PDA

View Full Version : Music extraction tool, does anyone have it?

Quickfire
21st September 2004, 11:38 PM
Hello! I have noticed that many people here have used an extraction tool to extract music and art from the Wipeout Fusion disc. I would also like to do this as well, as I like the music in Wipeout Fusion and I thought I might be able to make some wallpapers out of the game art. I am also interested in the process of extraction, for I find these things interesting.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to link me to this tool, or e-mail it to me at possibilities@deimerich.com . I would very much appreciate it. I searched this forum but could find no links to the tool. I have seen that there was one located at http://www.antibell.net/wof but that website is down.

To the mods, if this kind of thing is unacceptable, please tell me and I will close this thread :)

infoxicated
22nd September 2004, 08:38 AM
Piracy we're not so keen on, but simply extracting the most from something you've already paid for seems okay to me.

Welcome to the site. :)

G'Kyl
22nd September 2004, 10:08 AM
Welcome to these forums, Quickfire.
Try asking Sausehuhn, a user of this site, about the tool by sending him a pm. He only recently mailed me he extraced all the audio files from Fusion, so I assume he knows how to do it. :) Be sure, though, to have 1,something GB of free space on your harddisk, the extracted music comes in wav-files.

Ben

Quickfire
22nd September 2004, 06:07 PM
Piracy we're not so keen on, but simply extracting the most from something you've already paid for seems okay to me.

Welcome to the site. :)

Thanks!

Welcome to these forums, Quickfire.
Try asking Sausehuhn, a user of this site, about the tool by sending him a pm. He only recently mailed me he extraced all the audio files from Fusion, so I assume he knows how to do it. :) Be sure, though, to have 1,something GB of free space on your harddisk, the extracted music comes in wav-files.

Ben

Thank you! I will do that.

Sausehuhn
8th October 2004, 02:21 PM
- just for every one who also want this tool -

you can find it here:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~wipeout/site/wipeout_fusion/index.html

go to Music
and then Download

Thanks to WipEout Online for creating this extractor :)

PS: Is there anyone who will make an extractor for the other soundfiles of Fusion in future? :roll:

Mobius
8th October 2004, 06:04 PM
arent the sound files the same as the audio files???

if not there is another tool which can extract EVERYTHING from the disk (say bye bye to your hardrive old pc users! all the contenet is over 1.5 gb on the pc) i can't remeber where i saw it, you'll have to ask me mate mr. google - as he knows almost everyting!

Gonaka
8th October 2004, 06:41 PM
Hey ya'll! I used the extrator tool to get the audio then converted them to MP3's. ill be more than happy to share with ppl but right now i just signed onto NTL broadband, which is great and all, but my comp is totally dead so i cant access the files at home. but as soon as im online ill let u all know. oh, btw, if u want to make an audio CD, you'll have to choose your fav songs, or make 2 discs cuz u cant fit them all onto one CD! =p

DaMiGi63
9th October 2004, 03:19 AM
well Mobius,whats the name of the other tool.........?? :?

Sausehuhn
9th October 2004, 11:04 AM
The other Sound-files are .mem-files. I don't think there's a tool for extracting them, because they are PlayStation-files. :? :(
... the pics of the gallery are .mun-files and I think there aren't any tools for them, eighter.

But there are "Shockwave Flash Objects" (DATA >>> TRACKS >>> then open a folder and you will see)... maybe it's possible to open them with the shockwave-player 8O

Maybe someone will create some other extracting-tools for the other data. This would be wonderful!

DaMiGi63
9th October 2004, 12:20 PM
Sausehuhn,I downloaded the extractor and i can't seem to get it to work properly,I tried creating the folder first and using the extractor,but alll I get is a "pathway not found " window that pops up ,what am I doing wrong..?

Thanks Sausehuhn ,I have over 50% of a 60 GB HD space so,that is'nt a prob,I did read the usage guide,but it was'nt much help,your instructions were more clear, btw,your english was great :wink: :)

Sausehuhn
9th October 2004, 12:53 PM
So, I will try to discripe you how to do it the right way - but my english isn't very well, so maybe you don't understand :? I also extracted the music for a long time (one month or something), but I will try:

1. insert the Fusion DVD
2. Create a folder named "test"
3. Open the file extractor
4. In the extractor-window there are to more windows ( the first is "File WAC", the second "Extract folder")
5. Into the first window, you have to write in, where the file is you want to open (the file on the Fusion DVD)
6. Into the second window you have to write in, where the folder "test" is (D:\test\)
7. then activate the button "Extract"
8. Now the extracted files are in the "test"-folder.

So, maybe it's wrong :?

PS: read the "Usage"!!! There's help!

The extracted files are 2,09 GBs big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

edit:

If that is wrong:

1. insert the Fusion DVD
2. Create a folder named "test"
3. Copy the file "FileSys.Wac" from the DVD into the "test"-folder
4. Open the file extractor
5. In the extractor-window there are to more windows ( the first is "File WAC", the second "Extract folder")
6. Into the first window, you have to write in where the "FileSys.Wac"-file is (D:\test\FileSys.Wac)
7. Into the second window you have to write in, where the folder "test" is ( D:\test\)
8. then activate the button "Extract"
9. Now the extracted files are in the "test"-folder.

You have to try it... *lol*

Sausehuhn
9th October 2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks!! :P
And which description is the right one?

Rapier Racer
10th October 2004, 09:08 PM
Can this tool be used for other games or just fusion?

yuusen
13th October 2004, 05:54 PM

Does anyone know of a UNIX version or port of this extractor?

¥

Cormac Phelan
15th October 2004, 05:47 PM
Hi all, I'm a new to this board. Just stumbled upon this thread today, and have tried several times to get the extracted wav's to playback. Although the 2.1 gb extract just fine, I get a 'not a valid sound file' error message. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you get around it?
Cheers,
Cormac.

yuusen
16th October 2004, 06:31 PM

Hi Cormac, welcome to the W3ZF.

Have you tried converting the .wav files to .mp3?

¥

Cormac Phelan
16th October 2004, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I tried converting them to Mp3s using iTunes, mpeg suite and n-track. Pity really, it's a whopper of a soundtrack. When you extracted them, was it possible to listen to the uncompressed wavs?
Thanks, Cormac.

Gonaka
17th October 2004, 05:25 PM
hey, i used GOLDWAVE (try a google search) for the audio extraction/playback. maybe this information can be of some use :D

yuusen
17th October 2004, 07:04 PM

Cormac: tried LAME (http://lame.sourceforge.net)?

¥

Thruster2097
18th October 2004, 04:47 AM
Does anyone know of a program that can convert .str audio files from a PS2 disc? I been looking for ages and cant find any.

Cormac Phelan
18th October 2004, 11:47 AM
I have Goldwave, so gave that a try. Still no joy though, none of the pcm modes are suitable. I'll give LAME a try, thatnks for the suggestion. I suppose the alternative is to just grap the mp3s from soulseek. At least I bought the game originally...!

vh5150
3rd November 2004, 12:28 AM
http://www.ps2rippininfo.btinternet.co.uk/tools.htm Browse to Wad extractor by Zandal.

Rapier Racer
30th November 2004, 09:19 PM
aww I can't get the extractor to work I keep getting an overflow message :( :(

Glockster0
7th February 2005, 07:55 PM
Ok Now I Have The Wav's All Nineteen Now What Do I Do To Listen I've Tried Just About Every Player & About Three Different Tools Please Any & All Help Greatly Appreciated ?!?!

Gonaka
7th February 2005, 09:41 PM
hey! try downloading exact audio copy (google search will take you there, first hit) and gettin a RADUIM MP3 codec (try google again), this will let u convert the WAV files into MP3's.

the reason most players wont play the WAVS is because they are much higher quality than CD so most wont recognise the files as playable WAVs.

hope this helps =D

Glockster0
7th February 2005, 10:32 PM
Radium Didn't Help Thanks Anyway This Is Driving Me Insane !

G'Kyl
7th February 2005, 10:50 PM
Glockster0: Try opening Windows Media Player and drag the wav-file you wanna listen to into the player. This should do the trick. Have you tried double clicking the files?

the reason most players wont play the WAVS is because they are much higher quality than CD

Not quite. Firstly, the wav format in general doesn't offer better quality than CDs, and secondly, support of various formats has nothing to do with quality in the first place. :)
The problem is that many players don't accept the wav format, because...well, why is that? Anyway, all you need is either a wav plugin for your player or any version of the mentioned Windows player (which comes with every Windows version released before 2005). Which player are you using, Glockster0?

Ben

Glockster0
7th February 2005, 11:03 PM
Tring Winamp 5 And Windows Media Player 9

Rapier Racer
8th February 2005, 09:54 AM
I know it's not exactly the best but can't you play them using the sound recorder? it accepts nothing but wav files

Glockster0
8th February 2005, 09:16 PM
Well Sound Recorder Didn't Work Anyone Here Have All Nineteen Tracks & How'd You Go About Step By Step Getting Them ?

