PDA

View Full Version : such a sad day

Gonaka
9th November 2004, 03:01 PM
that my old 80Gb harddrive is officially dead. No more Wipeout Fusion soundtrack.

Not til I do that whole ripping process again :roll:

G'Kyl
9th November 2004, 04:20 PM
Or you could try downloading it. If you own the game, this shouldn't be a problem.

Gonaka
9th November 2004, 06:14 PM
yea i do own it, ill just have to rip it from the disc,thats how i did it before.that way ill be able to choose quality etc, plus itll prob be faster :wink:

G'Kyl
9th November 2004, 07:37 PM
Oh, alright. You sounded like ripping the music was some effort - and your smilie didn't exactely disagree with that. ;-)

Gonaka
9th November 2004, 08:38 PM
lol it justtakes more effort with fusion than normal cds ^_^ its all good tho! :lol:

Rapier Racer
9th November 2004, 09:18 PM
that my old 80Gb harddrive is officially dead.

That sounds quite disturbing, what causes that to happen? just old age?

Gonaka
9th November 2004, 10:23 PM
a small connection between an IDE pin and the hardrive broke off, so now there is a little piece of metal that lifts up when i plug it in. a litlle bit of solder would fix it,but it would have to be *really* accurate soldering otherwise the whole thing would be totally useless.

i considered drastic actions such as finding a little bit of metal to put under it so that the connection is complete but it seems very risky :?

Gonaka
10th November 2004, 10:59 PM
does anyone have any suggestions as to ways i can save my beloved 80GB harddrive?

(i know this should be in general discussions, but the thread is already here lol)

Gonaka
12th November 2004, 12:18 AM
bless the day i made an audio wipeout fusion soundtrack! ^_^ thatll save me the time of doin the whole process from scratch! *yay!*

DaMiGi63
30th November 2004, 04:39 PM
unless you know someone thats "VERY ADEPT" at soldering :wink: and has a cleanroom in his house :? ,your "beloved 80 GB Hard Drive" is Kaput and fubared out
:( ,sorry mate, thats partly the reason i'm backing up all my stuff that i have on my drives,on DVD ROMS a.s.a.p. either that or get myself a removable drive that i can just put neatly aside,in case anything happens,God forbid

fusionfrenzy
15th May 2005, 10:14 PM
How exactly do you rip the music off the DVD by the way? I shoved the disc in my comp's dvd-rw drive and all the files are in some dodgy format. Is there a program to convert them??

Mobius
24th May 2005, 06:00 PM
you need a .wad extractor i think...

or use the search button for the forums - i never knew it existed till last week.