PDA

View Full Version : Playstation versus PC

Jetlag
1st February 2005, 03:42 PM
Hi all. I'm new to the site but have served my time on 2097 on the playstation. A housemate and I had a big rivalry on it and so our times are quite competitive (times to follow on the main site).

Can anyone tell me what hardware the times on the site are posted from, and wether anyone thinks that there is an advantage playing on playstation or on PC.

Also, does anyone know how to install XL on XP? It will not install on my machine at home. I think I would rather play on the PS2, but if there is an advantage to be had, I will try again to install it on my PC.

infoxicated
1st February 2005, 03:55 PM
Welcome, Jetlag.

All game times should be gained using an unmodded PS1 or PS2 - that way everyone is tied to the one processor clock speed / format and the times in the tables actually mean something.

:)

Rapier Racer
1st February 2005, 04:37 PM
The only advantage I have ever seen with games released on PS1 and PC is obviously slightly better graphics on the PC versions, smoother

G'Kyl
1st February 2005, 05:22 PM
And on the downside you have a 2097 that has no framerate limiter. I never wanted my Wipeout to be THAT smooth. ;)

Welcome to the forums, Jetlag. In order to install XL under XP try using the compatibility mode for Windows 95 or 98. That did the trick for me.

Ben