PDA

View Full Version : WO 3's AI

Rapier Racer
13th January 2005, 02:17 PM
I read an articleon WO 3 that said

" Be prepared to encounter unmerciful AI, the kind that won't think twice about placing an impenetrable 'force wall' in front of you while your going over 500 mph"

what are they on about? the CPU craft don't use force walls do they? when were you ever attacked with a force wall?

element42
13th January 2005, 02:22 PM
I've never noticed a CPU craft using a force wall.
However, I have been repeatedly forced into the pits when a CPU craft decided it's going in in front of me :x. That really is unmerciful. And bloody stupid.

Sausehuhn
13th January 2005, 05:12 PM
the oppontent do not have:

quakes
cloakes
energy drains
force walls and
plasma bolts!

Why? Don't ask me. That is a thing I don't like. In Fusion they did it the right way: every craft has the same weapons, so every craft has the same chances to win (okay, not 100%. The plasma bolt don't eliminate you if you're hidden by it)

But in the multi player mode, there the CPUs don't have the multi player weapons Fusion. I don't understand why... :roll:

The main thing is that every craft has the same weapons in Pure. We can't change an old games, but we can change the new one, so let's hope they will do so...

Rapier Racer
13th January 2005, 07:49 PM
Yep well I don't like having weapons that the other ships don't, it seems reallly unfair so I don't use any of those listed weapons as Vince McMahon would say "In the intrest of fairness..."

DuraFlex
13th January 2005, 07:53 PM
At some point I understand this. In fusion I hate it when I get hit by a quake 3 times in like 3 seconds. Still all weapons should be available to the ai, yet the more powerfull ones should be activated less frequent. This as well for the player offcourse.

Anyone allready noticed ai shooting without having flown over a weapon pad? (it shot, didnt "charge" and shot again)

MachinaWeapon45
26th January 2005, 01:09 AM
Yea, I guess that makes sense. I mean, I'd hate for the AI to learn from me and launch plasma bolts at me at the end of a race. I think maybe I'm a bit too mean, but losing is not an option at the last millisecond.

Zero [RG] [HG]
29th January 2005, 03:16 AM
LMAO
You know, for some reason, in Wipeout XL, I've seen the AI craft use mines while they had a shield on...
Crappers.

Zero [RG] [HG]
29th January 2005, 03:19 AM
I love the Piranha from Wip3out!!!!!
It rules...
Lol.
I usually win every race I do with it.