PDA

View Full Version : wipeout graphics and multiplayer

yeehah1
18th November 2004, 07:22 PM
18-11-04
Hey Guys, I'm new here and need some help.
I know htis has probably been hashed out before, but:

I just bought Wipeout for the PC and am thinking of getting Wipeout 2097. Wipeout, the original is kinda pixelated, it's difficult to see. Even when the res. is bumped up. Anyways to smooth it out?? I thought it would look much cooler on my "modren" computer under Win98. :(

Secondly, multiplayer. Does it exisit? I have a small network at hoem, 3 pc's of varying age and all capable of running Wipeout. They are networked. Will I be able to run a multiplayer of Wipeout? There is no option in the main menu for this. :cry:

Are there any patches available for better graphics or such? :)

And also, was multiplayer intirduced for Wipeout 2097??

Yup, multiplayer is waht I want
Liam

G'Kyl
18th November 2004, 07:46 PM
First and foremost: Welcome to the WOZ! :)

I just bought Wipeout for the PC and am thinking of getting Wipeout 2097. Wipeout, the original is kinda pixelated, it's difficult to see. Even when the res. is bumped up. Anyways to smooth it out?

I'm not sure if it works, but have you tried turning Anti Aliasing on for all programs? Assuming, of course, you have an adapter that does AA in the first place...

I thought it would look much cooler on my "modren" computer under Win98. :(

They rarely do. Mostly because a newer computer doesn't unlock a newer graphics engine. ;-)

Secondly, multiplayer. Does it exisit?

"No" for Wipeout, "maybe" for 2097. There is a patch that supposedly adds multiplayer to 2097, but it does what it should do. I've never seen it work on any of my systems. :(

Are there any patches available for better graphics or such? :)

Nope. ;) There's an 800x600 option in 2097, but that's that.

In fact, I think old-school graphics suit old-school games much better. I never liked any of the so-greatly-improved Doom engines, for instance (a certain overhaul of the entire game (engine) exluded *g*). Plus, there's more to games than graphics... :)

Ben

yeehah1
18th November 2004, 07:57 PM
where would the anti-aliasing be ?

Thanks for the reply.... it's jus tthat it is kinda difficult ot see what's going on. I knoiw that fans of European Air War managed to re-do or improve the graphics of that game once they were able to "break" the souce code. I had hoped for something similar here.

Liam

G'Kyl
18th November 2004, 08:17 PM
where would the anti-aliasing be ?

What kind of a graphics card do you have? Generally, you can turn on the AA when right klicking on your desktop, then choose Properties, klick Advanced and then the tab that has the name of your adapter on it.

Thanks for the reply.... it's jus tthat it is kinda difficult ot see what's going on. I knoiw that fans of European Air War managed to re-do or improve the graphics of that game once they were able to "break" the souce code. I had hoped for something similar here.

As far as I know, there is nothing like that for any of the PC Wipeouts, no.

Ben