PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility

Rapier Racer
6th January 2005, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know if the 2097 PC version will work on Windows XP? XP has that compatibly wizard but it doesn’t always help surprise surprise so if anyone has any experience with it on XP please let me know

Sausehuhn
6th January 2005, 03:15 PM
Don't have the PC-Version.
But I read on Ebay that they are compatible (something like that: "Läuft auch auf XP"... ahem, in english: "Works also on XP"). So, I'm not sure if it really does, but I saw that.

Lance
6th January 2005, 04:02 PM
someone here in the forums did run 2097 on an Xp system, and it did require compatibility mode, but it worked

G'Kyl
6th January 2005, 06:06 PM
Didn't XL require a 3DFX card in order to run? If so, try running this Glide Wrapper here: http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/index.html. I know I played the game on XP only recently, so it does work - generally. ;)

Ben

Lance
6th January 2005, 06:55 PM
on 98SE and ME it can run in software ''ramp'' mode, with a big loss of graphic quality on my slow machine, or with hardware acceleration. i generally ran it with the built-in default Intel AGP board

G'Kyl
6th January 2005, 10:55 PM
Are you referring to the full game, Lance? Cause I can remember the demo having ramp emulation, whereas I didn't find it in the final release. Strange that, but it made another sell for 3DFX at the time. ;)

Lance
7th January 2005, 03:10 AM
the full game

eno
18th February 2005, 07:03 AM
First time back in 14months. yes i did get it to work on my XP system. Too bad all my systems were too damn fast for it. Even underclocking it till my system became unstable. Damn why can't someone just make a FPS limiter and I would be happy, my Wipeout fix would be filled. WipeoutXl looks great on PC and the controller I have is better then what I used to use on the PS1 and 2. Damn I hope they make a new Wipeout soon.... on a console system, not a 4inch screen.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1149&highlight=eno

mid
18th February 2005, 10:05 AM
As I've just posted in the other thread, it installs and runs on XP with the compatibility wizard, just far, far, far too fast. Run a Playstation emulator instead, is my advice.