PDA

View Full Version : Multimedia

Prometheus
27th October 2004, 09:59 PM
Hi guys
I have always been a Die hard wipeout fan and remember spending my days in secondary school playing 2097 till the tracks were burned into my tv... still enjoy wip3out :)
I would like to gather some media on the wipeout series... particularly the concept artwork done if anyone has these on all the series so far (whatever you might have)
i would also like to know if anyone managed to save the quicktime movie files from the fusion website which shows the fly by of the tracks?
the good technology preserved site doesnt have these and i remember how impressive it was.
And any other media footage or images/icon/sounds would be useful.. i thank wipeout zone for providing such great stuff in their downloads section.
The main reason is because I am doing a multimedia project on a presentation cd... and would like to make a dedication to wipeout series... the pitch is that it will be used as a promo cd for the release of Wipeout Pure... music is easy to come by (i own all the wipeout playstation games) but only have the few images and low res movies gathered from my secondary school days of wip3out...
Since i am in a team, i have to present this to my team members who also have ideas (one of which is doom 3...sigh) and the best will be picked.
thanks again

Prometheus

Sausehuhn
28th October 2004, 11:41 AM
What you need is a WipEout Fusion-File Extractor for extracting ALL files. Then you would have the Sounds and of course enough sreenshots, videos and other stuff like that. Somebody at this forum said there would be a extractor for doing that, but he didn't know where it was :? :(
Maybe you will find it in the world wide web... using google or something, good luck!

Prometheus
28th October 2004, 11:35 PM
yup got the music extractor... but the rest of the files it extarcts are PS formats, still searching viewers for this. One thing that caught my eye was a moderator called Lance. His icon looks kinda like it was concept artwork, i have an issue of Arcade magazine dating back to 1999 with wip3out review (sountrack was given). and there is this one picture of what looks like an auricom or early design of goteki, in a similar style to Lances icon.

If anyone has any of the original content from the fusion site, it'd be much appreciated. Many thanks

Lance
29th October 2004, 02:01 AM
my icon is miniaturised from a digital reproduction of original artwork by the Leeds studio for WO3. the repro was in a promo pack. a copy of this was purchased on E-Bay by our illustrious Japanese member, Aka-sho. he uploaded the contents online, i got it from there. possibly the link is still live.

you can find this link in the thirteenth post of the following thread here in the forums:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9288&highlight=#9288

yes, i could have just posted Aka-sho's link directly, but i thought you might find the discussion interesting. also, this is an example of just what sort of benefit it is to be a member of these forums. :)

Mobius
29th October 2004, 11:38 AM
the zip file is a dead link - bummer...i was getting excited too :(

Prometheus
29th October 2004, 09:12 PM
Oh My God... if i can get my hands on this.... can anyone provide a working link please... sounds great...

what the.... Thruster2097 also mentions in the above forum post about a Fusion promo disc? anyone got it available for download please?

*rubbing his hands*

Shem
30th October 2004, 08:02 AM
Lance, u were right, the discussion was interesting, but since it was mostly comments like "Thank U Aka-Sho!!!" "This is great!!!" "Oh my god!!", and the link is dead..... :cry:
Will somebody please host this file for a while?? Please, pretty please, with a cherry on top.

Roger
30th October 2004, 08:36 AM
I would if i could - can't connect to my webserver today. As soon as the connection is up, I'll sort it out for you :wink:

G'Kyl
30th October 2004, 11:04 AM
In case your server refuses to be up sometime soon, I could host the file. Just mail it to the address in my profile and I'll put it online.

Prometheus
30th October 2004, 03:38 PM
sweet! do give a shout out on these forums once its up and how to get it. This is the Wip3out promo packs yes? still curious about the fusion promo pack... anychance that will be up too? many thanks again guys, you rock!

Roger
30th October 2004, 06:54 PM
Sorted! 8) Here it is: wipeout3_promo.zip (http://www.kallman.net/misc/wipeout3_promo.zip) (11 megabytes)

Shem
30th October 2004, 08:04 PM
Weee!!!!

Thanx Roger!!! You're tha man!

Well, well, well, so that's were Manortop really is :D

Prometheus
30th October 2004, 08:58 PM
God I think I'm gonna cry.... :o this is the most beautiful pack i've seen! Yup i was dead on about the sketches. New Ship 2.jpg is the one in the Arcade magazine in 1999... but it's the only pic they have.
Wow, I heard there was a launch party at the New London Theatre back in 99 hosted by Sasha. If only i was old enough and mega rich to go :)

Thanks guys, this makes more enthusiatic about Wip3out and the series than ever.

Its a shame much of the art work and material was lost when Leeds Studio closed... I thinks its a crying shame they didn't donate it to an art house or some place so they could be displayed. After all Wipeout brought this new line of marketing/design to gaming and i dont think half the games today would be anything without the Wipeout model.

I'll add this to the collection of Wipeout research, a bit lacking on the original and 2097 but i guess promo stuff for that is imposssible to get (wow a good 7 years ago!)
Hey isnt it coming upto the 10th aniversary of Wipeout (1995 right?)

Anywho's can anyone confirm what this whole Wipeout Fusion promo pack is about? if it's as good as this i so gotta add it

Thanks a million Roger for uploading this!
If there's anything else you might have, please feel free to upload...it'll only sell my case to the other members in my team (presentation in a few weeks, decision to be made a few days after that...fingers crossed)

Roger
30th October 2004, 09:08 PM
The kudos really belongs to Aka-sho, who originally shared this great stuff with us.

More material? Well, I've got a scan (http://www.kallman.net/misc/wipeout_flyer.jpg) of a flyer for the original wipEout. There's an interesting story connected to that one, look elsewhere on the forum :P

Prometheus
31st October 2004, 02:13 AM
yeah i remember that scan, always thought the chick looked like UK radio host Sarah Cox... gonna go looking for that story.
And mega "mall" thanks (sigh) to Aka-sho... jusdging by the footage of Pure, i think Sony will redeem the mistakes made in fusion... the ship designs look like wip3out and they've gone back to the cramped tracks of wipeout 2097 but with the city scape of fusion. :)

Shem
31st October 2004, 08:20 AM
after seeing all this promo material, i can only quote Agent Smith [Burly Brawl scene - Matrix Reloaded]

"...More!!!..."

Prometheus
31st October 2004, 07:22 PM
found this in my collection... thought it'd be nice considering the posting of the original wipeout advert, not sure if it's been psted here before... those marketing folks are good

http://cityofsound.typepad.com/blog/images/wipeout.ad.jpg

Mobius
1st November 2004, 09:24 AM
they had that blown up tot he size of a double decker bus in the tube stations - just thought you lot would like to know.

Prometheus
1st November 2004, 12:53 PM
yeah i know... i remember on the way home from University how many times i read that advert waiting on the platform at Bank station.... given half the chance i would have tried to scrape that off the wall and take it home :D

Sausehuhn
10th November 2004, 03:38 PM
At first: You have to be a member of that site to have all the pics in full size, you have to pay 2€ a month (don't understand france, but there was something with paying per Visa card and "par mois" = a month [?] ). :? :roll:

But that site is THE site for getting special artworks etc. I've found in the net.
There are 110 Screenshots, 265 preview-screenshots and 106 artworks!!!!!!! 8O

Pictures I've never seen before in the internet, pics of Ships, weapons ond of cause pilots! The only thing I have to say is: WOW!

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000000904.html?alerte=1

Prometheus
10th November 2004, 08:46 PM
sweet mother of mercy... i just dont unerstand why they would make people pay to see the artwork of the game.. the game is on budget release now, they should donate this stuff to wipeoutzone or something... hold an exhibition of concept art, what wipeout might have been... that'd be interesting :)

infoxicated
11th November 2004, 09:05 AM
Its a shame much of the art work and material was lost when Leeds Studio closed... I thinks its a crying shame they didn't donate it to an art house or some place so they could be displayed.
the game is on budget release now, they should donate this stuff to wipeoutzone or something...
You'd think, wouldn't you? ;)

I'll ask if I can get permission to upload some of the Wipeout 3 stuff that was rescued from Leeds.

Lance
11th November 2004, 01:24 PM
i would dearly love to see that

Gonaka
11th November 2004, 04:34 PM
:evil: thats ticked me off that we can see those thumbnails on the gamekult site but have to PAY to see them properly?! That doesnt make much sense at all really :roll: *sigh*

G'Kyl
11th November 2004, 07:02 PM
It`s somewhat common practise, though. I guess they are just trying to make their site worthwhile, who`s gonna sue them... ;)

Ben

Lance
11th November 2004, 07:35 PM
i imagine that they're trying to make enough money to keep the site up and pay the telecom line costs

Prometheus
21st November 2004, 11:18 PM
Still, i think no site would be more fitting to hold all salvaged artwork than wipeoutzone. It could extend to early renders of the game... i remember a long time ago there being an early render of wipeout in a magazine which had some sort of spiral track going around a dome like structure standing on a tripod base. cant remember but my friend at the time said it was one of the early screens of the game.
Anyway, surely there must be some former wipeout artists out there we could contact and ask for artwork. I doubt they would want to see their work get chucked out and they should be good enough to give permission for their work to live on throug wipeoutzone.
be great i reckon!

Mobius
22nd November 2004, 01:52 PM
True - Did u'r Wipeout presentation win?

Prometheus
22nd November 2004, 11:11 PM
hiya, sorry i was meaning to update you guys in that last post. Unfortuantely no, the team member that suggested DOOM changed it to cover the entire history of Id Software which appealed to more members (can you believe some of them havnt even heard of or played wipeout!... grrr)
so the vote went toward the Id Software idea, but the amount of stuff collected has been amazing and a few members were very impressed with the graphic and style (they got copies of the game now) so i guess all is not lost.
But i want to thank all you guys that helped me in the material gathering. It really made my idea a contender, making it to the final two choices. I think it's important to keep hunting for this material, it's so rare to find and much appreciated for wipeout fans to have access to it.
there's got to be a lot more material out there.
If i get time i may post some of the stuff i found from my research onto a yahoo photo album for a while... not sure if i'd be infringing copy rights?
many thanks again and keep posting... gonna build a collection anyway :)