PDA

View Full Version : big bug

Sausehuhn
14th August 2004, 10:10 AM
For a few days, when I started a race with "unlimited shield", "unlimited weapons" and "fast ships" there was a very mysterious thing. I started the race and, well, I flew a very "special" flying-style ;) .After flying 3 laps and flying over the half track again and again, I flew straigt on and trough the finish. But the race didn't stop. Yes, now I was in the 4th lap. And this in the arcade-mode where you normally just fly 3 laps. After flying the 6th lap (*lol*) the craft started to fly by itself. I didn't activate the autopilot-weapon, the ship just flew around 2 laps and I wasn't able to control it. After these laps, the "autopilot" disengaged and I had to control the craft by myself again. After flying a few laps the wrong way, the computer said: "shield enery critical", but I had activate "unlimited shield" and of course, the energy didn't go away... after 14 laps (on top of the right corner there was this: "14/3") I stopped the race, because I thought that would be a race without a right finish...
Don't know what it was, but it was not normally and of course not right!

Set
14th August 2004, 05:48 PM
Awesome! What track were you on? What ship? Was it 100% modified, or otherwise? I gotta try this.

Sausehuhn
14th August 2004, 06:44 PM
I were on Folrion Height 3, the ship was 100% modified and I made it with Tigron and VanUber. But I think you can use every track and avery ship. But you have to fly very "special". Not just flying the laps. You have to going crazy with your craft, for example: fly the wrong way, crash into walls and other ships, sometimes fly over the finish when you're jumping...
But maybe the cheats are not activated, when you've entered them. Maybe they are just activated at the 2nd, the 3rd or the 4th entering. Because sometimes they do not work together... I'm not sure, but I think, at first, you have to enter "unlimited weapons", then "unlimited shield" and at last "fast ships".
You have to try it :D
... and maybe it just works in the german version. But I don't think so.

piranha wiper
16th August 2004, 08:46 AM
i cant get it to work it just plays 3 laps, i fly like a maniac coz i cant do anything else at the speed its going, how many laps did you go around backwards? maybe thats got something to do with the high lap count, it reminds me about the 'cheat' for the original where you cross the finish line backwards and earn an extra lap to get a better position, never have been able to do this like,

anyway that bug is weired :-?

Sausehuhn
16th August 2004, 11:34 AM
er... I think I flew more than 10 laps the wrong way... and I often flew OVER the finish... so I flew the first, the second and the third lap more then 3 times I think. You also have to crash into walls. If you have enough speed, you will fly through them... And I think you have to chrash into an other craft, when you're flying backwards to activate the "shield energy critical". I think it's because then you're flying backwards when you haven't activate any cheats, your ship exploud if you crash into an other ship. The same thing goes on, when you've activate the cheats, but you can't make "boom", because the unlimited-shield-cheat is activated. So the Computer thinks "Oh, he's flying the wrong way... he crashes into an other ship... now he will lose his shield energy... I will activate "shield energy critical"... but what's that?! He can't lose it..." or something like that... :D ;) ...you understand?

piranha wiper
16th August 2004, 02:03 PM
IT WORKED!!!!! i dont understand tryed to fly around the track backwards but it was florion hieghts 3 normal so i hit a wall, after a while of messing about the critical shieldwarning came up and i flew around normally then and got to lap 4 and carried on, lap 6 the autopilot thing happened then i activated an auto pilot weapon and then it turned off i was back in control and at the big jump near the end the ship took a sharp drop down and spiraled out of control i think some more experiments are need to find more stuff out, i have found some things out though:

1. going backwards gets you laped by other pilots, thus making your ship blow (if o cheats are active) because of and i quote from the official fusion site when the game was in construction "your ships energy will be depleted if your craft is laped by any pilot on the course saving you the embarassment of bein laped, afterwards a service vehicle will pick up the cockpit" thats why the energy warning noise comes on.

2. after this your engines do not work ie, no energy 'smoke' from the exhuasts is comng out.

3. all other ships cannot be destroyed after lap 3

and a last note the cheats that are to make this work need to be found out, i think that only unlimited shield cheat needs to be on because of the blowy up bit, and i was piloting a maxed out piranha so all ships can used for this bug

good detective work Sausehuhn for finding this, very peculiar

Set
16th August 2004, 07:17 PM
This is awesome!
I have some findings as well.

