PDA

View Full Version : 2004-09-06 : Moving Servers

infoxicated
6th September 2004, 01:51 PM
...again.

WipeoutZone will be moving to a faster, better, etc. server later this week, hopefully improving the speed of the site* and making things run a little better all-round.

Due to this, if you visit at some point and find the forums locked, then you'll probably be visiting the older version on the older server - if this should happen to you, then please be patient while all of the copies of the Big Internet Address Book** (tm) update themselves all over the world.

One thing you shouldn't do until the site has made its way from San Diego to somewhere in Europe, is make any changes to your account passwords. Helps avoid crossed wires, if you know what I mean. :)

*Regular viewers will remember this hollow promise from all of the previous times we've moved server, but this time I really, really mean it.

** also known as the Domain Name Service.

infoxicated
6th September 2004, 10:48 PM
Of course, when I said "later this week" I meant "right frickin' now - run for the hills!"

*ahem*

In an unforseen turn of events, the move happened a little sooner than expected - hopefully you haven't had to wait too long for the DNS to resolve where you live.

infoxicated
7th September 2004, 01:52 PM
If you can read this, you're viewing the site on the new server.

Welcome :)

Obviously the whole development team have been working tirelessly to test the functionality of the site after the transfer process, however, bugs may well have slipped through the net. Should you spot something that's not quite right, please PM me. (unless, of course, you spot that the PM function isn't working... in which case just post it in the Evolution Engine)