PDA

View Full Version : pitch control

jospicy
3rd December 2004, 08:38 AM
new wiper heard lots of tallk about being able to control nose height how?
cheers
Jo

Rapier Racer
3rd December 2004, 08:44 AM
press the up and down buttons on the controller

Frankie Lee
7th February 2005, 02:41 PM
Just started playing Wipeout and I was curious about pitch control. Does it effect cornering or just when you're jumping?

Lance
7th February 2005, 02:46 PM
it works all the time, and greatly affects cornering. sometimes altering pitch is the best/fastest way around a curve.

btw, welcome to the forums, Frankie Lee. :)

Frankie Lee
7th February 2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome (and the advice). I'm amazed that such a well featured fan site exists for this game at this stage. I just got a lend of the original Wipeout from my brother-in-law. All the talk of "Pure" made me curious to see if the game still held up. Have to say I'm loving it! Love the difficulty, but I've just ordered 2097 and 3 to compare. All I need is 3 SE but it seems to be rare (and expensive).

Lance
7th February 2005, 04:13 PM
the site is as good as it is, even at this point in the life of the games, for several reasons. one of them is the character of the site creator/ maintainer ['infoxicated'], who sets the tone for the site, and is a skilled professional web designer. another is the sheer quality of the games, which is very high, and they seem always to entertain and hold your interest because of the complex skills involved in playing them well. [don't forget to participate in the competition on the records tables, another great reason for the longevity of fan interest.] also the Wipeout series, and this forum in particular, tends to attract a more sophisticated gamefan than most games do, or at least that is my impression. another thing is that we really try hard to keep things civilised around here, and do not permit the childish flaming or egocentric bragging that destroys too many forums.

i hope you enjoy the place; it really is special, and is the best forum of any kind that i've found on the internet. i was very lucky on that day i found it in search engine results

G'Kyl
7th February 2005, 05:59 PM
All I need is 3 SE but it seems to be rare (and expensive).

Hi and welcome! About 3SE: Where do you live? Since the game is somewhat easy to get in Germany, I'd like to once more extend the offer of buying and shipping the game to those who are looking for it. I know how long it took ME to get it (which was before the Twin Pack was released), so I sympathize with all the desperation in finding a copy. ;)

Ben

Frankie Lee
7th February 2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks,G'Kyl for the offer. I may have to take you up on that, but I think I may be able to get one from Amazon by buying the Twinpack.

By the way I live in Ireland.