PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the Wipeout 64 love?

Axel
26th December 2004, 08:01 PM
Hi peeps I'm new here and a very big fan of wipeout. But it kinda saddens me to see there is hardly any wipeout 64 love in these forums!!!! I mean come on the game did bring some neat features to the franchise like super weapons and challanges!!! So wheres all the love at peeps?

G'Kyl
26th December 2004, 08:10 PM
I do love WO64, as do most who own it. :) The problem is not that WO64 is too bad for Wipers to love it but the platform it was released on - my guess is that too few Playstation gamers also own an N64. It had a different target audience than Sony's machine.
Anyway, what I really liked about WO64, apart from the excellent new music and new tracks, were the challenges. I know, they were in WO3, too, but 64 had them first, so some credit should be given to Midway. However, I never quite likes super weapons. I don't know - I just feel like they didn't add anything to the game. On the contrary, they made it more of a shooting game than it should have been.

Ben

Lance
26th December 2004, 08:21 PM
welcome to the forums, Axel.

i would probably like WO64, but it would be the only reason for me to acquire an N64. just not quite enough reason

Axel
26th December 2004, 08:25 PM
Well Lance if you eva get the chance to geta N64, try it out. The game is the second best in the series to me after WO3SE. I just loved the speed and I was a huge fan of the N64 controller as well :D

Lance
26th December 2004, 09:46 PM
if you ever get the chance, try a neGcon controller with the Sony consoles

Axel
26th December 2004, 09:54 PM
Thats another thing, whats so special about the Negcon controllers? What are it's features etc?

Shem
26th December 2004, 10:26 PM
Well, apart twisting them controllers they may be black or white :lol:

Hybrid Divide
27th December 2004, 11:46 AM
Definately.

WO64 deserves much more love than it gets.

G'Kyl
27th December 2004, 01:23 PM
Lance, I did get an N64 only for WO64. A second hand console is about as cheap as a neGcon these days... Anyway, I just meant to say WO64 CAN be enough reason. :)

Roger
27th December 2004, 01:34 PM
Yes, WO64 is indeed sweet. I got my copy of it before buying the actual console! My fave is the endless time trial - very meditative stuff.

Lance
27th December 2004, 01:42 PM
assuming i actually had any extra money, i would rather get the original WO for my PSX and two or three more games for my Dreamcast to broaden my gaming experience to a greater degree than buying the N64 and only one game

G'Kyl
27th December 2004, 02:26 PM
Errrm, good point, actually. I forgot YOU got a Dreamcast, whereas I have that N64 instead. Don't mention it. Please? ;)