PDA

View Full Version : No mention of WOP at Tokyo Games Show?

Dimension
30th September 2004, 03:56 PM
I've read through both Gamespot and IGN's rundown on what happened at the TGS where Sony were showing off some of their software and i can't see anything about the new wipEout :( You think it's maybe not gonna be finished in time for the release of the console? I figure if it were nearly ready it would have been there. What does anyone else make of this?

On a side note, Ridge Racer for the PSP looks pretty mint heh :D

Rapier Racer
30th September 2004, 08:05 PM
Maybe they don't want to show it because they already had a brief showing at E3, or maybe they decided to keep these goods for the release and no peaky peaky till then

Hybrid Divide
30th September 2004, 08:09 PM
I hope they show some more of it soon.

If they don't, WipEout Pure will drown in the hype from all the other games coming out for the PSP and be released under the radar to everyone but us here at WipEout Zone...
:?

Dimension
6th October 2004, 04:29 PM
I hope they show some more of it soon.

i dunno, looking at how far along it was at e3, it might have finished it by now and might not want to show off more until just before release.

If they don't, WipEout Pure will drown in the hype from all the other games coming out for the PSP and be released under the radar to everyone but us here at WipEout Zone...
:?

on that note, what, if you're buying a PSP would you buy other than WO pure? I'd like another roll cage but i dunno, been ages since they made one, might have knocked it on the head... not sure if anything otherwise in the list of games interests me so far :o

G'Kyl
6th October 2004, 05:08 PM
i dunno, looking at how far along it was at e3, it might have finished it by now and might not want to show off more until just before release.

I'd be careful with that. Refining games, beta testing, all this takes up a lot of time from working-engine-status to the finalized game. Just because Sony doesn't ant to release any info at the moment doesn't say much about WOP, I believe.

Ben

Thruster2097
12th October 2004, 09:11 PM
Even so, with the time and effort going into the production of Pure, the very least it deserves is some form of acknoledgement. But then again, those japanese do love their monkeys....

Yeah, that new ridge racer is looking fantastic!!!!!! As I've said before, I love arcadey racing games. Realistic ones (like GT) are good too, but I prefer stuff like Ridge Racer, WipEout, Outrun2, and the stuff I'm seeing for the PSP conversion is ace. Although I am a little confused,...... Are nammie making a NEW ridge racer or are they making a compilation of 1,2,3 and 4? Reason why I ask is because in the way-back-when of E3'04, they showes PSP footage on the video wall, which was a compilation of Ridge, Revolution, Rage and Type4. But if you look at the screens from TGS on ign.com, theyre showing an original (never seen before) track with RidgeRacerV graphics. What's going on??

Thruster2097
12th October 2004, 11:49 PM
heh heh heh :lol: :lol:
Time to answer my own question.
It looks like the tracks are going to be a mix of five games (RidgeRacer, RIdgeRacerRevolution, RageRacer, RidgeRacerType4 and RidgeRacerV) with the handling of RidgeRacer, and the graphical appearance of RidgeRacerV.
Try this link to look for yourself. (if you want to.... you dont have to!)
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/ridgeracer/media.html

Still cant understand why nammie never converted RaveRacer. That has to be my second best ever arcade machine ever. My first has to be Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Damn, I spent so much cash on that machine :(