PDA

View Full Version : Are we that stupid?

judus
7th February 2005, 10:03 PM
I'm sorry for this angry post, but I cant help being angry atm. I read on IGN and gamespot that the europian launch of psp may be put back. Theres no official date on the new release date, but Gamesradar predicts a 15th april launch. I'ts not the data thats bothering me, but recently UK releases have suffered so far that the good games are outdated when they come out. For example mgs 3 is "not" out yet. What the hell is wrong? i would have thought that sony would have leant it's lessons from the ps2 launch, but instead they repeat the same mistake again only with worse results for the uk.

I'm sure they'll throw an extra stick with the UK psp package when/if it gets released here to reward and thank us for the wait.
This means no wipeout for another month or two. Guess i'll be playing the prequels again.
DS anyone?

Shem
7th February 2005, 11:44 PM
No worries mate.

Just think of it as it would be a great opportunity to polish your skills playing previous games before getting your hands on PSP and Pure. I sure will be flying the good old WO2097. Until I become a true master of it. Until I beat all the records on the tables. Until me and my craft become one. Until someday in 2007 when I get money for PSP and some games, so i can finally say "Whoopee! I can stop playing 2097 at last!!" lol

mid
8th February 2005, 08:11 AM
You're only seeing the issue on the hardware you're most lusting after, though; it's just the same elsewhere. If you really want to know what region-specific delay looks like, try Nintendo. Animal Crossing took well over a year to reach the UK, and while they've got a lot better recently, it wasn't the only game to take that long - Harvest Moon has only just landed a UK publisher.

Ultimately, if you want to do something about it, go to www.videogamesplus.ca and import from Canada. It often works out cheaper, as well - a Canadian PS2 will set you back about £90, and games are normally about £25.