PDA

View Full Version : PSP pushed back in europe!!!

Axel
4th February 2005, 06:52 PM
Please tell me this is not true!!!

http://psp.ign.com/articles/585/585345p1.html

This is a bummer, oh well :(

Thruster2097
4th February 2005, 07:27 PM
yeah, but wasnt this a well known fact that the UK and Euro territories wouldnt offically see the PSP until march/april? At least my local Game store has known about this from mid-december.
If the current state of play with GT4 is anything to go by, then the Euro PSP's will be refined from the current model, and therefore worth the wait and worth the extra cash us gaumless brits are willing to squander on them!

It really is a great time to be in the gaming industry..... what with two of the gaming giants releasing handheld systems, all we need now is a Microsoft handhel....... uh..... (looking at shiny iPAQ).... :lol:

G'Kyl
4th February 2005, 08:19 PM
Well, fortuanately, Microsoft only recently declared to have no ambitions to get into the hendheld market. OK, this doesn't mean a whole lot, but at least they won't be doing it anytime soon.
To tell you the truth, I can live with the delay. Over the last few years my gaming life has seen too many of them to feel bad about one more. ;)

Ben

Mobius
4th February 2005, 08:47 PM
this is looking relatively bleak though - i just hope that sony will release pure worldwide @ the same time tbh.

Dimension
4th February 2005, 09:19 PM
well, you just don't know if they're gonna hit us with even more delays, and if they do it's not reeeeally fair to have Al and co. across the ogin have to wait for us lot to get PSPs. We should be able to rest assured that at least we'll get them, at least it's not nintendo doing this (and having wipeout pure on their system), if it were europe would likely never see a launch date for that :P

Hellfire_WZ
5th February 2005, 08:48 AM
An import is looking ever more likely... If they're planning nothing special for the release over here, there's really no point in waiting. Mind you, the GameFAQs PSP board reckons the US are only getting the "value pack".... at $250.... with no games. Is it just me or is this getting more expensive by the minute?

Chill
5th February 2005, 09:22 PM
Mobius wrote:
this is looking relatively bleak though - i just hope that sony will release pure worldwide @ the same time tbh.

I agree. Though I was thinking the PSP would release in North America sometime next year, not this spring!!!!!! I guess I'm getting a little slow with news. The only thing I know about the PSP right now is Wipeout Pure. It should come on the same day as PSP does. :wink:

Rapier Racer
6th February 2005, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately, I think pure will be released as soon as it can be which means…

Would Sony still go ahead and put the games up for sale in Europe in March even if the PSP isn’t here?

Dimension
6th February 2005, 04:29 PM
The one I'm wondering about is this: when wipeouts have been released in the past, club nights and such have been done at the time here in the UK, would the game be released before any of these release parties could happen? I wonder 8)