PDA

View Full Version : woohoo! new record!

element42
15th October 2004, 08:43 AM
Vector TT Valparaiso with Piranha lap time: 46.1! :D
(race time 1:33.8, not quite top :( )

dear GOD my thumb hurt after finally getting that, lovely little circle shape on the tip :lol: but I reckon I can go just a little faster.... and I reckon I can get the race time record as well.

next stop: venom.

G'Kyl
15th October 2004, 02:48 PM
Whow, I smell Piranha engines warming up nearby... :-) Good job on the lap time!

stin
16th October 2004, 07:07 AM
:wink:

stevie :P

stin
16th October 2004, 05:51 PM
Whow, I smell Piranha engines warming up nearby... :-) Good job on the lap time!

Spot on buddy cos I just did! :wink: but I had a few beers so I can enjoy.

stevie :hyper

element42
18th October 2004, 09:23 AM
who is this Arnaud Senand guy and how the hell am I supposed to beat 44:8? 8O
44:8!! And I really thought I was in with a chance of being at the top of a table. :cry:

[later edit...]
aha, Arnaud = Asayyeah, and I notice some previous postings about Valparaiso records (although not vector). Damn he's fast.
Right, I'll see you all in a month or so. I'm going to practice. :twisted:

element42
21st October 2004, 09:26 AM
okay, so it didn't take a month, but i've equalled Assayeahs time. yeah baby. :D
can i beat it? we'll see.
Is that you stindah who's taken the race record?

anyway, the reason for my improvement is: brake tapping. I'm sure I read in one of the threads that it only worked in rapier/phantom. Anyway, still need more practice :roll:

stin
23rd October 2004, 06:51 AM
okay, so it didn't take a month, but i've equalled Assayeahs time. yeah baby. :D
can i beat it? we'll see.
Is that you stindah who's taken the race record?

anyway, the reason for my improvement is: brake tapping. I'm sure I read in one of the threads that it only worked in rapier/phantom. Anyway, still need more practice :roll:

Yes that is me taking the race record :twisted: but after I read your first post, in my mind says "If this guy wanna play tough competition then I will do it!" also Asayyeah IS watching whoever put the new scores in any tracks even SE and Wipeout 3.

Oh!, on a side note there is a few guys who also plays neggy (Negcon) which by reputation who can breaks records compare to `D` pads. :wink:

I`m just being curious what age are you?

stevie :)

element42
27th October 2004, 11:53 AM
i've got a negcon :D
god knows i couldn't get those times without it.

i reckon i can get to Assayeahs current record 44:7; unfortunately i've just inherited a gamecube and i'm not getting much WO practice in :roll: and lets not forget GTA on friday

i'm 25. and you?

stin
27th October 2004, 03:55 PM
:oops: cough....35....cough :oops:

Now I have not been playing 2097 lately due I have been playing SE alot from the memory card had been delivered from Sweden!!! (bloody ghosts but I did beat a few of them :wink: )

stevie :D

infoxicated
27th October 2004, 04:09 PM
:oops: cough....35....cough :oops:
Note: he's not coughing due to the age - it's all the smokes! :twisted: :wink:

Lance
27th October 2004, 04:22 PM
element42, good going. equaling Arnaud is an achievement!
[btw which element is number 42, anyway? i've forgotten.]

ahem, speaking of 2097, Stevie, although i've not posted but one of my Piranha times in XL, my Piranha time for Talon's Reach Single Race Vector is 1:02.4. which is *cof* two tenths faster than yours. :)
and *sigh* eight tenths slower than Arnaud's.
which means that both of us need to sharpen up our neggie-twisting abilities. now that i've got electricity back in my house, i plan to start racing again. you still have a couple of lap times faster than mine in xl with Qirex, and *gasp, George has a Qirex racetime faster than mine somewhere in one of the classes and tracks. i must dO something!
maybe later today after i take care of other necessary dealings with yet another utility company. i've not had much sleep for 3 days and i've not raced for a longish time, but i will try to be back in competitive form soon so we can continue our 'duels'.

infox: LOL
i guess we'll leave the age-coughing to me. :)

element42
1st November 2004, 07:03 AM
element 42 = molybdenum = mo, which happens to be what everyone in the universe, bar the parents, calls me.
also, 42 = answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything. another example of the cosmos conspiring to like me. i think so, anyway... :wink:

assayeah has beaten the time again though :( i reckon i can get that extra .1 but any more than that? unlikely

Lance
1st November 2004, 10:34 AM
might have been just Douglas Adams conspiring instead of the cosmos as a whole, but that's good enough for me

element42
13th December 2004, 07:11 AM
yeah! yeah! yeah!
tt lap time: 44.6 :D :D
tt race time: 1:30.2 8O that was a shock to me!
there's definitely more in there, the lap times on that race time were 45.2, 45.0. (although i did repeat it with 45.6, 44.6). I reckon the fastest lap time can come down as far as 44.2. but that would be a non-trivial matter.
anyway, woohoo! again!

2SU
23rd December 2004, 01:22 AM
Something tells me I need to get a negCon. I don't spend much time on the slower racing Classes - Im too busy trying to beat 18 seconds on talons reach using a digital controller I lost out on an Ebay auction by ! 12p ! for one.

G'Kyl
23rd December 2004, 12:19 PM
Something tells me I need to get a negCon.

Could it be this breeze that is whispering all over this board? ;)

2SU
23rd December 2004, 11:58 PM
Quite possibly :P

Rapier Racer
24th December 2004, 12:14 PM
Something tells me I need to get a negCon. I don't spend much time on the slower racing Classes - Im too busy trying to beat 18 seconds on talons reach using a digital controller I lost out on an Ebay auction by ! 12p ! for one.

you must get yourself a NeGcon, I didn't think they were anything special untill I got one, you'll soon smash your times with one iI can tell you that!

Jetlag
21st February 2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Guys,

Finally managed to beat my Sargamartha Phantom Lap record on Saturday, and then I did it agin 3 hours later.

It now stands at 17.4 (Arnud here I come!!!)

I have entered it on the main site under4 Tim Few

lunar
21st February 2005, 03:01 PM
Well done
but you aren`t going to beat Arnaud without a negcon, methinks. :D

Dimension
21st February 2005, 07:14 PM
Argh all this rubbing it in about neGcons and here I can't get hold of one for the life of me (I don't trust Obey after my little Dexdrive incident,) sigh, I'm actually dead interested to see how much better these things actually are :?

lunar
21st February 2005, 09:08 PM
for only a quarter of the price of a dualshock, at the moment anyway, and this guy looks okay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38615&item=8171373739&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Jetlag
28th February 2005, 02:46 PM
Hi all,

I've been playing again this weekend and have now got my time down to 17.0 on sargamartha. I've also found a negcon on ebay, so hopefully I can continue to lower my times.

Wish me luck.

Asayyeah
28th February 2005, 09:56 PM
Great performance Jetlag if i consider you are playing a D-Pad. With your new Neggy you should progressivly lower your 2097' times with a quite normal adaptation time with it.

Go on fellow Wiper 16s is on your way 8)

zargz
28th February 2005, 10:15 PM
.. a quite normal adaptation time .. and what might that be ??! :roll:

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Asayyeah
1st March 2005, 12:06 PM
means the time needed to adapte yourself with a new controller. 8)
Personaly it was 1 month, i know Stevie's period was as long as mine.
And that the case of many Negwipers i know.
It's extremely rare to find someone who has tried Neg ( with enough time to use it) and not adopt it definitely :mrgreen:

Lance
1st March 2005, 12:33 PM
it may even take very little time to adapt; for myself and at least one of the other WZ members, it took only a few hours at most. i began beating my most recent D-pad records on the same day i got the neG. the neGcon just felt very natural to me; it may be that way for you, too. every person is different; it may depend on how much time you have recently spent racing with the D-pad

G'Kyl
1st March 2005, 05:17 PM
it may even take very little time to adapt [...] it may depend on how much time you have recently spent racing with the D-pad

Do you mean it's easier or harder to adapt when you haven't been playing with the D-Pad a lot? The first would definitely be true for me. I hardly ever played any WO for records until a year ago, then bought a negcon and didn't want to go back from the minute I hit the track, same as you. But then, as I said, I haven't been playing much before that.

Ben

Lance
1st March 2005, 06:27 PM
it could work either way. a lot of play with D-pad could groove you too much into that pattern that might be hard to break. on the other hand, depending on your own nature, recent heavy practice might make you hyperaware of the differences and make it easier to change behaviour

zargz
1st March 2005, 09:19 PM
I sure hope so http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/huh.gif

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam