PDA

View Full Version : JPN Release date

The Boye
31st January 2005, 06:07 AM
Pre-Order at Play-Asia

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-77-3-15-wipeout-70-4lz.html

Aka-sho
1st February 2005, 11:38 PM
"WipEout Pure" Japanese official site. (http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/)

:D We love WipEout all over the world!
Aka-sho. (http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/7230/wipeout/)

Sausehuhn
2nd February 2005, 04:25 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man!!!

Look at the ships in the background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O Cool design!! Can't wait! In 12 days there will be the next update! Man, that is the feeling you have when a new WipEout is coming!! :D :P

Dimension
3rd February 2005, 03:24 AM
Whe-heeen are we gonna get the SCEE site though? That one'll have the real juicy stuff on :D

xEik
3rd February 2005, 07:28 AM
Hisashiburi, Aka-sho! (^o^)/

Do you own a PSP or are you waiting until Pure launch?
Can one already see people playing with PSPs on the streets in Japan?

rejj
3rd February 2005, 08:26 AM
Can one already see people playing with PSPs on the streets in Japan?
I'd imagine so... aren't Sony claiming that they've sold about a million of them already?

Sausehuhn
3rd February 2005, 04:13 PM
@ Aka-Sho

This is WipEout in japanese, isn't it? ワイプアウト ...I read in the booklet of 2097 that it is ワイプアウト-
What is the difference?

I'm drawing a picture at the moment, if you have any japanese frases about WipEout, please post them, maybe I would include some of them into the picture!

...I'm going off topic, sorry :roll:

rejj
4th February 2005, 09:49 AM
@ Aka-Sho

This is WipEout in japanese, isn't it? ワイプアウト ...I read in the booklet of 2097 that it is ワイプアウト-
What is the difference?
ワイプアウト is "waipuauto", while ワイプアウトー is "waipuautoo". I'd lean towards the former being correct, personally. the vowel o is appended after a final t in foreign words (since there is no kana ending in t). eg, "robert" is ロバート which is "robaato". The ー character in katakana is used for a vowel extension, and there is no need for that on the end of the conversion of the word "wipeout" into japanese.

zargz
4th February 2005, 10:15 AM
8O *impressed!!

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Sausehuhn
4th February 2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks for these information rejj.

That is bad. I wrote ワイプアウトー...
But I think nobody will say "Hey hey, man, this is wrong, wrong, wrong!!! Now the picture is the worst thing I've ever seen"

Erm.. do you know any other WipEout frases? Things like "Go faster!" or "WipEout is 04 future people". :D

Sausehuhn
6th February 2005, 05:53 PM
http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/psp/

Why there is no movie about Pure?! Every game has it's own movie, just Pure doesn't have a one :(

WipEout Pure = ワイプアウトピュア :D

Sausehuhn
14th February 2005, 02:08 PM
where is the update?

http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/

Dimension
14th February 2005, 02:22 PM
What time zone does Japan sit in, remembering that that is a japanese site, it will only likely be updated at a sane time in their time zone :)

G'Kyl
14th February 2005, 02:28 PM
Yes, but they are way ahead of CET, CST or even PST. ;)
Anyway, keep it cool all, they will bring it up soon enough for you to get hyped. ;-)

Ben

Ally Graham
14th February 2005, 02:33 PM
I seem to remember reading that WipEout Pure will launch first at the UK PSP launch, then the rest of the world

Sausehuhn
14th February 2005, 02:55 PM
no, I've read somewhere that it will be released in the USA at first :evil:
in march in the USA, april in the rest of the world.

Hey, but I'm not sure, no reason to be disappointed :?

Hellfire_WZ
14th February 2005, 03:28 PM
It's now 1:27 AM in Tokyo, Feb 15th. THEY LIED TO US!!! :evil:

Sausehuhn
14th February 2005, 03:30 PM
:evil:

Chill
14th February 2005, 03:32 PM
Anyway, keep it cool all, they will bring it up soon enough for you to get hyped. ;-)
Ben
--
Man, we're just like dogs!!!! Extremely excited and waiting at the door! :oops:

yawnstretch
14th February 2005, 04:02 PM
It's now 1:27 AM in Tokyo, Feb 15th. THEY LIED TO US!!! :evil:

Chill
14th February 2005, 04:16 PM

Dimension
14th February 2005, 04:32 PM

might as well join in

UncleZeiv
14th February 2005, 04:43 PM
:evil: me too

Mobius
14th February 2005, 05:48 PM
:( and i was actually looking forward to valentines day for once...

Salt|Ultra
14th February 2005, 05:55 PM
:cry: I wanna update... :cry:

They should make it up to us by posting a movie twice as cool as the one on www.wipeoutpure.com :wink:

Lance
14th February 2005, 07:26 PM
next time you want to know 'what time is Tokyo', look at the time zone settings on your Windows Operating System clock. if you use Windows, that is. or just remember that it's 9 hours ahead of GMT

Salt|Ultra
15th February 2005, 07:24 AM
They updated the Japanese site a bit. 4 screen shots, as far as I can tell they are new. I really like the upper right one :)

--
http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/

Shem
15th February 2005, 07:41 AM
damn! I thought they would update the site by showing the teams, maybe some in-game history, weapons, or whatever that's being NOT FOUR screen-shots of wipeoutPURE...
oh, well, I guess that's better than nothing (still not a competition to www.wipeoutpure.com )

Rapier Racer
15th February 2005, 10:21 AM
oh my goodness they really went out on a limb to update that site didn't they

yawnstretch
15th February 2005, 11:10 AM
Well at least we know why they were a bit late with the update - clearly much effort went into this 8)

Chill
15th February 2005, 03:53 PM
Wow, they seem to just be teasing us! The more I look at Wipeout Pure, the more I think I'm going to have a heart-attack waiting for it. All that waiting would then just be for nothing!! :lol:

Salt|Ultra
15th February 2005, 07:34 PM
They changed it again (quit toying with me Sony :x ), now there are 5 screenies, but they are still tiny.

Can some one tell me if #1,3 & 4 are indeed new screens?

Shem
15th February 2005, 09:23 PM
They are new screens. I can assure you.

Dimension
15th February 2005, 09:44 PM
I like the one with the simple shot of the track (the bent one), makes that section look especially cool :)

The Boye
18th February 2005, 10:38 PM
Next update on 25th.

Salt|Ultra
19th February 2005, 04:01 PM
Next update on 25th.

Let's hope there is a movie or something cool, 5 more screenies would be kind of sad.

Shem
19th February 2005, 04:07 PM
Hehe..what about 6 screenshots? 8) I think it would be swell, i could make a slideshow! :lol:

No, but seriously - I think it's time for a movie as well.

Rapier Racer
20th February 2005, 04:28 PM
If they do put a movie on, judging by their last update lets’ make bets on whether or not it would just be the same movie that’s on wipeoutpure.com, as that guy on Jurassic Park said they’ve spared no expense :roll:

Chill
20th February 2005, 07:45 PM
It'll probably be, considering there's really no words of english other that the written work. It'll save a lot of time, but I still hope for a new one!! :wink:

Lance
20th February 2005, 08:12 PM
so you're saying that the Japanese probably wouldn't care that all the words are written in English instead of in their own language. do you think that's true?

G'Kyl
20th February 2005, 11:05 PM
I actually do think so, or at least for the most part. Apart from their general affinity to everything English (or, more to the point, US American), their language consists for a large part of anlicized words, not to mention their use of latin letters.
OK, so I don't say a localised version of everything Wipeout is a useless idea. :) All I'm saying is that indeed Japanese fans surely take the English video rather than to wait for a translated release. :)

Ben

Thruster2097
20th February 2005, 11:25 PM
In the asian release of GT4 that I have, I'd have to say the text is pretty much split half and half between english and chinese. If it helps (or indeed if its appropiate) the English terms and words are used for more general, non-specific terms. The chinese text is used to explain the details.
Anyway, that's the beauty of video. It has huge emotive power irrespective of language.

The Boye
21st February 2005, 05:49 AM
The JPN versions of XL and W3 both had the same English frontend as their Western counterparts.

Chill
21st February 2005, 05:55 AM
All I'm saying is that indeed Japanese fans surely take the English video rather than to wait for a translated release. :)
Well, I don't know about others, but I wouldn't care if our video was in Japanese, it still would have the same effect on everyone (well, mabye not everyone), but for the most part. Who know's, Japenese or English could disappear into the future, or like Thruster2097 said, a mixture. :wink: