11th February 2005, 04:13 PM
Wah! Fantastic! :D

Sausehuhn
11th February 2005, 04:21 PM
Wooohoooo!!!!! :rock_on

:D

Chill
11th February 2005, 04:37 PM
Awesome that I know, but now I have to wait until after 2:30 pm in order to see it. The computer I'm currently on won't work!! :evil: Now I have even more of a drive to get home.
(the clock on this site is wrong compared to the actual time).

Mobius
11th February 2005, 04:43 PM
the japanese site will be launched on valentines day, anyone think it wil be that same for this to fully go live?

BTW lovely intro

Angryman
11th February 2005, 04:55 PM
I love the white theme.. very PURE...
mmmmmmmmmmm.... It's going to be a painfully long wait for the psp launch. :cry:
The Design is pretty nice too, the music is ace. wowoow...
great.

Hellfire_WZ
11th February 2005, 05:14 PM
Oh.... wow.... That is pure class! (no pun intended) Can I assume that is the intro movie for the game?

zargz
11th February 2005, 05:16 PM
Probably ( pure speculation! ) :)

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Axel
11th February 2005, 05:45 PM
GADDAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to hunt the black market for a PSP, no way i'm missing this S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

G'Kyl
11th February 2005, 06:36 PM
Reminds me of the WipEout introin that you are being introduced to what you are about to fly. And it seems to be all about racing with (a lot of) style. Awesome!

BenjaminBirdie
11th February 2005, 06:55 PM
Absolutely gorgeous on every level. "All Is Full Of Speed", Chris Cunningham style. I really hope this is the intro video, as I want to see this in high quality video. Like, yesterday.

Hybrid Divide
11th February 2005, 07:19 PM
Oh. my. god.

I LOVE IT!

My heart nearly skipped a few beats while watching this.
I'm totally in love...

Can any of you link directly to the SWF file? I want to download this!
Any idea who did the music?

Dimension
11th February 2005, 08:53 PM
Any idea who did the music?

Not a clue, would likely have heard it by now if it had undergone an official release, probably an OST only one :wink:

Shem
11th February 2005, 09:24 PM
WOW (period)

yawnstretch
11th February 2005, 09:53 PM
OHHHHH. 8O MYYY. 8O GODDDDDD. :twisted:

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY UNBEF**KINGLIEVABLE!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GIVE IT TO ME - GIVE IT TO ME NOWWWWW

/smashes PSP over head

NOWWW DAMNITTTT!!!!!! :D :D

Yaster
11th February 2005, 10:05 PM
so you think this will be the games actual intro video?

yawnstretch
11th February 2005, 10:14 PM
God only knows but I tell you what - its so sweet I may just have to have sex with whoever made it...

-they're female right? 8)

And good looking :?:

Oh man I still havent come down off that. I had a tough day today and Im only home a couple of minutes. Wasnt expecting anything quite so heavenly at this hour.

WipEout Pure is Rocking my World.

Yaster
11th February 2005, 10:15 PM
I only saw that in the last 30 minutes cos i saw it posted on the IGN forums, has it only gone live tonight?

Chill
11th February 2005, 10:16 PM
This question's answered slightly approve, though a abrove of your excitment. I'm just stink'n mad and jealous of you people (sorry)!! I won't be able to get on because of our Parental Controls :oops:, and I'm 17 !! :!: :!: Will have to wait another dam 12 hours!! :evil:

Shem
11th February 2005, 10:19 PM
God only knows but I tell you what - its so sweet I may just have to have sex with whoever made it...

I think that, Collin was somewhat involved in making this "intro", so if you buy him some candy and flowers (and ask him nicely....).....who knows? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chill
11th February 2005, 10:24 PM
DAM!! yawnstretch, SLOW DOWN!!!! Quit getting your panties in a bunch, after all, the creater might not like you. Just jok'n with ya!

yawnstretch
11th February 2005, 10:36 PM
:D

Oh man - Im just so happy!

This game is looking more and more like some kind of dream-like state of perfection. Just the idea of it alone is genius and such high quality non-playable game content always adds to the escapism quality of a game.

I'll have zero difficulty investing imagination in this game because the creators are obviously putting in some seriously cool ideas.

!WipEout PurE!

Dimension
11th February 2005, 11:29 PM
WOW (period)

You talking Way Out West (music) or just expressing your thoughts? :)

edit: wipEout could do with some WOW now that I think about it :D

Whocares9
12th February 2005, 02:01 AM
:rock_on

Sweet a$$ song too :guitarist

AmishRobot
12th February 2005, 03:45 AM
Mother pusbucket! I posted this in the wrong thread! Oh my, sorry... well here you go. Here's my request again:

Would someone be so kind as to post a direct link to the video? I can't access the site, and I really don't feel like updating flash just for that.

Shem
12th February 2005, 07:56 AM
WOW (period)

You talking Way Out West (music) or just expressing your thoughts? :)

Both! :D

Ally Graham
12th February 2005, 01:30 PM
I have tried to download the Flash file, however the video is not contained within the same file.
Very annoyed!

Lance
12th February 2005, 04:06 PM
and you're not the only one annoyed, Ally; i'm on dial-up and can't see the video properly without downloading. if i choose 'save flash' on that page, all it saves is 'Coming soon' animation. so i can't replay the sloooooooooooooooowly downloaded flash, which only displays a sub-one-second piece every once in a while until the video is over. highly unsatisfactory.

btw, Ally, welcome to the WZ :)

Chill
12th February 2005, 04:40 PM
Quite nice, but I've been one of the dirty types that likes oil stains and damage, I always saw it as something cool. :( Oh well, the future for me will probably be really clean with all of those fuel-celled motors and stuff. Better get used to it. Oh ya, the video is awesome!!!! Not much for all the white (and sorry for disagreeing) but it was a cool video. Too bad I don't got sound!!!! :x

Ally, WELCOME!!!! :D

Axel
12th February 2005, 04:45 PM
No sound? Dude your missing the best part!!! :P

Chill
12th February 2005, 04:46 PM
Ya, you're probably right, I'm gonna try restarting the computer and try it again. :P

Edit: Nah, it won't work. Forget it!!!! :x

Ally Graham
12th February 2005, 05:45 PM
I am really having trouble trying to work out how to access the video.

I have accessed the script of the video, and found the line of code that talks about the location of the file, I think (written exactly as I view it):

VideoDisplay.setMedia ("../Repository/FLV/WipeoutIntro100K.flv", "FLV")

That I think is the line of code for the video.

Tried inputting the location in a number of forms, but then realised that it is relative to where the Flash file is located on the server.
Any help or suggestions would be of help.

(BTW used a program to save the Flash file to my HDD, then used Flash Decompiler to find the codeing)

AmishRobot
12th February 2005, 05:47 PM
Okay, I updated flash (easier than I expected) and saw the video. Very, very cool! Considering all the design's done in-house, I've got to say I'm really impressed with how much style this game's showing off. Infinitely better than GT had done on Fusion. The music's great, too. I'm curious as to who it is.

I can only assume that this is the intro when the game boots up.

Colin Berry
12th February 2005, 06:31 PM

I think that, Collin was somewhat involved in making this "intro", so if you buy him some candy and flowers (and ask him nicely....).....who knows? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erm, no I wasnt.

But I know the man who was :)

yawnstretch
12th February 2005, 07:07 PM

Erm, no I wasnt.

But I know the man who was :)

:(

Lance
12th February 2005, 07:20 PM
what with Lee Carus presently working on Pure and having been the person who made the very first wipEout video, could it be him? whoever did it, it looks as though it must be very good indeed, even though i could only see it in bits

Chill
12th February 2005, 07:21 PM
:D Sorry for laughing at you. Hey, ya wanna tell me in a private message? Just jok'n :lol: . I know u wouldn't give that stuff out, but, sorry for asking such a dumb question, how do you guys quote other people's quotes like that??!!!! I can't figure the jippy out!! :oops:

Mano
12th February 2005, 07:26 PM
That intro is inspiring. Beautiful work!

Lance
12th February 2005, 07:27 PM
Chill:
click the ''reply with quote'' button. leftmost button of the set in the upper right of a post. but please don't abuse it. it's been overused on this page of the thread. i hate seeing a page full of posts that consist almost entirely of quotes that are far larger than the reply. most of the time, the reply only refers to one sentence in the post. if one must quote, it is better to quote only the part one is replying to. and if the reply immediately follows the referred to post, a quote is almost never needed.
[end of moderator rant]

Chill
12th February 2005, 07:30 PM
Chill:
click the ''reply with quote'' button..

Gotcha, thanx a bunch!!!!

Dimension
12th February 2005, 08:19 PM
Shem:
You think that tune is WOW? I suppose it could be, listening to it it has more of a Hybrid sound about it though, the beat is kinda Hybrid IMO, who knows? (except Colin, Colin doesn't count because he's not going to tell us :()

edit: quote by Dimension quoting Shem quoting Dimension quoting Shem removed by Lance and replaced by a one-word direct address to the person being questioned. [faints breathlessly] :o ;)
Gee, thanks for that Lance, i'll make a note of quoting as many boxes within boxes as I can from now on, cheers! :D

reTokyo
12th February 2005, 08:20 PM
Hello,

I converted to swf file and ziped.

http://www.retokyo.de/temp/WipeoutPureIntro.zip

Have fun! :wink:

Sausehuhn
12th February 2005, 08:25 PM
At first "hello" and second: Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I will download that when I'm at home.

PS: A really good first posting :)

AmishRobot
12th February 2005, 08:54 PM
Two questions about the video:

1. What exactly is a "4 stage divergent turbine"?

2. Was the initial shot of the gate opening intended to look so sexually suggestive?

Shem
12th February 2005, 09:17 PM
ad 1.

probably the same thing as "Syrus 2800mkII engine model", "Pro-Am sr320 stabilising surfaces" or "Xevious 4 weapon control systems" - a sample of wipeout developers imagination.

ad 2.

hmm, i don't find the gate opening sequence sexy.....[and i don't get turned on by driving my car into the garage as well...]

Lance
12th February 2005, 09:19 PM
reTokyo, hi. welcome to the WZ. and a big thanks for posting the zip. am downloading it dial-up slowly now. :D

yawnstretch
12th February 2005, 09:37 PM
FAO those who are downloading the zip - I suppose it is very handy and well done reTokyo, but the music and video are way out of sync so the effect is a little bit ruined... anyway it still looks awesome and it's a lot better for those on dialup.

/Thanks God for Broadband for what seems the millionth time.

Also welcome to the forum reTokyo - any ideas on how to make that swf an avi? I want to run it on my PSP :twisted:

Lance
12th February 2005, 10:04 PM
FAO?

Chill
13th February 2005, 04:01 AM
Axel wrote:
''No sound? Dude your missing the best part!!! :P''

YESSS!!!! Finally gotta see and hear it!!! SSAAAWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!! Can't wait!! :P
The bass is awesome!! The song just make me curl!!!! :twisted:

AmishRobot wrote:
2. Was the initial shot of the gate opening intended to look so sexually suggestive?

I know what you're talking about.

yawnstretch
13th February 2005, 10:13 AM
FAO?

For the Attention Of

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=25908

zargz
13th February 2005, 10:54 AM
8O!!! you never stop learning! :D

Sausehuhn
13th February 2005, 11:28 AM
This movie is like [WipEout] heaven! Does anybody know if we could get it in a higher quality? Or some (big) screenshots of the movie, so I could use it as a desktop background. Man, this ship is so cool!!! And it looks so real with all the details and the light etc.

Liverpool should not give us anymore movies, screens etc, because that is making me crazy! I can not sleep, every time I think about this game!!! It's like a drug!

:wink:

yawnstretch
13th February 2005, 11:42 AM
/Morpheus (in The Matrix 1 before the Red Pill - Blue Pill Scene ) voice

"I know exactly what you mean..."

Lance
13th February 2005, 02:40 PM
yawnstretch:
aha. FAO. thank you. now i know another one; usually i see the more generally directed FYI instead.

zargz
13th February 2005, 04:07 PM
for your information? just guessing ..

G'Kyl
13th February 2005, 04:27 PM
FYI: Yep. :)

Ally Graham
13th February 2005, 04:47 PM
Liverpool should not give us anymore movies, screens etc, because that is making me crazy! I can not sleep, every time I think about this game!!! It's like a drug!

What videos are there? I have the trailer and the website one, are there more :D

(BTW, I have a PSP forum that I am trying to get to the masses, and I need more members. There is alot of info, and I post news oftern, but just need more people to talk. Please, please join>>> www.pspallysforum.tk )

Rapier Racer
13th February 2005, 04:48 PM
oh wow I just saw the video, I think i'll be watching it all night! looks so smooth n clean and that somg it great I want to know who it is!

Ally Graham
13th February 2005, 04:54 PM
I have got a converter to convert the flash video to AVI, so am off to do just that!
I can also extract audio to MP3, and convert to GIF!

PM me your e-mail address, or add me to me Messenger, or someone host it for me if you want the video.

I have got a screensaver maker, so can make the vid into a screensaver, how cool is that!
So same as above if you want the screensaver.

Sausehuhn
13th February 2005, 06:19 PM
@ Ally Graham

There are movies at www.ign.com and www.gamespot.com and of course the "intro" movie. All in all there are round about 8 movies out know...

DuraFlex
13th February 2005, 09:10 PM
I saw the site today and man, AMAZING

The soundtrack just kicks ass, this is the sound the newest wipeout must have. Fresh, modern and one crazy beat, love it.

If this reflects the care and detail in the game we got ourselves a kick ass experience :D

edit: anyone knows the name of the song?

G'Kyl
13th February 2005, 09:35 PM
OK, since everybody seem to get excited about the music, I'd like to add I don't really like i that much. That is, it is perfect for an intro etc., but I sure hope the in-game soundtrack is going to be much more aggressive. My hopes rest in what I heard from the latest two IGN videos, because they had some great club-like track playing.
Anyway, so much on the relation of (what could be) intro music and the rest of the soundtrack.

Ben

Chill
14th February 2005, 04:05 AM
Even though I think the song is AWESOME, I agree with you very much, G'Kyl. The music should be much better while racing. I just hope they didn't use the best song out of the whole game for the intro!! :o

Ally Graham
14th February 2005, 07:23 AM
Does anyone have an offline copy of the Flash video that has the music in sync?
That way I can make the video better by having audio that works.

I have the Intro in AVI format now (with out-of-sync music), so feel free to ask me for in in the ways I have listed in an earlier post.

The Boye
14th February 2005, 11:48 AM
Watching one of the AG ships construct in minute detail will give a better appreciation when they explode right in front of you. Nice. :D

yawnstretch
14th February 2005, 12:48 PM
Watching one of the AG ships construct in minute detail will give a better appreciation when they explode right in front of you. Nice. :D

LOL!

Ally Graham
14th February 2005, 02:49 PM
I have got a copy of the .flv file,
I have converted to .swf, and the audio is synced!

Sausehuhn
14th February 2005, 02:56 PM
post it, post it, post it! :D

Ally Graham
14th February 2005, 03:04 PM
How do i post it?
I have got a converter to convert the flash video to AVI, so am off to do just that!
I can also extract audio to MP3, and convert to GIF!

I have got a screensaver maker, so can make the vid into a screensaver, how cool is that!

PM me your e-mail address, or add me to me Messenger, or someone host it for me if you want the video or screensaver.

The Boye
14th February 2005, 04:18 PM
Host it here

www.yousendit.com

then post the filename

Ally Graham
14th February 2005, 04:28 PM
I have just managed to access an old free website username, and have a limit of 100mb, so no probs.
Will have it ready by tomorrow at the latest.

Ally Graham
15th February 2005, 06:52 AM
Sorry to double post.

All files have synced audio and visuals.

The .avi video is ready for download.
http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EZNC6D6M0JB2X7XIG6OQY8MH

The .swf video is ready for download.
http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=12MY1F1VRPOOE2GNTPF261D5YO

NOTE: Some files have been removed for possible leagal reasons.

You have 7 days before it is deleted off the server!
After the 7 days, the files will only be avaliable through invitation direct from someone.

Enjoy!

Salt|Ultra
15th February 2005, 07:35 AM
Wow, well done, Ally Graham.

You rock 8)

Ally Graham
15th February 2005, 07:41 AM
Any problems, suggestions, or comments, you can contact me on here or through messenger.

Hope I did not cause too many problems yesterday when alot of people were trying to download the files through messenger at once, it slowed my computer right down, and it gave up.

