View Full Version : mmmm...

Angryman
10th December 2004, 02:06 PM
http://www.jeuxpo.com/images/zang/wipeout.jpg

http://www.jeuxpo.com/images/zang/wipeout03.jpg

http://www.jeuxpo.com/images/zang/wipeout07.jpg

http://www.jeuxpo.com/images/zang/wipeout02.jpg
:twisted: W3o?? Prototypes??

I'm getting a wipeout fusion kinda vibe with wipeout pure... especially the first pic.
:cry: :turd :bombhead

Otherwise, it is looking great graphically.

a few more pics here?

http://www.jeuxpo.com/afficher_news-685.html[/img][/url]

Lance
10th December 2004, 02:12 PM
that track with all the warm colours [wipeout 2 and 5] looks great and the detail of the scenery is really good. :) i'd like to see thruster trails, though. any chance the game developers are going to add them? i'm really pleased with the looks of the game in general.
bloody hell. i wish i could afford a PSP!.

Mobius
10th December 2004, 02:36 PM
:? :? :? :? :) :) :) :D :D :D wooooooooooooooo! yay yay yippie kaibo yay!!

sorry, got a bit carried away there...
I love the prototype track design...
i want it!

Lance
10th December 2004, 02:47 PM
yeah, the prototype look is great; that one reminds me of LS101 on WO3, one of my favourite tracks

G'Kyl
10th December 2004, 03:39 PM
Good Lord, I never thought Pure would come out that pretty! The plain design, well, everything is just great. My only concern is that the industrial look from WO1 through 3 is most probably gone forever. This here looks a bit too much like a piece for a Nintendo target audience.

Ben

Dogg Thang
10th December 2004, 03:50 PM
I don't know, that image 3 looks a lot more WO1 or 2 than Fusion to me - which is a good thing. I think it looks astounding.

Dogg.

G'Kyl
10th December 2004, 04:00 PM
I don't know, that image 3 looks a lot more WO1 or 2 than Fusion to me - which is a good thing. I think it looks astounding.

Me too! :) It's not that I think Pure looks bad or cheap or anything. I'm just saying the choice of colors and the rounded look of ships and tracks and buildings gives it a somewhat childish feel. Especially the choice of colors is what bothers me. A little anyway. ;)

Ben

Hybrid Divide
10th December 2004, 04:36 PM
Well this certainly made my day.

It's so beautiful.... :D

Hellfire_WZ
10th December 2004, 04:50 PM
Oh.... my..... God..... 8O If that's what the finished product is like, I'm buying a PSP just for that! Even with the lower resolution, those shots look so much sweeter than PS2 graphics.

Rapier Racer
10th December 2004, 04:55 PM
Very nice pics indeed! But em see that first one? thats not an Xios on the bottom right hand corner is it?

Lance
10th December 2004, 05:00 PM
that one looks to me like a stretched longer WO3 Auricom. a good thing

stin
10th December 2004, 05:14 PM
Awesome pictures!!!!! 8O 8O I`m on favourites to get one!!!!!!

stevie :D

Mobius
10th December 2004, 05:40 PM
looking at the pictures i can tell you that:

auricom - looks like the w3 version - woo!
fiesar
pirahna
quirex
ag sys:tm
assegai - that is the mystery ship in te corner methinks

are in it

as for goteki 45 and icarus i dont know.

but i still want it!

yawnstretch
10th December 2004, 08:53 PM
OH MAN!!! What an exciting Day :))))
I KNEW the psp was gonna rock - Thank God I pre-ordered back in August - W00t!

Unfortunately I'll have to wait for wipeout pure like everyone else :(

Any videos around?

My opinion - looks bloody awesome, i agree it looks a bit high colour but thats probably a necessity for a console that will be in varying light conditions (ie outdoors) anyway with downloadable tracks, ships, music etc im sure we can get moody dark tracks too!

AGHHH WIPEOUT HEAVEN!!!!

