PDA

View Full Version : Movies/update at GameSpot

Sven
6th January 2005, 02:31 PM
They have new screens, movies, and a preview for Wipeout Pure (http://www.gamespot.com//psp/driving/wipeout/index.html) over at GameSpot. There's some indications of some darker tracks like we're used to, but there are still a lot of lighter ones. Thrust trails are back too.

Enjoy!

p.s. I recommend the Gameplay Footage 3 video for a good graphical show.

Rapier Racer
6th January 2005, 03:08 PM
I wonder who that was on gameplay footage 4 they seriously can't pilot!

Sausehuhn
6th January 2005, 03:31 PM
The trackdesign looks good! But the person who's playing the game is a really bad player... he don't know airbrakes, does he?
And the sound is still not there. I don't think this hip-hop-music will be the right soundtrack (...you can find me in da club...)
The weapons and their logos are looking good, too!

Let me say this:
I WANT THIS GAME!!!

and this:

http://people.freenet.de/sausehuhn/galerie/Qirex%20WipEout%20Pure.JPG

:D

Mobius
6th January 2005, 07:37 PM
In the words of andy from little britain... "i want that one!"

i just hope i dont have to quote him again in a few months time saying....

"i don't like it..."

Sven
6th January 2005, 07:57 PM
I don't think this hip-hop-music will be the right soundtrackI think the background noise and music is the ambient noise of the CES where the vids were taken.

There's a developer interview too, and he says they're going to have original music and that they're going back to XL's style.

Dimension
7th January 2005, 12:49 AM
Looks cool, especially that track in video 3, brilliant background bits, tracks don't look too challenging though, then again the developer did mention 5 speed classes and with 12 new tracks and the classics up for grabs there'll be enough of a challenge I expect, we can but hope :)

Sausehuhn
8th January 2005, 06:42 PM
I hope in each class you will have to race the same number of laps. I like the "more-speed-more-laps-thing" in the older games, but the 3-laps-thing in Fusion is better. It would be cool if you could choose the number of laps by yourself when you've a gold medal on a track. 8)

Hey, SCEE, read this!!! :P

G'Kyl
8th January 2005, 07:14 PM
Hmm, I never liked the same-laps-for-every-class thing. I always thought it was so much cooler that when I finally had unlocked the big fun (upper leagues or classes) I would also have the chance to get sufficient time on track just to enjoy the speed. :) Then again I agree that in single race paramters such as number of laps, oponents etc. should be adjustable. Plus, I hope we will be able to choose between either continuous or lap-limited time trial. Had the latter been discussed before? Somehow I think so...

Ben

yawnstretch
8th January 2005, 11:17 PM
Oh the sweetness to finish my day's work and see those videos - wipeout pure looks like pure goodness.

BRING IT OUT DAMNIT! :D

zargz
10th January 2005, 12:24 AM
It would be cool if you could choose the number of laps by yourself when you've a gold medal on a track. 8) :idea: Or better yet :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: in MultiPlayer :!:
:idea: Also in MultiPlayer costumise weapons (turn on / off) fly 'a la wipEout' :arrow: rockets missiles mines and shield or go 'Plasma and shield'.
For me presonally would serve to ditch the Autopilot, at least when competing with real persons hopefuly from the wo zone 8)
About the plasma bolt - hope it's not That easy to hit the target with it as in wo3se rather more like 2097! :roll:

Rapier Racer
10th January 2005, 06:56 AM
Yeah I liked that plasma bolt from 2097, it was more challenging to use and looked nice and unstable

Sausehuhn
10th January 2005, 03:20 PM
plasmabolt in Pure:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/images/wipeout_pure/originals/woPure%20Screen3.jpg

JABBERJAW
10th January 2005, 06:35 PM
That video looked very, very slow(like crash team racing). Hopefully it's much faster than this, and I haven't seen pitch control yet in any video. I know you can use it in the air but haven't seen how it looks.

DuraFlex
10th January 2005, 07:21 PM
When you look at the footage in the developer interview it looks faster because the one playing doesnt crash that mucht.