But now the files are easy to get to and online all the time.

Now what should my next project be?

MRcool2035
15th February 2005, 08:43 AM
am i the only one dissapointed that the upate to the japanese site we'v all been waiting for wher 4 screenshots? and tehy arn't even new, they are th most common screenshots so far, i must have seen them a 100 times already...

eLhabib
15th February 2005, 09:00 AM
you the man ally! quality is ace :D

G'Kyl
15th February 2005, 09:11 AM
am i the only one dissapointed that the upate to the japanese site we'v all been waiting for wher 4 screenshots?

Take it easy. :-) Sony will do what they can to sell a wonderful new Wipeout. Anything else (the hype) is just a sideproduct one shouldn't get too excited about. :)

Ben

Ally Graham
15th February 2005, 02:56 PM
I wonder when they will update wipeoutpure.com?

Chill
15th February 2005, 04:10 PM
Thanx for the help for everyone, Ally. You're a very good new member! I love this site!! Thank you EVERYONE!!!!!! :D :D :wink:

mid
16th February 2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks Ally!

My next step - use TMPGenc to convert to VCD in order to play it on the telly :D

Oh, and as for the music, does that 303 sound like Underworld's Cowgirl, or what? The beginning bit sounds really, really like something else, too.

Dimension
16th February 2005, 02:54 PM
uh, not really, can't hear many similarities, fast note structure yeah, but that's common with 303-ish basslines, can't see anything in common with cowgirl. :? There's no squelch in the 303-isher either, the filter stays put, if it was purposefully ripped from cowgirl they'd have made it obvious, maybe just a coincidence?

mid
16th February 2005, 03:29 PM
Yes, it's probably just a combination of my over-fertile imagination and my rampant Underworld fanboyism.

That and the fact that a 303 sounds like a 303.

Ally Graham
16th February 2005, 03:35 PM
I read (can't remember where now) that music specially written for WipEout Pure would be the only music on the game, in otherwords, music that has not been released publicaly before.
I could be wrong however.

Sausehuhn
16th February 2005, 04:54 PM
I read that, too. It's a soundtrack with tracks only written for the game. :D

Dimension
16th February 2005, 07:54 PM
yeah, but I believe that general MID(:oops:) there's thinking was that it was a sign of underworld's involvement in general, artists are known to each have a sound of their that fanboys can spot a mile away, it's sometimes just hidden more proficiently :D

Shem
16th February 2005, 08:55 PM
if so, well, then what about legal stuff? Underworld is signed to a label, which won't allow to uncredit Underworld if they got their hands on the tunes of Pure. Of course, there's always the posibility that they wouldn't be credited because they (Underworld) would do it somewhat on their own, but then again their names could be credited. speculations speculations speculations. all in all, it's probably a nameless guy making all the music in Pure :D :wink:

infoxicated
16th February 2005, 09:07 PM
Jees.

Ally's ripping a commercial music track from a site belonging to a company who have people that watch this forum, and he's actively re-distributing it via this topic, yet the first legal problem with the whole show comes down to the alleged a sampling of an Underworld track.

Wow.

The mind boggles, it really does - I guess it's not theft unless you give a **** about the party being stolen from, eh? But if it's just a flash movie then... yay - **** 'em. :roll:

Shem
16th February 2005, 09:21 PM
agreed.

Thruster2097
16th February 2005, 10:12 PM
Well, where to start.....

You've made me the happiest girl in the world!!!!!!! :lol:
That video.... that truly awesome video.... I have a tingle running up my spine from watching it. The only other game to have that effect on me was the opening movie from WipEout1.

So far... the PurE project is PERFECT. I feel that this pays fair homage to its predecessors while (in true WipEout tradition) taking an immense leap forward.
All the screengrabs.... ALL the screengrabs are in crystal detail, the movie action is fast paced and intense, just like it should be...

I dont know who the design and dev. team are up there in liverpool, hopefully I will get the opportunity to thank you individually at some stage, but you've hit my nail on the head. And it also looks like the rest of the 'zone are impressed, too!

:clap

For some reason I hope this isn't the actual opening movie to the game tho. Playing it looped over and over a million-and-a-half times has ruined its novelty, so in this respect it may be a good idea to have a new "proper" intro movie.
The novelty of it may have worn off, but the majesty hasn't. Good work all!

Now, if only I could realistically afford a PSP without resorting to crime....

Dimension
16th February 2005, 10:52 PM
uh oh, this seems to be getting blown way out of proportion, one minute mid notices a very loose connection to underworld and the next we're onto legal problems, wah! Did Ally even make an mp3 available? I would expect that that is illegal distribution, but then again there was no binding agreement thing telling us not to spread it about on the purE site that i could see, guess it's not really illegal then 8O

Thruster2097
16th February 2005, 11:05 PM
Can someone post a link to the .jp wipeout pure site? all I can find is an offical "preorder now" page.

Rapier Racer
16th February 2005, 11:12 PM
http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/

Thruster2097
16th February 2005, 11:18 PM
mmmm, wireframe things........ (drool)
cheers, assegai developments!

Wiseman
17th February 2005, 05:21 AM
I just recompiled the website onto my hard drive so I could watch it again and again, without worry. It's easier that way. Sure, your browser can't play that WipeoutIntro100K.flv file, but the MediaPlayer.swf file can. That's what it's there for, after all. :)

Ally Graham
17th February 2005, 07:47 AM
See my 'WipEout Pure Website Videos' for a written apology for any legal problems caused.
And so for this reason I have taken off the mp3 and wav links, and will not give them a permanent home.
Hope this is good enough for Sony to understand that I meant no harm, I was just doing what I feel I was allowed to do, and wanted to push how far I could go with the files.

On that note, yesterday I turned the video into 8 shots a second images sequence, so in other words screenshots of the video taken at 8 a second and saved.
Would I be allowed to distribute these?

Again, sorry for any legal problems.

mid
17th February 2005, 08:29 AM
Blimey, I didn't mean all that to happen!

I just meant that the 303 bit sounded very much in their style, and maybe (here's hoping) they might be doing something for the game. Not that someone had 'stolen' it at all. No-one, Underworld or anyone else, is credited with the music in that clip, so I was just trying to guess who did it.

I'm just glad I didn't mention the opening synth washes, that sound a bit like Fluke...

Shem
17th February 2005, 09:29 AM
I'm just glad I didn't mention the opening synth washes, that sound a bit like Fluke...
:going off topic:
(to me they sounded like Vangelis's "Blade Runner" music)

infoxicated
17th February 2005, 10:11 AM
See my 'WipEout Pure Website Videos' for a written apology for any legal problems caused.
And so for this reason I have taken off the mp3 and wav links, and will not give them a permanent home.
Hope this is good enough for Sony to understand that I meant no harm, I was just doing what I feel I was allowed to do, and wanted to push how far I could go with the files.

On that note, yesterday I turned the video into 8 shots a second images sequence, so in other words screenshots of the video taken at 8 a second and saved.
Would I be allowed to distribute these?

Again, sorry for any legal problems.
Ally, this site enjoys a special relationship with the developers of the game at Studio Liverpool. It would be a shame if that relationship was strained due to any legal issues this kind of thing might throw up. While I appreciate your efforts in helping members view the clip who could not access the official site, when you started adding sound effects and going "check out my enhanced version" - that was just taking the piss, I think.

Thanks for understanding, though. :)

Ally Graham
17th February 2005, 10:30 AM
All 'enhanced' versions have been taken off the forum.
All that i have left on are the .avi, .swf, and .mpg4 files.

I left the .avi and .swf for people that can't view the site.
I left .mpg4 on as people could not convert the files for some reason (maybe something i dio) to view on their PSP, or even as one person has commented, not got an .swf or .avi player.

I am very much against people who download illegal music and videos, and so would never meant to go into illegal practices.
It is a bit of a running joke with my friends that I am very technically advanced regarding computers, but I don't download illegal music or videos, allmost as if the two things go hand in hand, which they don't. Just because you can do something, does not mean you should.

I never ment for any of this to happen.
I am a very helpful person in everyday life too, and even when i am behind with my own school work, i am helping someone else out. So you can see, i was only trying to do the best that i could, but still went too far.
I did go too far, but the best thing to do is to learn from this, thus is life.

infoxicated
17th February 2005, 10:41 AM
Cool - don't worry about it.

I know that the nice chap who created the FMV is very pleased with the positive response from everybody. Although I doubt he imagined there'd be a whole black market of file trading opened up by his creation! :) :lol:

Ally Graham
17th February 2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks.

Anyway, moving on.

I would love to be able to make something like that website video, must take alot of experience, time and computer power.
You know when something is good, like the website, when it has the real power of making people stop, and just go WOW!

This has been a fantastic advertisement for Pure, and just makes you want it more!

Guess that is why even within a day after it being uploaded we check back regularly for updates that we know won't come for a while, but we all live in hope.

The power of technology, giving way to strong emotions.

Were we still taking about games and advertisement for games like this just 5 years ago?
Maybe, but I bet that we become more emotionally involved in the production of the game, and wanting to know every little detail of it and hanging on every little byte of video.

The Power of Computer Games Infects Us All
The Power of Emotions Give Us Power to Play Computer Games

infoxicated
17th February 2005, 11:43 AM
It did take the best part of a year to create that FMV. I'll see if it's possible to get an interview with the man behind it, so he can give us some insight into how it's done.

Wouldn't mind knowing myself. ;)

Ally Graham
17th February 2005, 11:52 AM
A year!
Gosh, that is longer than I thought. I can imagine that there is alot more things like that out there regarding Pure that has been going on for a long time without us having any idea of.

The wait continues!

zargz
17th February 2005, 11:54 AM
Interview??! :hyper YEEEAAAHH! :rock_on :clap :clap :clap :robot

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Salt|Ultra
18th February 2005, 04:19 AM
It did take the best part of a year to create that FMV.

8O Whoa!

Somehow it seems even cooler knowing how much work went in to it.

Ally Graham
18th February 2005, 07:31 AM
It sure does.

Again makes me wonder what they have in store for us!

mid
22nd February 2005, 03:36 PM
Bizarre question of the day:

Is it just me, or is the Sun Microsystems logo being used for the website's favicon?

odd.

science
23rd February 2005, 01:26 AM
I know I'm a little slow to getting around to saying it, but that teaser was fantastic, and the ship design is back to gorgeous. I am definitely looking forward to this game.

UncleZeiv
23rd February 2005, 10:32 AM
Is it just me, or is the Sun Microsystems logo being used for the website's favicon?

It's not you, it's definitely the Sun logo! 8O Someone should tell them, it's clearly a default they overlooked to change :lol:

_dave_

Ally Graham
23rd February 2005, 11:41 AM
At first I wonderded what you ment, then I saw it in the tab in Firefox.
That is quite funny, I thought it was some WipEout sign, but now that you have pointed it out, I see it.
I does seem quite fitting for WipEout in its own way.

Ally Graham
5th March 2005, 08:53 AM
Found this on a news website:

BUBBLE Media has been briefed by Sony to design and produce a website to promote the WipEout Pure game for its new PSP platform - the latest game in the series that created a cult following on its original release in 1995.

Salt|Ultra
5th March 2005, 06:09 PM
Bubbles' website is interesting:
http://www.bubblemedia.co.uk

I'm not really getting a Wipeout feel from them, although I do really like some of the stuff they have done.

Chill
6th March 2005, 04:51 AM
That's quite nice eye candy, ahem, woops, should speak upon the topic, ya? :wink:

Lance
6th March 2005, 01:45 PM
it's related to the topic, though

Yaster
7th March 2005, 02:14 PM
sorry if someones mentioned it, but this has had an update:
http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/

Sausehuhn
7th March 2005, 02:36 PM
Where is the update? I just see the same things I've seen for more than 2 weeks :?

Yaster
7th March 2005, 04:41 PM
ok well maybe i just haven't looked at it in 2 weeks then

Chill
8th March 2005, 04:30 AM
I think It's when you click on systems, more than just game mode appears. And then again, that could just be something my blind eyes just noticed. Sorry if it is!! :wink:

Deadly Diabetic
8th March 2005, 06:37 AM
Hey guys,

A couple of things:

First, I love this site and I think that it is absolutely amazing that you enjoy such a tight relationship with the development studio. There are few sites and even fewer developers that encourage such a relationship. Right on for such a great community.

Second, does anyone know how to get screenshots from a PSP? I ordered mine from ebgames a couple of days ago and just got the confirmation today. I should have the unit along with Wipeout Pure on 3/25. I would love to post some screenshots for those that would like to see them, I just need to know how.

Third, I went to the japanese website and clicked on the tab labeled "team" and there is alist of teams that reads: AG-SYS, Auricom, Feisar, Horimou (sp?), piranha, Qirex, Triakis (sp?), and assegai. Now, it had been so long since I had played WOXL that I had to go download the demo to remember what the vehicles looked like (thanks for the help) but the other teams (Horimou, Triakis, Assegai) were these entries from the Wipeout Fusion game? If so, what are their general flying characteristics?

Thanks for the help and once again this truly is a wonderful site!

-DD

Hybrid Divide
8th March 2005, 07:13 AM
Triakis and Horimou are new to WipEout PurE.

Assegai is from WIpEout 3.

It's characteristics were that it was just as manuverable as a FEISAR, but with MUCH better speed, the only problem is the extremely weak shielding.

For most WipEout 3 races, Assegai is my craft of choice, although my favorite team is FEISAR. (I just love their classically designed ships!)

Hope that helps!

Lance
8th March 2005, 12:16 PM
Colin says that Harimau is the correct spelling

Salt|Ultra
8th March 2005, 04:15 PM
Since there is no video out feature on the PSP, the only way that we can get screenshots is to take a picture of the screen. All of the screenshots you see on the web come from a development system, not from the actual PSP itself.

Deadly Diabetic
8th March 2005, 06:49 PM
I appreciate the quick replies! By chance does anyone have any idea how the new ships are going to handle? If you have already covered this topic somewhere else on this board, I apologize and please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
-DD

Thruster2097
8th March 2005, 07:09 PM
The team at liverpool have tried to replicate the handling from 2097/ XL, since this is what the fans thought was the best.
I think this is confirmed on "developer interview 2" on gamespot.

Hellfire_WZ
9th March 2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, it was also confirmed in EGDE magazine and I think GamesTM as well.

Ally Graham
9th March 2005, 08:10 PM
Do you know if we can expect an update on the website anytime soon?

Deadly Diabetic
11th March 2005, 02:29 AM
The official US PSP Page just released:

http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/

-DD

Salt|Ultra
11th March 2005, 02:52 AM
with 3 new screens even:
http://www.us.playstation.com/screenshots.aspx?id=UCUS-98612

Deadly Diabetic
11th March 2005, 03:19 AM
Yeah, I wasn't sure if those were new or not and I didn't want to seem like a n00b! lol.

;)

-DD

Shem
11th March 2005, 05:27 AM
These are new tho, plus, it solves the mystery of Horimou-Triakis ship. Just look at the first screen....

zargz
11th March 2005, 07:29 AM
the name on the wing! 8O
way cool!
how about next installment be able to put zargz there ..
or shem for that matter :D

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

infoxicated
11th March 2005, 07:40 AM
It's Harimau.
There is no O.

Kids and grown ups love them so. :|

Foxy thinks they frickin' blow! ;)

Shem
11th March 2005, 10:22 AM
If you say so infox....

I just get damn confused by the font used to write the name of the team - just look at the japanese website. How the hell am i supposed to know if it's an 'A' or 'O'? The same with w3o font, where 'D' and 'O' look the same. Anyway, Harimau....(sayonara!)

Lance
11th March 2005, 12:25 PM
we're supposed to know because Colin Berry already told us here in the forums how it's spelled

Sausehuhn
11th March 2005, 12:54 PM
It's the same with Icaras. You also could think it's Icoros. Maybe Harimau is Icaras? (like Tigron is Qirex and G-tech is AG-5YS in Fusion)

The design of the "a" is a little bit difficult.
____

between: I like that Pure is the 1st featured game. Looks like Sony thinks the game will be a must-have, too.

Ally Graham
15th March 2005, 02:28 PM
Do you think they will ever update the site?

Mobius
15th March 2005, 03:46 PM
Good question - mabey in June... :(

Sausehuhn
15th March 2005, 03:48 PM
I think in this month, when Pure will be released in the US. Maybe they also will add the other sites (german, french and italian I think) at the same day or later when the PSP will be available in europe.