Dimension
10th December 2004, 09:12 PM
Mint! Looks clean and refined, like the simple screen layout, works well with the look of the game. Good to see all the old favourite ships in there (bye bye Tigron, hello Qirex!) Now I want a PSP even more than I did before! Must save money! :(

*EDIT* Oooooooooh, check the power of the quake! :D

Shem
10th December 2004, 09:46 PM
okay people, this may seem a bit wierd, but...
you know how it is with graphics these days, it's supposed to be better and better with every new game....but after playing Fusion, and then comparing the graphics to Pure....
....I'm very. VERY glad that graphics are not better than in Fusion. It seems like playing 2097 again, or w3o again, but all new, and on a handheld! Wierd stuff, i tell ya, and if that was one of the goals of Pure developers (going back to the oldschool), then i must admit they did a wonderful job. Of course it's PSP spec that made Pure look the way it looks, so there's no way it was intentional, heh. Anyway, it shows the whole series in a completley new perspective. Like it was Pure's way of NOT taking part in graphics race, but to stay at a point where it's all like "okay, that's what I need, not more, not less". Yeah, say whatever you want, it's PSP spec, it's becouse PSP is one of the launch titles....I have my own thoughts on this one, just wanted to share them with you.

EDIT - where's Qirex?
EDIT2- and where's AG-Sys?.....

Colin Berry
10th December 2004, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone, I found a video !

takes a while to download, the site is slow

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/downloads/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=33331&subsectionid=1625

yawnstretch
10th December 2004, 11:11 PM
:) Was just about to post the same one - only 52% of it myself though - looks ANIMAL! DId you see the yellow missile explode!!! SWEET :D

Hey dont spose anyone could host it somewhere else? that site is damned near dead!
(I wonder why ;) )

Angryman
10th December 2004, 11:27 PM
ooops.... :oops:

yawnstretch
10th December 2004, 11:32 PM
Given everyone's obvious excitement we will excuse the posting of the developer interview... twice!

Mano
11th December 2004, 12:44 AM
Looks nice, i have to say im not too excited about the ship design tho, they seem too cartoony, i like the older (wo and xl) formula 1 aggressive style.

I have been dreaming about a worthy succesor for the WO legacy for so long.. the intro videos for original WO and WOXL should help as inspiration for the new game graphical style (this is a subjective opinion)...

Of course added gameplay features as the one they explain for the weapons are interesting, but i think the features should concentrate in speed and weapon actions variables; althought that could mean a steeper learning curve that could be fun for us, but not to most of the younger gamers.. who knows....

Lance
11th December 2004, 02:42 AM
pootle: hi, welcome to the WipeoutZone :)

xqpx
11th December 2004, 06:29 AM
Well, if the game is as good as it looks, then I'm going to buy it right away. :D Oh, and it seems like that ship in the corner is a Xios. :clap

Dimension
11th December 2004, 09:39 AM
I dunno, it's white by the looks of it, dunno a white ship, might be one of the new ones. Oh and what is that red one on the pic with the quake? i was thinking maybe pirhana but the yellow/red stripy one's obviously the pirhana 8) I'm waiting for the vid to download, dooby doo...

*EDIT* Holy crap! great, love the effects on the weapon explosions and the tracks look pretty varied and cool, an underwater track, very cool :D The ship designs don't look so bad in motion, I thought that the Qirex looked aweful in the stills but it looks pretty good in the video. Good stuff :)

*EDIT 2* Some stuff i've noticed:

About 28 seconds into the vid a turquise/yeller (FEISAR?) scrapes the left wall and boosts forwards, we have turboscraping! :D

I see them advertising something called "Horimou" 14 seconds into the vid, a new ship I'd hasten a guess :)

The tension's building and building, just when will it end!? :P

stin
11th December 2004, 10:09 AM
Absolutley awesome stuff especially the quake which are braw! but on a curious note is that Odessa Keys` track? but I could be wrong.

I`m nearly 99% certain I`m getting one :wink: :twisted:

stevie :D

Shem
11th December 2004, 11:47 AM
okay, now we're certain that AG-sys are back. There are ad's of AG-sys all over the place. Feisar's logo is cool too. "Horimou" - my bet is that it's a new team. Basicly there are 3 ships that are hard to ID. The first one looks like fully upgraded XIOS (well, sort of). The second one looks like Feisar. The third one is like Asseqai.

