PDA

View Full Version : Frequency

science
5th March 2002, 03:15 AM
This game is very, very, very fun. my grades are going to start falling because of my addiction to this game. ive been trying to rent it since the day it came out and now i finally got my grubby little paws on a copy! heres a brief explaination:

if you havent heard about it, its sort of a puzzle game. sort of. theyve taken abunch of popular electronic artists, along with some rock and hiphop, and maybe more; i havent gotten through the game yet. what you do is activate loops of music by pressing the correct buttons at the proper times in the song. you keep activating loops to keep your energy up, and of course, the more loops you activate, the more energy you get and the more points you rack up. more importantly, the better you get, the better it sounds to play the game as you activate more and more of a song. get through the song and you win.
its fairly easy to get used to, but pretty difficult to complete, and if you beat easy and normal gameplay modes, you can move on to hard, which is EXTREMELY difficult. im not sure of the replay value, but so far its been alot of fun, and you can play multiplayer with up to 4 people which is also alot of fun once everyone becomes fairly adept at the game. was that brief?
ok, enough rambling. i hope that made at least a little bit of sense. i dont know if this game is out in the uk, europe, etc., but if it is, you should definately go check it out.

AmishRobot
5th March 2002, 04:34 AM
I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I plan to get it eventually. Just need to watch my spending a bit.

There's some really good music in it, especially Curve, who rock the proverbial hizzouse. It also doesn't hurt that one of my favorite bands, Freezepop, is also in the game. One of the members of Freezepop works for the developer. He did the basic in-game music, and managed to sneak in some tracks from Freezepop and his other pseudonym, Symbion Project. If you're interested, there's a really amazing remix of Depeche Mode's I Feel Loved by Symbion Project, which you can find at mp3.com.

Ahem.. anyway, about the game. Everybody I've talked to that's played it says it's the best rhythm game out there right now, unless you count Rez, which is more of a trip toy than a game anyway. :smile:

Thruster2097
5th March 2002, 10:27 AM
As far as I know, frequency is not out in europe.
But if you really want something similar, get an old ps1 game called "beatmania". over here in the uk you can get the game, and a turntable, for £10. and the best thing is, it is a really, really great game!
Sort of PaRappa the Rappa without the silly drawings.