PDA

View Full Version : oh my sweet lord!

gucci_little_piggy
7th August 2004, 11:29 PM
i was over at a friends today and i was looking through his games when i came across the original version of wipeout, complete with booklrt and case. i was very very happy and took it home after he said i could have it. i havent played much but i must say silverstream is really really cool. one thing that puzzled me about it is that they had a season mode whereas 2097 didnt, and wip3out did. weird.

Piranha Advancements
8th August 2004, 08:56 AM
\M/ Silverstream + Cold Comfort \M/

piranha wiper
8th August 2004, 02:07 PM
i was one of the lucky ones when i bought wo original, non platinum as well, the season mode puzzlement also has a resemblence to the wo having different ppilots and then it stoped on 2097 and then started again on wf, as you say piggy wierd

G'Kyl
8th August 2004, 02:36 PM
Do you really think that's a weird thing to happen? I mean it's probably as simple as that: They tried something new in 2097/XL, which wasn't as well received as they expected (though personally I liked it), and so they changed it back. Happens all the time. :) Also, don't forget WO3 rather tries to combine a number of modes instead of resembling exactely what was in WO1. As did WO64, by the way.

Ben

Reuben
9th September 2004, 05:07 PM
i bout my copy 2nd hand in pretty bad condition but i was still happy dat i had it :D

jospicy
2nd December 2004, 09:34 AM
well happy wiper found WO for a fiver!! two long years of searching over :hyper
way too much time spent racing instead of studying :lol:

G'Kyl
2nd December 2004, 09:39 AM
way too much time spent racing instead of studying

What me? I didn't do anything! I never neglect my studies. *looks anxiously around*

OK seriously, which WO did you find? And why did you have to look for it for such a long time?

Ben

piranha wiper
2nd December 2004, 11:44 AM
if you asked about i could have got one for you, it may still be there at the shop, if any one wants it pm me and ill check for you, thers also a 2097 non platinum if any one wants it, i think that ones about 8-9 quid

Dimension
3rd December 2004, 12:41 AM
thers also a 2097 non platinum if any one wants it, i think that ones about 8-9 quid

if only I wasn't skint :brickwall

username
23rd May 2005, 07:36 PM
hi i dont mean to butt :oops: in but can you get a plasma bolt and auto-pilon on the original wipeout? :? are there any special unlockable weapons too because i remember having the manual a few years back and the symbol looked like this: +/- in a circle.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd May 2005, 11:17 PM
Not sure which one you're looking at. The closest I can find is the Revcon, which reverses your controls. The only single player weapons in the game are Shield, Mines, Rocket, Missile, Shockwave and Turbo. The +/- symbol comes from Wipeout 3, which is the Shield Drain.

Hybrid Divide
23rd May 2005, 11:24 PM
Username

The weapon you're thinking of is only used in MultiPlayer. It's called RevCon.
It reverses the other player's controls.

yawnstretch
24th May 2005, 02:17 PM
It's called RevCon.
- and fun it is too :!:

username
24th May 2005, 03:58 PM
do you have to have that funny link cable to go on 2 player cuz i just went on it and it said no other playstation found.
also can you get an auto-pilot on WO1???
:? :?

zargz
24th May 2005, 05:33 PM
no autopilot( aka autocoward ), no supership and no scratching the walls(you just stop dead) - that's why it's the hardest to beat! 8)
and that's why it's still one of my favorites!
I know some exellent wipErs that mastered both 2097 and wo3/se but still didnt beat wo" yet 8O !!!!!

the only ulockable thing is a track.
you have to beat the Rapier tournament then you get it!

yes you need the link cable.

try connect it and Then start both psx' at the Same time!

no need to tell you you need another wo" cd in the other psx as well, right? ;)

piranha wiper
25th May 2005, 12:14 PM
zargz, thats the reason why i lie it so much and secided to put a time table for it, yeah the first game is pretty basic, your craft doesnt blow up, ehich could be taken as a goood or bad thing :?

Captain Q
2nd June 2005, 02:33 PM
\M/ Silverstream + Cold Comfort \M/

Hell yeah!

zargz
2nd June 2005, 06:34 PM
zargz, thats the reason why i lie it so much and secided to put a time table for itwhere are you going to put this time table? 8O

Rapier Racer
2nd June 2005, 07:31 PM
I think this is the thread in question, oh dear I'm not so good at that version of the game

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1554

zargz
2nd June 2005, 07:52 PM
Cool! I'll have to post my time there soo! 8)
and thruster: Auricom with Anastacia Cherovoski ???!!! I can't steer that thing!! :?

Kansas
2nd June 2005, 08:25 PM
I need to find a copy of WO

piranha wiper
2nd June 2005, 09:07 PM
wow so are we gonna see more times?? :o
and i need some challenge in single race mode an read the first post in the thread cheers

Zero [RG] [HG]
3rd June 2005, 04:29 AM
Zargz, I cannot find one post of yours without one bold comment.

Why do you do that?

piranha wiper
3rd June 2005, 09:15 AM
well theres one about 8 posts up :?

zargz
3rd June 2005, 01:02 PM
[HG]]zargz, I cannot find one post of yours without one bold comment. Why do you do that? To emphasize / stress / accentuate the word in question 8)

Lance
3rd June 2005, 03:57 PM
zargz is also very playful.

i use individual capitals, muhself. quicker, easier, more efficient, and slightly more emphatic

zargz
3rd June 2005, 07:52 PM
you had me at quicker, Lance! 8)

Zero [RG] [HG]
4th June 2005, 04:45 AM
Italics pwnzor you. ^^; So. Bold. Italics. And CAPITALIZATION.

Lion
4th June 2005, 08:55 AM
I'm partial to the odd underline myself
with the odd hint of colour or change in size thrown in for good measure

on an entirely unrelated matter (back to the topic) I bought myself a second hand copy of wipeout PSX the other day and have just given it a whirl. I haven't played the original wipeout in a long time, and MAN is it ever showing it's age! :P
it has all sorts of touches that really recall for me all that 1995 was about. but compared to the later wipeouts (even it's immediate successor) it's just plain primitive...
was nice to play the since-remade tracks again in their original form. but I think this game is going to be spending most of it's life on my shelf

piranha wiper
4th June 2005, 02:06 PM
its not realy that bad. is it? :?

Lance
4th June 2005, 03:22 PM
well, it iS a bit primitive, but it has its delights

zargz
4th June 2005, 04:30 PM
but I think this game is going to be spending most of it's life on my shelf A very important question arises >>
>> Did you beat it? 8O

Lion
4th June 2005, 09:56 PM
I think I gave an impression far more negative than intended...
piranha wiper: no it's not terrible. and as lance said it has it's own charms that still make it worth playing. and I will bring it out occasionally. just I can't see myself playing it nearly as much as I play wipeout 2097 (which I have on 3 platforms) wipeout3, or wipeout pure as it just feels arkward to me. zargz: no I have not beaten it, which is why it will still be cranked out occasionally but it's going to be something that takes place over the cource of years as it's not something I feel like I will be able to sit down and plug away at after years of being spoiled by what I consider to be superior handling, design, and graphics in later titles.
there are certain parts of a few tracks that are REALLY fun to drive through in wipeout that were never captured properly in their remakes in later games... which is a pity.

zargz
4th June 2005, 11:25 PM
well, Iet me tell you this my friend:
If I have the choice between wo" or fusion I'll play wo" before fusion anytime!!
What I mean ofcource is - Everytime! :D

stin
4th June 2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah listen to zargz (which I can assure you) cos I have completed all the Wipeouts but not the original Wipeout yet! and I will prevail eventually!

My task is to completed before PSP comes!

stevie :)

Task
5th June 2005, 03:24 AM
Oh yeah, shout out to the original WO!

I've beaten them all (except Pure of course, and only because I haven't gotten a PSP yet) and while WOXL was quite the hurdle (it being my first WO, I had to build all my skills up to beat it, that probably made all the following ones a LOT easier) I have not found any victory in any WO more gratifying than beating the original.

It's just that much more of a difficult game, the final victory is that much sweeter.

Hauling that ungainly craft around the crazy hairpins of Silverstream and earning that priceless 1st place gold... Nothing else compares.

Yet. 8 )

piranha wiper
5th June 2005, 11:06 AM
lion, :cry: its too late ive already cried for a day now, nah only joking my wipeouts been on the shelf for some time due to the fact that metal gear 3 came out and i er seem to break my controllers alot(bad tempered could be this monobrow :? ) lol anyhow XDi find that silverstream is nothing compared to firestar

Zero [RG] [HG]
6th June 2005, 03:39 AM
I'm partial to the odd underline myself
with the odd hint of colour or change in size thrown in for good measure.

And also the extreme change of size by me... and the cute little tiny writing that I like to do. This of course.

Lion
6th June 2005, 05:46 AM
[HG]]And also the extreme change of size by me... and the cute little tiny writing that I like to do. This of course.I wouldn't really have called that "emphasis" as such... :P

phoenixx
8th June 2005, 08:03 PM
I need to find a copy of WO

I got one last week: Try eBay!