PDA

View Full Version : When did you get your records

Jetlag
2nd February 2005, 02:24 PM
Hi all,

I played 2097 for the first time in years last night, I have to say that I was at best 4 seconds behind what my best!

I'm just wondering when people got their times and whether they can still get close to them.

PS I forgot to write down my times last night, so I shall look again tonight and post tommorow.

Dimension
2nd February 2005, 02:52 PM
While I don't have a copy of 2097 for a working system, i do still play WO3 and i'm setting records just about every day ATM :)

lunar
2nd February 2005, 03:17 PM
When Infox launched the tables I entered all of my times, however bad - in order to embarass myself into action. I`ve beaten most of them now and set my best competing with Clint Johnston, who has disapeared. When Arnaud entered his times I must admit I felt a bit discouraged - but chased a few of them. I even beat one, which lasted about two hours until he noticed. :wink:

Ben`s Qirex records are equally daunting - though they don`t get the same publicity. 8)

Then I got F104, then Madden 05, so I`m not "wipeing" at the moment. But it was all just a year ago so I`m sure I haven`t gone completely flight senile in that time and could improve a bit. I need to pick up the neg again as Stin and a few others have really started to set some amazing times.

many pilots have still not entered any 2097 records - you know who you are. :P

G'Kyl
3rd February 2005, 10:33 PM
Ben`s Qirex records are equally daunting - though they don`t get the same publicity.

Thanks a lot, but don't forget Lance's times. I remember a nice competition over a few records last year. (which, by the way, I am about to take up again, since my semester break has just started - I'm already closing in on your out-of-reach Venom records in Sagarmartha, Lance... ;) )

many pilots have still not entered any 2097 records - you know who you are. :P

Well, at least there are a lot more Phantoms flying at Talon's Reach these days. It's getting harder by the day for a Quirex to stay in the top ten. Damn Piranhas. ;-)

Ben

Lance
4th February 2005, 04:08 PM
they're not out of reach; they're just a bit faster than your currently posted times.

that was a fun competition. we raced in vector and venom on Talon's Reach and Sagarmatha in TT. hm... did we ever get to Phenitia Park? i don't remember for sure, but i think it was just the first two tracks in the first two classes. maybe we should race in the top two classes as well; my times there are old and also stinky. :oops:

i'm still amazed at how equal 2097 and XL are in their racetimes potentials.

G'Kyl
4th February 2005, 04:21 PM
i'm still amazed at how equal 2097 and XL are in their racetimes potentials.

Yep, a very fortuanate circumstance. Do you feel like bringing the competition back to life? I am finally relieved of some urgent deadlined stuff, so we could just pick track and class and go. To be honest I don't care much about where to compete, I am just looking forward to some lengthy practice sessions.

Ben

Lance
4th February 2005, 05:44 PM
well, i would say go ahead and race no matter what. i just don't know if i can respond. [dunno if i'm going to be able to keep my telephone and hence internet connection]. i did just play WO3 Stanza Inter a few minutes ago [trying to find the camera view on replay that zargz was talking about, but with neGcon the replay doesn't work properly; the ship just sat at the start line and yawed back and forth], and cut 5 seconds off my old Venom Icaras TT with a Pirhana. still in fourth place, though. i'll need to use an Icaras even though more can come off my Pirhana time. too many mistakes.

anyway, i'll race you if i can; so go ahead and put up some times on whatever track you want. :)
there's a couple of Stevie's XL laptimes i should go after, too, but just haven't raced in a longish time. [ dunno if i can split my time between 2 versions of Wipeout, but i'd also sure like to get under 1:00.00 racetime on Porto Kora TT. i am sooooo close, but not quite there. currently 1:00.07]

G'Kyl
4th February 2005, 06:03 PM
dunno if i'm going to be able to keep my telephone and hence internet connection

Apart from your loss, this would be a huge one for the WOZ. I sure hope you can manage to keep your connection.

anyway, i'll race you if i can; so go ahead and put up some times on whatever track you want. :)

OK, I'll take a pick. Looking forward to beating you! *cough*

dunno if i can split my time between 2 versions of Wipeout, but i'd also sure like to get under 1:00.00 racetime on Porto Kora TT. i am sooooo close, but not quite there. currently 1:00.07]

Was it only 3SE that only counts every four thousands of a second? Anyway, I too will probably split up my time, since zargz sort of forced me to take part in his soon new-to-be stick2trax challenge. :)

Ben

Lance
4th February 2005, 06:26 PM
must be only the PAL versions of WO3 that time in .004 increments. OTOH 2097 and XL apparently time the same way as each other

2SU
7th February 2005, 12:55 AM
I set my times a couple of months ago.

Phys has taken up a lot of time atm becuase I shall *hopefully* be going into HM royl marines at the end of the month (provided I pass the selection course).

I am determined to get a sub 18 second lap using a digital controller for talon's reach. Hasn't happened yet though :'-(

Jetlag
10th February 2005, 01:47 PM
I had another go on Saturday and finally managed to get back under 20 seconds on Sargamartha (18.9), but only the once. I think I'm getting too old for this!!!!

Does everyone else use a Negcon? I've never tried one, are they any good?

PS I've put my time trial lap for Sargamartha on the records (Tim Few 4th place at 17.6), I think I will need a few months to get any where near this again.

Canj someone explain this braking on turbo pads to me, I haven't noticed any speed gain.

Tim Few aka Jetlag

G'Kyl
10th February 2005, 02:56 PM
Does everyone else use a Negcon? I've never tried one, are they any good?

According to the majority of neGcon users, they are! Most would never want to change back to D-Pad or analoge sticks once they have tried a neg. You'll get much, MUCH more precision into your steering, trust me.

Canj someone explain this braking on turbo pads to me, I haven't noticed any speed gain.

I'm anything but an expert on this one, but basically what you need to do is slightly hit an (one, not both) airbrake while going over a speed pad. Took me some practice to get it done, but it's doable. Maybe there's a more detailed description of the maneuver in the "piloting tips" thread, though I'm not sure that.

Ben