Sven
11th December 2004, 09:37 PM
Seeing that trailer makes me want to go pull out Wipeout 3 or XL again...This game looks so sweet.

Hybrid Divide
11th December 2004, 10:20 PM
I just downloaded the video.

Ladies and Gentlemen: WipEout as we know it has returned! :D

No questions, I am buying a PSP when it comes out here.

I'm bouncing like an idiot over here! :lol:

Thruster2097
11th December 2004, 10:23 PM
I have said it before and I am gonna say it again.
I am getting a PSP.
Dont know when or where (lik-sang is not taking orders) but I will have a PSP.

Awesome footage of the new Pure title in action. All the power and depth of W3 with the ferocity and exitement of W2097. Extremley good work, Liverpool, somebody out there must be taking notice.

:vagrant logic
You're exactly right. WipEout as we know and love it!!!!!!
COME ON THE PSP!!!!!!!!! COME ON THE PURE!!!!!!!!! :clap

Wamdue
11th December 2004, 10:57 PM
Sorry guys for disapearing again, l have been completly swamped. We're working on some really time consuming stuff at the uni right now ( making a game-trailer, not just for a completed game.. But building everything up from scratch, like a fake-game. And instead of doing a half assed job we're trying to outdo ourselfes so we can actually use it in our portfolio. ). Crunchtime will be over after next week and then I can digest all the info I have missed on these boards. Then I got to finish HL2,halo2,metroid prime2 and san andreas hehehe.. Ill be busy this xmas alrigth :) Oh and the WOW beta of course.

-

I just got linked to those screens from Penny-Arcade, rushed over here to see if you guys had spotted the screens too.

The screenshots are way beyond my expectations, I really like how crisp it looks. I have no oppinion on the ships yet. Is it just me or does some of the tracks give ya a deja vu? A picture reminded me of Stanza Inter. Another reminded me of the first track in 2097, but reversed hehe. Is TDR back? The Feisar logo and the general feel feels very WO3. Im glad AG-5y5 is back. Im sure all my questions are answered in some other thead. Ill get right to catching up with you all at the end of next week.

Prometheus
11th December 2004, 11:08 PM
woah... omg, it's just beautiful....*sheds a tear* Still a bit annoyed they took the trails out..havnt they learned anything! trails are cool...2097 had it donw to an art. Also, as far as i know, PSP doesnt have analogue stick right? D pad just doesnt control well nowadays. you cant get that floaty feeling...or at least i hope they got that in there and not the F Zero X "you're ships belly is stuck to the track and moves like it's on ice effect" (thats the technical name i give it anyway)

I mean check out the Zodiac from
www.tapwave.co.uk

its got analogue at a nice proportion and not too obtrusive.

all hail wifi wipeout!

Mano
11th December 2004, 11:28 PM
I just downloaded the video... the ships look a lot better in motion, i dont know what the stills do to them... but they dont do justice to the game in motion, its looking way better for me now.

Im eager to play this game but in faster classes than the one shown in the video, i need to see if theres a something in the same or faster class than phantom, im sure there is, but i need to be sure hehe.

Task
12th December 2004, 04:34 AM
Damn, but this is looking better all the time!

The pure vision of the original Wipeout?
The bright vibrancy and fast thrills of WOXL?
The deep gameplay and large set of tracks, ships, and game modes of WO3?
The pure visual beauty and zone mode of Fusion?

All that, PLUS 8-player action? With universally standardized hardware, controller, and game?

Good Lord, I think I wet myself.

On WOPure launch day, I'm picking up a copy. And a PSP of course, to play it with. 8 )

Same thing I did on Fusion launch day.

If you can, hold off on your buying of the PSP. Maximize your consumer input by making all your purchases on WOPure launch. If "making a good WO" = "cash income for Sony" then you can bet that we'll be seeing a lot more where this came from.

I might die of exuberance!

Thruster2097
12th December 2004, 11:26 AM
That's actually a very valid point, assuming that PurE will be a launch title when it hits europe, and assuming there will be a PurE bundle, then it is an excellent and well thought plan. Sony will sell out of PSP quickly, and preorders are going to be essential.