Ally Graham
15th February 2005, 02:53 PM
I extracted all the files using the tool.
It took just over 2Gb, however ziped it and it came out as about 75Mb, that is what i call zipping!

Glockster0
15th February 2005, 10:00 PM
So How'd You Get To Play Or Convert The Wavs ?

Rapier Racer
20th February 2005, 08:53 PM
why are the extracted music file sizes so large?

G'Kyl
20th February 2005, 11:07 PM
My guess is this is because they are .wav files. Unlike .mp3 or any other format, those carry all the information in their original uncompressed form. Which is why .wav is lossless but also huge. ;)

Ben

vh5150
21st February 2005, 05:30 PM
why are the extracted music file sizes so large?

They are 48kHz ps2 dvd-rom audio as opposed to 44.1Khz ps2 cd audio.

Either way they are .wavs and therefore uncompressed audio that's why they take up so much space.

You can use cool edit or sound forge to change the sample rate. Or try headac3he.

Kansas
2nd June 2005, 06:32 PM
so... does somebody have a copy of the tracks that I can DL somewhere?

Sausehuhn
2nd June 2005, 06:36 PM
lol.
if you have the game, you have the tracks as well!!!
take a look at the 1st page, you will find an instruction. :D

enough help for today :wink:
I will go offline and enjoy the evening :)

Kansas
2nd June 2005, 07:38 PM

Kansas
2nd June 2005, 07:48 PM
Wait... I see like three different extractors. Which one is best for Fusion?

Zero [RG] [HG]
3rd June 2005, 04:36 AM
G'Kyl: Same case for SWF. files right, because I extracted them to a file on my C drive and tried to send it to a friend on MSN Messenger, and oh my &%#!ing God it was huge.

Sausehuhn
3rd June 2005, 01:31 PM
Wait... I see like three different extractors. Which one is best for Fusion?

Look at my 1st post I made in this thread. I posted a link and a few post later an instruction how to use it. The extractor works well. :)

Kansas
3rd June 2005, 04:27 PM
thank you.

Seek100
23rd June 2005, 01:25 AM
Bit late coming to this thread, I succesfully extracted the contents of the DVD and got the music, I also noticed some files that appear to be the meshes of the craft, they're in a format called .MEM, does anyone know of any programs that could extract these files or convert them to a usable format like 3DSMAX or Lightwave?

An amusing thing if you look at the names of the ship meshes they're actually named by the old speed classes, vector, venom, rapier, presumably corresponding to the 0%, 25% and 50% upgraded versions but the fourth ones are called proto instead of phantom. And also there's a folder with only 1 mesh in it alongside the normal teams just labelled 'secret', possibly the zone ship?

vh5150
3rd July 2005, 11:38 PM
Does anyone know of a program that can convert .str audio files from a PS2 disc? I been looking for ages and cant find any.

Sorry about not catching this earlier but here's an answer:

www.videohelp.com look for .str to .wav or something like it.

I know TMPGEnc once had a .str decode plugin called strdecode.
Browse this site. It's in french but easy to spot.
http://sniperstef.ifrance.com/appez.htm

Shem
4th July 2005, 06:02 AM
Not quite. Firstly, the wav format in general doesn't offer better quality than CDs, and secondly, support of various formats has nothing to do with quality in the first place. :)
The problem is that many players don't accept the wav format, because...well, why is that? Anyway, all you need is either a wav plugin for your player or any version of the mentioned Windows player (which comes with every Windows version released before 2005).
Ben

Uhmm, sorry G'Kyl but i don't agree. Wav format offers the same quality as normal CD's so it's the best quality you can get uncompressed so far. Any album that you've been listening to for the last 10 years (at least) has been recorded using wav files. It's just the best you can get. And why players crash or simply just don't play .wav's? It's the size, and the bitrate which sometimes is difficult to handle.

G'Kyl
4th July 2005, 08:49 PM
Oh, I'm afraid you got me wrong, Shem. I didn't say .wav was worse than CD quality. :)

username
5th July 2005, 12:32 PM
hi ive had the extraction tool for about a month now and i still cant get it to work at all!!
i got the fusion disc and the tool and a standard computer with nothing that exiting on it.
i tried al the above ideas and everything.
can anyone help :cry: