PDA

View Full Version : Contest?

Hybrid Divide
8th March 2002, 03:25 AM
Just seeing if anyone knows any more about that competition for the Wip3out CD. PLEASE make it so us people in NTSC land can also participate! I know I want to win a copy!

Than-Ku everyone!
Vagrant Logic OUT
-Formerly Thantosdarkside-

infoxicated
8th March 2002, 08:32 AM
Haven't thought of one yet! :smile:

I'll put details on the main site as soon as I've come up with something.

Hybrid Divide
8th March 2002, 05:09 PM
Thanx Infox. Sorry if I seem to be testy. I'm acually having a good day! (School was canceled due to snow!) :grin:

Lance
8th March 2002, 07:05 PM
Lancelot Artificial Fur and Firestick Systems

''Intensely wanting to free people from the burdens of cold since the dawn of Time!''

(preferably for enough profit to buy a PS2)

:smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2002-03-08 20:11 ]</font>

Spaceboy Gajo
9th March 2002, 07:23 PM
Lance,

Do you have any thing for warm weather? I love the snow. It's almost spring here and it has hardly snowed!

Hyper Shadow
9th March 2002, 08:20 PM
...or anti-english weather.

That seriously does my swede. Perhaps if I use nuclear warheads to shift the Earths axis, I could move the United Kingdom closer to the equator......

Spaceboy Gajo
9th March 2002, 08:25 PM
Until Lance get's his pyramid scheme up and running, we'll have to wait until they have those weather control technologies up and running like they do during the F9000 season.

Lance
9th March 2002, 11:07 PM
as someone who absolutely hates cold, i believe that snow belongs only at the venues for winter olympics, ANd are best viewed on television from a comfortably warm location far far away.

[Lance is currently wearing only shorts and is quite comfy.]

Hyper Shadow
10th March 2002, 12:39 PM
Grrr. I have to put up with 30mph winds, sleet, rain and the occasional hailstorm for the past couple of months and it dosn't show any sign of easing up!

Add to that the fact that I think there is a draught in my student hall and I am seriously starting to get annoyed with this damn weather!!

Confusion
10th March 2002, 02:23 PM
I must agree... Up until yesterday I never really knew how far a green wheely bin could fly...

Kinda scary to skate when it's windy too.

AmigoJack
10th March 2002, 02:34 PM
wind came here up to 120km/h (strength/power/level 12) on coast and sometimes in inner cities too.

Lance
10th March 2002, 05:27 PM
i walked home from the grocery yesterday and was sweating [ while wearing only a-shirt and jeans.] i had to turn on a fan to cool off.

Florida: ''The rules are different here.''

and i'm damn glad of it!

Spaceboy Gajo
11th March 2002, 12:46 PM
I do not envy you Lance.

What about hurricane season?

Lance
11th March 2002, 03:43 PM
what about it? last time we had a really serious threat from a hurricane where i live was in 1960, and the winds from it were not as intense as the ones AmigoJack recently experienced. they did last a long time, though. i slept through most of it. my Dad woke me up when the eye passed over our house, just so i could experience the curiosity of its being suddenly calm, then having the wind crank up again from the opposite direction.

i live inland, though. if you want to live on the coast [there's at least 2000 kilometres of it!], you should be prepared to evacuate the area when a big hurricane comes along. hurricane Andrew was the last one to do any serious damage, and even though the nasty ones are rare, you never know when one of them will come along.

the scariest part of Hurricane Andrew for those of us who live in central florida was listening to a WeatherService man who was staying in a building in Miami and reported live for broadcast while the wind was blowing a sustained 175 miles per hour/280 kilometres per hour. but we got nothing like that here.

Hybrid Divide
11th March 2002, 03:43 PM
Wow! I've never seen a topic get so far off track! It starts about the contest and ends talking about the weather!?!? LOL

Vagrant Logic OUT

Spaceboy Gajo
11th March 2002, 10:16 PM
Yes Vagrant Logic, the messages have gone off track, but that's until there is a contest to talk about. I know Infoxicated has been busy.

As for Lance, thanks for the information. I learned a little bit more about hurricane season in Florida.

You love your weather I love mine!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spaceboy Gajo on 2002-03-11 23:18 ]</font>