OMG, just been running through "Ridge Racers" for the PSP and it looks like after the travesty of R:Racing Evolution it got the same treatment as PurE and gone back to what they know. And they have created a masterpeice. 6 "discs" of soundtrack!!!! Courses from ridge, rage, RAVE!!!!!! :rock_on , type 4 and V to master all over again....

The reason I'm making a fuss over Rave Racer is that it is the first time it has been seen outside of an arcade! (well, apart from the vivanonno conversions, but they surely dont count :| ). Rave Racer is an all-time arcade classic for me. Rage Racer is an all-time PlayStation classic for me. The combination of these greats, and all the other truly notable, and excellent, installments in the series has got to make for a great game. Points deducted for lack of originality, but it just isnt necessary. If it isn't broken, dont try to fix it.

Like so much of this PSP stuff I am very exited. A genuinley good handheld that obviously does not make any graphical exceptions for the fact that it is portable.

Anyways enough raving about the PSP, this is about PurE.
And what is up with the weapon effects this time? I swear it wasnt that good even in Fusion! Subtle yet powerful touches like how the quake can pick up debris from the track and toss it everywhere.
Also noticed that there are no trails from the engines, which is a step away from tradition of current WipEouts, but to be honest I believe it would kill the current look of the game if they were included. I dont knnow if this footage is dev or beta, but it looks effin' awesome.

:mr-t " I pity the foo' who doesnt want this game. Spin me, clown!" :mr-t

infoxicated
12th December 2004, 11:43 AM
Don't know where the engine trails have gone in, folks, but they do have them. I commented a few weeks back that I thought they were a bit too long and I was told that they weren't finished tweaking with them yet, so maybe they were doing that when the video was put together.

Angryman
12th December 2004, 01:27 PM
Watching that video is such great relief.
Thank god SCEE listened and are stepping away from the fusion formula.. thank you!!
It looks spectacular, graphically and gameplay wise... this is what wipeout is all about and i have no doubt this will be a huge success.
Just out of curiosity, what is the song and artist on the film clip??
And has the music been finalised or near finalised?
Although, with the news that you can download music onto to MS, there might be the small possibility that we will be able to play our own soundtrack... CoLD SToRAGE off the Mem. Stick would be heaven.
I cant wait. :rock_on :guitarist

Sausehuhn
12th December 2004, 02:20 PM
- I haven't seen the new trailer yet, so maybe something will be wrong -

Hm... :roll:

Well, that looks good, but not as good as I thought. The design is... well... no WipEout. That's my opinion.
It doesn't look bad, but the graphic and the weapon-design (for example the shield) looks like a "we-want-action"-style, but not like WipEout. WipEout Fusion looks much, much better than Pure at the pics does :?

The really good designed speed- and weapon-pads in Fusion are gone, now they are looking just like a few points on the ground.
When this is the graphic of the finally version of Pure I think Sony did a bad job with the PSP, because they said the PSP will be like a portable PS2, but when I look at these pictures I don't think so...

You can say what you want: That's not what I've expected! Sorry...

edit:

Now I've seen the trailer, and the game looks better in this movie. We will see how Pure will be. But we have to wait :?

Thruster2097
12th December 2004, 02:35 PM
The point which makes me sigh with relief is the quality of the graphics,an the fluid motion. I had expectations of the quality being somewhere between PSOne and Tamagochi. Seriously!

It may not quite be PS2 quality, but did anyone ever really expect it to be? At least not me. At least not yet...

I am trying to speak to mr. SToRAGE about musics for the game, my guess is that he has got the contract, and feeling pretty chuffed about it, too! Would be nice to know what the audio is with that clip.... sounds good!

Sausehuhn
12th December 2004, 03:12 PM
Here you also will find the trailer. It doesn't take so much time like the other one.

>>> http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/vids_1.html?fromint=1

Thruster2097
12th December 2004, 04:10 PM
There is also lots of talk about downloadable content (craft, tracks, music, skins (?)) for PurE, is any of this confirmed?
If so, you know I would very much like to have a wipeoutzone skin, and EVERY download available.
I wonder if our fan-teams are in? mmmm, minsawki.......

