PDA

View Full Version : wierd things that i have experienced

piranha wiper
30th August 2004, 06:53 PM
since i got wo3se i went straight onto the classic league too see what it was like but then i went straight back onto the original wo and found that when i got onto silverstream in the tournament i got straight to 1st which suprised me because i usaully dont get to 1st until lap 3 if i get to 1st, does anyone think that se could have helped me in doing this?,

but there is another thing that i have seen, when playing i often see explosions like a rocket or missile, but the most wierd thing about this is that i am quite far ahead of the 2nd position pilot and the anouncer hasnt yelled a weapon 'launch' of any kind, i have seen this mainly on Terramax and sometimes on Altima VIl

G'Kyl
30th August 2004, 09:40 PM
I think it is quite possible that playing other Wipeouts improves your skills with any other WO game, since the game mechanics are for the most part the same, at least throughout 1 to 3. Personally, though, I have to be careful when switching from 2097 to 1, since I usually rely heavily on wall sliding when flying just for fun. ;)

I too remember getting confused by some strange missile carnage. Can't tell what it is though.

piranha wiper
31st August 2004, 01:14 PM
wall sliding!? such a bad thing to get into the habit of, better to have not started to do this thats why i like the original best, makes you stay away from the walls because you stil think that when you hit a wall you stop, like gran turismo go off the track and you fail, but wall scraping does make it more realistic though,

i wonder if the random explosions are a bug of some kind?

G'Kyl
31st August 2004, 01:50 PM
wall sliding!? such a bad thing to get into the habit of

But no, I always thought that was the coolest thing on earth! :)

piranha wiper
31st August 2004, 10:10 PM
G'Kyl wrote
But no, I always thought that was the coolest thing on earth! WHAT?!?!?!? if you had a nicely polished painted and well crafted ag craft would scrape the wings away? didnt think so,

3 more things one is quite funny,

1. after kicking ass on a track and getting record times and coming first, i seem to do some random acrobatic spinny turny thing after crossing the finnish line!

2. on firestar the first gap jump with a crazy ivan poster not too far from the beggining, i can fire a weapon and when passing over the gap i get another weapon, i wil show you if you dont quite understand or i havent made myself clear,

---------/__w__\-------- / \=jump, __=the floor, w=weapons pad, ---- the actual track

3, this is the funny one, i hit a fiesar probs paul jackson, but the thing is it was a missile and it was the jump on firestar (exact one above) it stopped in its tracks a turned over to show the underside of the craft and fell slowly like a falling bomb (and you can imagine the noise aswell)! i stoped as soon as i landed and looked back to see, it was wierd!

Zero [RG] [HG]
30th January 2005, 10:05 PM
Weird things happening?
I remember on Wipeout XL, I was on Phenetia Park, and near one of the jumps, there was an area on the left side that you could fall into the ground in...
Crap.

Dimension
30th January 2005, 10:22 PM
that happend to me once on P-Mar project, the disk was spinning like crazy when loading the track, probably had something to do with that :?

jospicy
31st January 2005, 09:30 PM
the only prob i'v had is the fact that i consistantly get three missiles up the rear at the end of altima on rapier and can't qualify :oops: :cry:

eLhabib
31st January 2005, 10:11 PM
the strange 'missiles' that you see exploding in front of you with no enemy behind you are probably just mines left by someone further ahead. they explode by themselves after a while...

G'Kyl
1st February 2005, 02:15 AM
they explode by themselves after a while...

Always just before you crash into them, it seems. I never quite figured that out, though. Could these be your own mines distinguishing themselves after precisely one lap? Or is it the mines from other contenders that are programmed to explode before you you reach them after a certain time after they have been armed? I only wonder because this happens ever so often

Ben

eLhabib
1st February 2005, 07:25 AM
actually, I think mines do explode after a minute or so, so they might just be your own from previous laps...

piranha wiper
1st February 2005, 07:49 PM
well depends on the track really, if it tales 1 min 45 to complete a lap, then im guessing that its from other contenders, and if its less thers about 50/50 chance that they could be yours, just remember next time you set off some mines, wher you placed then :)

Dimension
2nd February 2005, 03:35 AM
I can't imagine mines hang around that long, if so they obviously sorted it for later versions as i've never run into any of my own mines, even at PK on WO3 :|

zargz
2nd February 2005, 09:36 AM
:idea: put some mines on the track turn aroun and count the sec!
I remember reading somewhere somebody did that :D

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam