PDA

View Full Version : WipEout 3 model AG-Systems craft in the WipEout Pure intro?

Hybrid Divide
14th February 2005, 06:23 PM
In the intro to WipEout Pure on www.wipeoutpure.com, I noticed what looked like a side view blueprint of an AG-Systems craft from the F-7200 era just after the Piranah logo appears.

Anybody else notice this?

Sausehuhn
14th February 2005, 06:31 PM
I noticed so many different things in this movie. I do not know how many informations are in it! I saw a few ships (in this blueprint style), weapons, team logos and so many other informations, I can't count them all!

Hellfire_WZ
14th February 2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I noticed it too, definitely a Mk3 AG-S. Like Sausehuhn said, there's plenty of stuff flying around in the video, but this one was pretty obvious. Worth another look just to see what else is lurking around.

*now in possession of an excuse, Hellfire sneaks off to watch the video 20 times more* :P

Chill
14th February 2005, 10:23 PM
I've watched It at least a good 10 times now, and will probably patch it another 100 before I can actually get my hands on the game. The only reason I wanted a PS2 was for Wipeout Fusion (which wasn't worth it!!!! :evil: ). Now, the same goes for the PSP. :D

alnuva
15th February 2005, 08:32 AM
I noticed so many different things in this movie. I do not know how many informations are in it! I saw a few ships (in this blueprint style), weapons, team logos and so many other informations, I can't count them all!yes this game seems like a mix of the f5000 and f7200 legues
Fx300
league.
wow a new name(fx)

Chill
15th February 2005, 03:33 PM
Federation, umm, x mabye means ten. Soooo, federation 1300? Nah, I don't know!! Perhaps it just sounds cool: Federation x. It does to me, anyway.
--
I've seen a few blueprints, but they don't seem to show a lot. They show blueprints of parts well, however. :wink:

Mobius
15th February 2005, 03:43 PM
Formula X mabey? could be that they wanted it to be a 4 digit number so they stuck a X int here to represent ten?

Sausehuhn
15th February 2005, 03:46 PM
You also can see the whole FX300 AG-5Y5 ship sometimes in blue print style... and of course the old Wip3out AG-5Y5 craf, but just a short moment :)

G'Kyl
15th February 2005, 05:44 PM
Just a thought: What about "X" for "experimental"?

Shem
15th February 2005, 09:16 PM
naaaahhhh

i don't think so. think about it - the last league no. was F9000 (correct me if i'm wrong). That means that Pure's league would be sth. above that number, and considering the fact that the game is set in 37 years after FUSION (correct me if I'm wrong) then the number would be somewhere above 9000 making is a possible 13000. Now, isn't that too many 0 around here? Why not put 'X' instead of a "0" or "00"? That's a good idea. And apart that, "X" is cool (at least it appeared to be when 'The X-files' were on). Add "Wipeout" to "X" and you get FX300!

Edited, corrected - thanks Hellfire!

Lance
15th February 2005, 09:23 PM
could be 10`300 [that's the way one of my calculators displays integers]

didn't i see somewhere that FX300 was supposed to be after W3O, but before Fusion? or was that a speculation by one of us?

although that would kinda make nonsense of 10000+. also Pure looks to be the top class of A-G racing, so it wouldn't be like Formula 2 or Formula Atlantic or other old ''low-cost'' versions of Formula type single-seat racecar series, that wouldn't follow the F1 timeline for regulations changes [different engine size, supercharged or not, weight limitations, etc]

Shem
15th February 2005, 09:33 PM
didn't i see somewhere that FX300 was supposed to be after W3O, but before Fusion? or was that a speculation by one of us?

I never heard of that...I always thought that Pure is set after Fusion (if I remember, i red this in an interview with one of Pure creators. He said something about Fusion being aimed at weapons, hence the new league is about speed [that's why it's being Pure - probably]. of course all this was related to chronological order of wipeout events).

Lance
15th February 2005, 09:37 PM
except for the brighter look, Pure seems more like 2097/XL than anything else, but with neon W3O prototype-style versions of old tracks, plus zone mode from Fusion. adding the coolest to the coolest?

it 'feels' like a near contemporary in era to W3O, but is most definitely its own unique thing

Shem
15th February 2005, 09:43 PM
it seems so, it just seems so Lance. we've got to praise wipeoutPure creators. There's no other way....

Chill
15th February 2005, 10:57 PM
Well, I read somewhere that Sony bought Psygnosis, so would be somebody from Sony, or somebody else, or a mixture of both? :?
--
Edit: This is going off topic. I only saw Pirahna as a blueprint, and nothing else (other than what looked like blueprints of parts). Shouldn't we just wait for the game, rather than drooling over it. I may just get tired of it before it even comes out. You guys may chat, but I think I'm gonna take a break of Pure. Talk to you soon! :wink:

Lance
16th February 2005, 12:30 AM
i'm sure you will ;)

Sony bought Psygnosis in 1993, almost 12 years ago, 2 years before the first wipEout. do try to keep up. ;)
all of the creators of Wipeout games, with the exception of outside design houses that did logos, billboards, and game menus, have been employees of Sony. who did you think the creators of WipEout Pure worked for? perhaps you should read further back in the forums to fill out your background knowledge so you can comment more accurately. there is a great deal of information on the history of Wipeout development in the forums, all the way back to the origin of the first concept. search for posts by Nick Burcombe and Jim Bowers, the co-creators of the first wipEout. also Lee Carus, and um.... was it Zippy or Bunny? or both? on the main site, Scott Naylor answered several of our questions about WO3.

mid
16th February 2005, 08:10 AM
Pure is set in 2197 (as mentioned in a couple of places). Unfortunately, I can't remember when Fusion was.

Hellfire_WZ
16th February 2005, 08:20 AM
Fusion was set in 2160, according to the back of the box

Lance
16th February 2005, 12:08 PM
only 37 years till a change in the formula! our descendents must not have found the previous formula quite as long-term satisfying as was expected

Rapier Racer
16th February 2005, 01:27 PM
i'm sure you will ;)

Sony bought Psygnosis in 1993, almost 12 years ago, 2 years before the first wipEout.

That would mean Sony owned the rights to all the Wipeout’s right? So why did they produce one for the N64 a rival console?

mid
16th February 2005, 02:11 PM
The same reason that the first two Wipeouts were also released for PC and Saturn, I presume. Wip3out was the first Playstation-only release.

Lance
16th February 2005, 06:10 PM
same reason any corporation does anything; more income. they get a royalty or licensing fee for every copy sold, or even possibly every copy made for a non-Sony format, whether sold or not

Colin Berry
16th February 2005, 07:22 PM
same reason any corporation does anything; more income. they get a royalty or licensing fee for every copy sold, or even possibly every copy made for a non-Sony format, whether sold or not

Sony did not have complete control of Psygnosis til about 1998. Prior to that they were only 'part owners' and the original Psygnosis Owner retained the say in what was developed. As soon as Sony took over completely all none playstation development ceased.

Lance
16th February 2005, 08:53 PM
the histories i've read make it sound as though Sony had complete ownership in '93 and simply phased out the name eventually. [i had wondered if change in policy was associated with the retirement of Akio Morita from the chairmanship of Sony]
if this is not the case, could you elaborate on the details of the stock transactions? that is, their approximate years and percentage of ownership after each. were there just two phases? the date of Sony's purchase is a point that comes up fairly frequently in these forums, since a lot of people wonder about who is responsible for what, so clarification would be good! :)

[btw, i think my answer in my previous post would still apply no matter which company was in charge of Psyggy's destiny. :D]

Colin Berry
22nd February 2005, 02:59 PM
the histories i've read make it sound as though Sony had complete ownership in '93 and simply phased out the name eventually. [i had wondered if change in policy was associated with the retirement of Akio Morita from the chairmanship of Sony]
if this is not the case, could you elaborate on the details of the stock transactions? that is, their approximate years and percentage of ownership after each. were there just two phases? the date of Sony's purchase is a point that comes up fairly frequently in these forums, since a lot of people wonder about who is responsible for what, so clarification would be good! :)

[btw, i think my answer in my previous post would still apply no matter which company was in charge of Psyggy's destiny. :D]

As best I recall Sony did not fully acquire Psygnosis until late 1998. Prior to then Sony owned most of the company however the Ian Hetherington and other Psygnosis directors still had the power of decision, and Ian Hetherington still had part ownership, hence development for the saturn, pc and 4 titles for the N64 (Wipeout, ODT, Destruction Derby and.... I cant remember the 4th :) )

I have no idea into the stock ins and outs ! and actual dates All I know is I started in 1997 and was hired by Psygnosis. Sony then took over 18 months or so later. Sony would never have allowed development on a Nintendo system, afterall, they dont do it now with internal products.

Lance
22nd February 2005, 08:33 PM
aha. thanks for your answer, Colin, that makes things more clear