PDA

View Full Version : Original 1995 Long Box

Hybrid Divide
28th December 2004, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm thinking about bidding on Ebay for an original longbox version of WipEout.

But I have a question.

I seem to remember there being a cardboard sleeve that went over the original case, that had the silvery art, with the drawing of the craft on the front.

But I see some that look like they have the other rendered shot in longbox form too.

Can you guys help me clear this up?

Thanks in advance!

RJ O'Connell
28th December 2004, 11:32 PM
I remember first seeing that game with the silvery cover when I rented it at the mere age of 7 (not too long ago...) and there was also the cover we're all used to seeing with Sophia at the front racing a Qirex.

So yes, there were two covers, but the silvery one is definitely a harder find.

Chill
9th January 2005, 07:38 PM
RJ O'Connell Wrote:
So yes, there were two covers, but the silvery one is definitely a harder find.

Are they harder to find? :cry: I loved that game, and case. Dammit! I should have kept the case, but I still have the disk, even though it's in very poor condition. It doesn't even work any more! :( :cry: I don't want to even think about it! However, RJ O'Connell is right my friend. If you can find the silver box :evil: , you are one of the great!!

yawnstretch
30th January 2005, 03:44 PM
I always say hang onto those wrecked cds - I managed to fix a badly scratched data cd by rubbing regular toothpaste on it with a tshirt. Browse the net - there a few ways to repair cds.

What I worry about is 15 years from now: Will there be any working cd copies of wipeout 1? Time to place a few wipeout cds in cryogenic suspension methinks... :|

piranha wiper
30th January 2005, 04:40 PM
yawnstretch, if you look after your cds (not saying you dont) then they should be fine ive had my original wo for nearly 7 years now, and it still works but some of the soundtrack doesnt work.

is the long box for the pc? if you can find one that has it, its definatley worth bidding for, but if no one has it which is probably the case seen as how old it is, then its tough look, and just bid for one without it

jospicy
31st January 2005, 09:26 PM
did WO exist for the amiga cos i found some one sellin amegia versin on e-bay?
ahh the good old days of amiga i still got an A550 :evilgrin in me room just for lemmings notin better than a classic :rock_on

piranha wiper
1st February 2005, 07:46 PM
damn right there was one for the amiga, and there was a 2097 as well, get that one matey :D

Frankie Lee
7th February 2005, 02:44 PM
I've heard that the original came with a poster designed by DR. Does anyone still have one? I bet that's fairly rare.

rstorm186
29th March 2005, 07:10 AM
how much do you think i could get for the original wipeout with its box and manual in good condition. i fear parting with it for the sole reason that it is wipeout.

Seek100
29th March 2005, 12:42 PM
Well I picked up the original wipE'out" with the silver cover art at a GAME store in Ilford for the princely sum of £4.97 so not much (though the c***s at GAME write a small mark in permanent pen on used games so you can't return it and pretend you had it from new the ****ish ****s! :evil::evil::evil:), best bet would be to put it up for auction on ebay or put it up on Amazon.

JABBERJAW
1st April 2005, 02:55 PM
I won a copy off ebay with a sleeve. It took a long time to find. You need to ask the person every time if it has the sleeve, or you'll get burned. Did the Euro version have the sleeve and does anyone have it?

BTW The sleeve art is the original PC version artwork on the big box

JABBERJAW
7th April 2005, 02:54 PM
Just put back up to find out if there was a sleeve with the original euro version?

RJ O'Connell
10th April 2005, 04:19 AM
The silver box may or may not look like this. Apologies for the direct-linking -_-
http://www.playstation.jp/products/allsoft/jacket/m/sips60003.gif

phase 2
26th April 2005, 02:08 PM
Yes I have the original silver case WITH THE SLEEVE THAT PULLS OVER THE CASE. I
just played w1p3 'out" last nite. both the silver case and pull over sleeve are sitting in my living room rite now.

forgot to mention this version was fore the playstation 1. It still encludes the directions I am from the U.S. and bought the game brand new when it was first released fore the playstation one. (The silver box looks the same as RJ O'Connell's.)

Chill
26th April 2005, 05:10 PM
Saweet!! :P Don't sell it, that's freakn' awesome. 8O And whatever you do, take good care of it. :wink:

perfecide
28th April 2005, 08:04 AM
I got the silver box as well, but I threw out the sleave long ago because I've always hated US box art. But the thing I do miss about the sleave is that didn't it have pictures of levels that weren't even in the game? I remember shots of track that had circles on them.

I always wished I had the EURO versions because the box and cd art was sooooo much better. Alas I'm happy to just play these games. And maybe someday work on them.

RJ O'Connell
11th July 2005, 04:10 PM
My recently added piece: WipeOut in the silver Tall Box!

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3852/picture760sr.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

jospicy
25th August 2005, 11:55 AM
http://home.graffiti.net/iron_fist:graffiti.net/WOZ/WO-cover.jpg
this is the cover for the PC release of WO by DIce Computer Games packaged in a DVD box