Sven
12th December 2004, 08:19 PM
Also, as far as i know, PSP doesnt have analogue stick right? D pad just doesnt control well nowadays.The PSP has an analogue input.

I think it would be cool if you could draft people to get sheild energy. Not just because that should be a feature, but it would make some sense, because it would be like you absorbing the energy from their thrust trail or whatnot.

The article on IGN specifically states that they have downloadable content lined up.

*goes back to combo challenge 5 in Wipeout 3*

Rapier Racer
12th December 2004, 08:57 PM
wo wo wo, moving shadow don't have anything to do with the music do they? and that track where the ships are underwater in the dome type thing looks an awful lot like (although more graphically superior than) rollcage stage 2

Shem
12th December 2004, 09:24 PM
D pad just doesnt control well nowadays. you cant get that floaty feeling..

Dude, whaddya mean? I play Wipeout on a D pad only, and I feel the floatiness. Has it become oldschool to play on a D-pad already?

Mano
12th December 2004, 10:40 PM
There are 2 things that can make the game look better that arent too complicated to do:

1. the walls on the tracks are too much 90 degrees, they should look more diagonal, 45 degrees...otherwise its looking a bit like the death star trench run

2. more important than that, but more complicated to do: the textures, they make the game look a bit bland... more comlpex texture that shows more the materials on the game would really make the graphics better, if not possible to do to more complex textures, then make the overall look grittier to compensate.

btw. what about the game sfx??, in all the videos i found theres only music, but no sound effects... im guessing they arent done at all yet or too early in development?

i highly doubt this, but remakes of the old games with the new engine would definitely be awesome, i would love to see XL remade with this engine and graphic quality and better quality sound effects; but keeping everything else from the old stuff in there (music, tracks, atmosphere, graphic style, ships, etc.)

G'Kyl
13th December 2004, 08:44 AM
Mano, you just spelled my two biggest concerns about Pure. :)

1. the walls on the tracks are too much 90 degrees, they should look more diagonal, 45 degrees...otherwise its looking a bit like the death star trench run

And since I am a huge fan of the XL-style wall scraping, however ineffective it may be on a run for the tables, I can't see yet how this is gonna make it into Pure.

2. more important than that, but more complicated to do: the textures, they make the game look a bit bland... more comlpex texture that shows more the materials on the game would really make the graphics better, if not possible to do to more complex textures, then make the overall look grittier to compensate.

Yep, I said it a few times already: Maybe WOP will capture the general feeling from WO 1 to 3, graphically it seems to come out a lot different. To me it looks too much like a LEGO world.

btw. what about the game sfx??, in all the videos i found theres only music, but no sound effects... im guessing they arent done at all yet or too early in development?

Yep, I would assume they aren't done yet. Otherwise they could surely have put them in the video, I guess.

Don't know where the engine trails have gone in, folks, but they do have them. I commented a few weeks back that I thought they were a bit too long and I was told that they weren't finished tweaking with them yet, so maybe they were doing that when the video was put together.

OH, so YOU killed the trails! Maybe they couldn't MAKE them any shorter... ;-)

Ben

Prometheus
14th December 2004, 10:21 PM
dont get me wrong, d pad served its purpose well in the early days of wipeout, but c'mon, i doubt the wipeout pilots use a digital control system where teh longer you pressed the more you turned. It's all about degrees of control given by the stick, a slight tap in one direction and holding at a certain degree...then having the ability to adjust the turning in small increments by slowly turning the stick... all this gives a new dimension to the game and gives it its edge.

Analogue input...so it does have a stick? I've never seen it... anyone got a pic?

Rapier Racer
14th December 2004, 10:25 PM
I'm sure it does have a stick, and I'm also sure someone posted a link to pic of it here on the zone, first one to find it wins!

Dimension
14th December 2004, 10:38 PM
I personally am not a fan of the analog stick, I used it when I first started with wip3out and really didn't dig it, the playstation analog stick is just too big and clumsy, if this new one is any better it'd be cool but since all of my fastest times have been set with the D pad i can't voice any real support for it :shame

Sven
15th December 2004, 01:09 AM
Analogue input...so it does have a stick? I've never seen it... anyone got a pic?It's more of a pad/disc thing than a stick. If you want pics, just look up the PSP at any major gaming site.

infoxicated
15th December 2004, 09:25 AM
I personally am not a fan of the analog stick, I used it when I first started with wip3out and really didn't dig it, the playstation analog stick is just too big and clumsy...
You know, a lot of people say this - game reviewers included, but it all depends on the game. If you compare, say... TimeSplitters 2 to SOCOM II, then it's obvious right away that Free Radical have spent more time refining the analogue stick control. Hopefully I'm not giving away too much when I tell you that Nick Burcombe has been refining the dual shock input for Studio Liverpool's Formula One 05, and it's a total transformation - it's now so perfectly controllable, compared to the previous years and many other driving games. It feels like the car is gripping the road, and that you can precisely position the car at each and every turn, and it's such a contrast to the previous games that I'm really excited about playing the finished version.

Too often the guys who play the game all the time in development will become accustomed to slightly clumsy control with the dual shocks. How many times have we heard developers or game previewers say "it's okay once you get used to it." That's like me creating a website that you have to scroll diagonally and saying "it's okay once you get used to it!" The point is you shouldn't have to get used to something - if it feels right straight out of the box then the game is just so much more involving and rewarding at the same time.

The dual shock sticks have been sullied by poor implementation of their input, I believe - the positioning of them is ergonimically perfect - it just takes that extra effort by developers to refine their input. Sad truth is, compared to extra levels and fancy graphical effects, perfected control is hardly a feature for the back of the game box. :|

xEik
15th December 2004, 09:40 AM
...The point is you shouldn't have to get used to something - if it feels right straight out of the box...
You know you sound like a Mac user. :pc

:P

/me goes to find a good place to start camping before infoxicated starts shooting at him :guns

:lol:

infoxicated
15th December 2004, 09:45 AM
I swipe at your words with my Grand High Mousepointer of Wounding + 4!

xEik
15th December 2004, 01:28 PM
Although infoxicated despises the kind of zealot Mac user that is still too frequent, I must say that the new imac G5 is looking very interesting these days, now that I have to buy a new computer.
What brings us to the soon to be released Tiger (Mac OS 10.4 which is based on BSD, a Unix flavour) which supports natively the h.264/AVC (or MPEG4 part 10) which happens to be the video encoding standard supported by the PSP.

This is the picture:
The latest Samurai Champloo episode gets aired in Japan (Samurai Champloo is an übercool anime by Shinichiro Watanabe, other works directed by him include Cowboy Bebop and two of the Animatrix shorts: A Detective Story and Kid's Story)
Get the fansubbed episode from the net
If not already in MPEG4, rencode it during the night.
Use the USB2.0 port in the PSP to store the episode in a Memory Stick Pro Duo (256MB at least, 512MB or 1GB would be able to contain more episodes)
Watch the episode in the train while commuting the following morning.
Laugh at those who are green with envy with the gadget as well as at those who don't understant why a 24 year old person is watching what they call a cartoon and I call anime.8)

infoxicated
15th December 2004, 01:33 PM
That does sound like a good plan - if I still got the train / bus to work in the morning I'd be watching all kind of things that I don't have the time/patience for otherwise. But I don't, so I wont.

<aside>
Holey crap - he actually put the umlauts on the U in uber - he almost is a mac user! :D
</aside>

Lance
15th December 2004, 02:14 PM
on the PSX's original GT, the stick was fairly good. i used it all the time until my MadCatz went a bit dodgy, then switched to D-pad on the same controller.

and beat all my old times.
but that may have just been due to increased experience improving my skills. i'd like to give it a shot with the stick again

Dimension
15th December 2004, 03:58 PM
the problem would be, when switching back to the stick is that you've then gotta totally forget everything you've learnt about how the cars handle and relearn it again, as infox says, it never feels that same thanks to the lack of effort they put in. I always used the stick on GT2 but maybe that's why i always sucked at the (accursed) licences :|

xEik
16th December 2004, 09:04 AM
Holey crap - he actually put the umlauts on the U in uber - he almost is a mac user! :D
If you are trying to imply that I'm overly pedantic, I must tell in my defence that I already was even before I touched a computer for the first time in my life. ;)

Außerdem, Ich kann Deutsch sprechen.

infoxicated
16th December 2004, 12:10 PM
Yes... you and Vincoof were like the Princes of Pedantry back in the day. ;)

xEik
16th December 2004, 12:34 PM
I can still remember pointing to you that a few pixels in one of the options in the old Flash navigation menu didn't fade into another colour when hovering over the button. :roll:

Calling us nitpickers would have actually been an understatement. :lol:

Lance
16th December 2004, 01:06 PM
i kinda liked the old Flash menu, though it offered no functional improvement over simpler code. most of the time, though, i dislike Flash intensely; almost no one uses it well for any good purpose and it's an abominable waste of bandwidth that delays access to actual content. </rant> [sorry about not indicating the start of the rant, but these things tend to sneak up on me at non-specific times. ;) ]
also, nicht kann ich Deutsch sprechen.

G'Kyl
16th December 2004, 06:23 PM
No offence, none at all, intended, but reading you write German suddenly makes me feel a lot better about some recurring German structure in my English. ;-)

EDIT: Drat, must have deleted the rest. :| In short: Sign me in if there is a petition against the growing use of flash on the net. It's the embodyment of "design over content", and I like content! You have my sympathies for detesting flash sites when surfing at 5.x k/sec tops, Lance. I've been there...

Rapier Racer
16th December 2004, 07:03 PM
hey the Wipeout Fusion site was made using flash that was a good for it..............wasen't it?

Lance
16th December 2004, 07:29 PM
Ben, my comment in 'German' was intended as a full demonstration of my ignorance of German grammar and vocabulary.

AD, i don't agree; the flash just delayed getting to the fly-by movies and the data. it would have been semi-okay had if i had broadband instead of dial-up, but it was slow of response even while not loading more flash. even at that, it was better than almost any other flash-using site that i've seen.

have you ever tried to use your browser controls to break out of a flash-loop that has errors in it?

G'Kyl
16th December 2004, 07:33 PM
I know. Hadn't used the ironic smilie otherwise. :)

Lance
16th December 2004, 07:42 PM
then i succeeded brilliantly in my attempt to show my ignorance. this makes me very happy. :D

G'Kyl
16th December 2004, 08:19 PM
Good for you. Even though now _I_ feel depressed, being unable to show irony. But then a win-lose is better than a lose-lose. I suppose... *sob*

Lance
16th December 2004, 09:40 PM
irony is lost on someone who is coughing too much from gooey mucous due to dehydration. feel bad not, young Jedi

Rapier Racer
16th December 2004, 10:18 PM
.have you ever tried to use your browser controls to break out of a flash-loop that has errors in it?

nope and I don't like how that sounds and so hope i'll never have to, thier again, just hit back :?:

Lance
16th December 2004, 11:12 PM
'back' is one of those browser controls that tend not to work when caught in a flash error loop

Dimension
17th December 2004, 02:39 AM
you could always just close the window and start from scratch :)

G'Kyl
17th December 2004, 07:35 AM
About flash and features not working. Does anyone know why mouse gestures appear to be turned off when browsing flash sites? I am talking especially the close gesture.

By the way, Lance, have you just gotten your Star Wars box? If not then what turned you into a Jedi so suddenly? ;-)

Lance
17th December 2004, 02:12 PM
i assume [usually a mistake] that it's because you are in the midst of the flash program rather than the browser program and can only use controls that are provided by the flash code.

well, Star Wars has been a background of my consciousness since the first movie came out; it has been brought a bit more to the foreground in recent days because commercials are being run on television for the newly released [just in time for Christmas! what a coincidence!] boxed set of the first three movies

Thruster2097
19th December 2004, 12:10 AM
Someone wake me up when we start yabberin' about PurE again, will ya please? :lol: :wink:

Shem
19th December 2004, 08:11 AM
.......SO, PurE will be released on PSP........
.......(thruster wake up!) :wink:

Thruster2097
19th December 2004, 02:01 PM
I love it when topics go off-topic.
This place wouldnt be the same without it!