1. When in "autopilot" (beginning of lap 4), the view changing system becomes really quirky, and you cannot put your view in some positions (it depends on which one you start with).

2. Around lap 13, I started to overtake some ships, and my rank started going up. I was in first a few laps later. I assume I "caught up" to them (undoing my many laps of going backwards at the beginning).

3. By lap 18, other ships started dropping like flies. I was the only one on the track by lap 19.

I gave up around lap 101, when I got too bored to go on. :)

piranha wiper
16th August 2004, 09:35 PM
lap 101 hahahaha lol lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not suprised you got bored of it,

another thing aswelll with veiws, when the shield energy critical comes up the view changes to full zoom out like you were about to blow up, i guess shem was wright the game IS full of bugs

science
17th August 2004, 01:20 AM
I gave up around lap 101, when I got too bored to go on. :)

Agreed PW. That made me laugh out loud!
Set, you have endurance like noone I know to manage to go that many laps without losing interest.:)

Sausehuhn
18th August 2004, 12:35 PM
@ Set

Yes, I had the same thing. But I was the only at the track by lap 8 or 9...

Asayyeah
28th August 2004, 04:45 PM
Set, you have endurance like noone I know to manage to go that many laps without losing interest.:)

I know 2 people ( Oggob & Hellfire) who haven't lost their interest after spending more than 20 minutes on Florion height 1 in zone mode ... i may add something crucial....they don't use any cheatcodes for that performance and that's a massive performance

Set
28th August 2004, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't be worried about their level of interest after 20 minutes of zone...I'd be worried about their level of concentration! Massive performance indeed...what's the final zone for runs like that?
As far as cheat codes go, I can imagine doing long runs of zone without losing interest, because you'd be so into the race...but when you fly around at super-fast speeds with an unbreakable craft and nobody else on the course, it becomes a quest for patience instead of skill, unless you can enjoy driving like a drunken pilot....

Sausehuhn
29th August 2004, 12:00 PM
er... one zone is 10 sec. long. One minute has 60 sec. so: 1 min = 6 zones... so: 20 min = 120 zones - WHAT?!?! 120 ZONES?!?!? 8O

Lance
29th August 2004, 06:29 PM
Oggob and Hellfire went beyond zone 120 long ago. amazing

Hellfire_WZ
29th August 2004, 08:52 PM
I hit 130, Oggob hit 151. We had a bit of a rivalry going on Florion 1 for a couple of weeks and went a bit mad! :lol: I did that on May 3 2002, stood for 10 days until Oggob beat me on the 13th (my birthday, the cruel git!) Stood ever since. We had someone claim to reach 170, but the talking-out-yer-arse-o-meter hit the roof.

Mind you, it wasn't actually possible to go more than a couple of times in a row, it's pretty easy to get bored of the same track for 45 minutes! As for concentration, I wasn't actually aware of anything around me once I hit 100, I was totally fixed on the screen. That might have something to do with why my head's gone funny since... :dizzy

Lotus
29th August 2004, 09:43 PM
Forgive my ignorance, I havent played fusion yet but can someone explain briefly what zone mode is exactly??, sounds interesting.... :)

lunar
29th August 2004, 09:58 PM
you fly alone on the track, using the zone ship. You don`t have to hold thrust - the speed is set for you by the cpu. at first the speed is slow and easy - but every 10 seconds the ship gets a bit faster - which is called "moving up a zone". So you start on zone 1, and get through as many zones (units of ten seconds) as you can. Every time you hit a wall (or rock :x ) you lose shield energy. You start with thirty five units of energy. At zero your ship blows up. So death can come by thirty five small scrapes, or a couple of big hits, or anything in between. It doesn`t sound great.... but its blisteringly quick and very addictive. Your success is measured in a score, which is calculated using a pretty complicated formula, but most people just discuss their efforts in terms of the final zone reached.

Its worth buying Fusion for, if you can get it cheap. And if you have a ps2 of course.

Hellfire has written all about it on gamefaqs.

Lotus
29th August 2004, 10:59 PM
thanks a lot for that lunar!!, :clap...
yes, it sure sounds addictive...im a step closer to getting a PS2!! :wink: