PDA

View Full Version : "Making Of" Wipeout in Edge magazine

Frankie Lee
7th February 2005, 04:25 PM
I'm new here, so maybe this has been posted before, but last month's Edge magazine had a feature on the making of the original Wipeout, including comments from one of the creators (who went on to create Quantum Redshift).

Is there a way to put the article up? Not sure if that's even legal.

Lance
7th February 2005, 04:39 PM
you're talking about Nick Burcombe, who co-created the original wipeout concept with Jim Bowers. both of them are members of these forums and have retold the story of the creation [in a pub] of the original concept and much of the story thereafter.

several people who have worked on the various Wipeout versions are members, including Colin Berry, the lead designer on the new Wipeout Pure, and Wayne Imlach, the lead on Wipeout 3

anyway, we tend to get the story more directly here than by posting articles. :D
we are so very lucky that they've contributed to this place. and no, i'm not kissing up; i really mean it

zargz
7th February 2005, 10:34 PM
you could make a link though! 8)
welcome to the forums, frankie! :D

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Frankie Lee
8th February 2005, 08:51 AM
No, that's alright. I get the message.

Lance
8th February 2005, 09:14 AM
a link would be fine if the article is online.
we couldn't post the entire article, whether printed on paper or electronically posted, without permission, though as i understand it, quotations of moderate size are legally allowed in reviews and comments

phase 2
26th April 2005, 02:57 PM
I saw the magazine in barnes&noble( my friend is nick named edge his graffiti name check him out @ twelve ounce prophit.com) So he naturaly picked up the mag I saw how sick the cover looked and was blown awaywith the A.G. crafts popping out rite at you. I'm planning on buying two just to have one in plastic. You guys probibly already know but thiers another great article about wipe out in the official U.S. playstation mag issue # 91 with what sounds like the same story.

myima-tsarong
27th April 2005, 11:08 AM
yeah I bought that magazine, purely on the basis that it had Wipeout on the front cover !!!