PDA

View Full Version : About the Damage sim

R3rr0
20th July 2004, 04:34 PM
Hi to All

In WOF, the damage sim works surely in arcade and AG league mode, but does it works even in the others like time trial and zone? :o

Good Wipin'. Out.

piranha wiper
20th July 2004, 05:53 PM
yes they do work and i can give you 1 reason for each,

Time Trial, it works here to give you a proper fell of what it would be like in a real with all the capabilities of your craft deteriating as it gets damaged,

Zone Mode, if it wasnt on then it would be easy for you to get a higher level and better pionts

R3rr0
21st July 2004, 04:02 PM
I see... Can I ask what's your preferences about it, here on the Zone?
Do you normally keep it on or off in zone mode? For now I can't notice any sensible performances change (That's why I ask for it... :) )

piranha wiper
21st July 2004, 11:07 PM
personaly i leave it on, i forget about it and dont really notice it alot because i have never raced without it, it gives it more of a realistic feel to it, like in some racng came after hitting a wall a wheel may fall off and you cant steer properly, that sort of thing makes it better in a way, makes you go in the pit more to make your ship faster or steer better, where as in the previous games you would just blow up after a while but no major defects would happen so it the racing abilities of the craft remain the same making fusion a harder game to play after so much of your health has gone down

R3rr0
22nd July 2004, 12:30 AM
You're right, piranha wiper, and that's why I always keep it on. I can't think to a race with opponents (ag league or arcade whatever... and in arcade the opponents really go...) without it.... But thinking about if it only works in some modes and can't be enabled/disabled in others. When racing in zone mode you notice even an increasing turning and breaking ability, and seems that (from my last attempt) the dmg sim works at reverse: when you hit, there's an increase of them, and of course of speed. I'm the only one who noticed that and so I'm crazy, or it's like that even for you? And there's differnce keepin' it off? Maybe it's a boring topic, but want to hear some opinions :)

Thanks and good Wipin'.

Set
22nd July 2004, 03:42 AM
In my zone mode experiences, it seems like the advancement of zones/increase in speed ushers along craft performance changes... Whatever the case, zone mode is heaven :)

Hellfire_WZ
22nd July 2004, 04:04 PM
I don't think damage to the zone craft has any effect like it does in other modes. As Set said, it is only the advancement of the zone level that has an effect on how the craft handles. While bits do blow off, I think that's just for aesthetic effect. Of course I could be wrong, but at those speeds any difference would be minimal.

Asayyeah
22nd July 2004, 08:41 PM
Hi Charlie :)
As Set said zone is heaven. A quest to reach the ultimate speed where your eyes looks like Niagara Falls :lol:
Honestly the only mode in which i ve met such addicted to adrenaline rush pilots. It was in the fusion site, a cool area where we met eachothers few years ago, but it seems times are changing : originaly most of the pilots had respect for eachothers but actually it doesn't, that's why i left it last year. I really prefer here...too many huge differences from the other one.

:oops: i think it wasn't the topic here... So my aim about Dmg sim in zone mode : i don't agree with you, to convince you do that experience : start 2 races in Florion height , in the only beginning of first race hit the walls till you arrive at 3 points of shield and end your race at only zone 30, and secondly do the same without hitting walls at the beginning ( keep your shield at max :35)and notice the very big difference in craft's handling. and it's not a visual effect.
I think when you do a normal race , you loose progressively your shield , you can't have the perception to feel decreasing your craft's handling with one or 2 points less per lap. That's why the test above with 2 races is significant. :wink:

Hellfire_WZ
23rd July 2004, 07:59 AM
*bangs head on table* I thought I was wrong. :lol: I'll have to give that a try, can't say I've ever noticed. Maybe that's a little something I can add to the guide.

Asayyeah
23rd July 2004, 01:11 PM
your guide is like a bible for those wo like to improve their skill in zone mode. You have done with Brett a enormous job. Congrats for that.
Btw i have got a french friend called Kang Shenma ( met in a french forum) who has reached recently 91 in Area 1, he is a good wiper ( not particulary humble :lol: ) but he has decided to cross the 100 's when i told him that only 5 ( may be i am wrong) people has reached that and especially 2 amazing pilots you :wink: with your 131 and Oggob with 151.
do you ever play zone or other versions of Wipeout actually ?

R3rr0
23rd July 2004, 04:01 PM
*bangs head on table* I thought I was wrong. :lol: I'll have to give that a try, can't say I've ever noticed. Maybe that's a little something I can add to the guide.

:D :D :D So it's true? Doing perfect laps seems to keep you more slow (that's come from testing in the early zone-levels, where I can focus a bit even on this matter :wink: ), but seems even that turning it on or off doesn't affect anything (but still notice a little difference... maybe suggestion? :o ). *Hellfire: I fly in cockpit mode, so I can't see my ship. Even the zone-ship deteriorate??? Still missing that, must do a zone out of the cockpit =)
I've got a personal theory even for upgrading ships in challenge mode, but that's another story... :lol:
For now thanks to all Wipers, and further opinions are welcome!

Many quakes

Hellfire_WZ
23rd July 2004, 08:40 PM
do you ever play zone or other versions of Wipeout actually ?

Yeah, I've got every Playstation Wipeout game from the original to Fusion, including WO3:SE. In fact, I've just pulled SE out to try for some times on the leagues, but let's face it, TT really isn't my strong point... :( Nice to know there's someone else who's broken the 100s though. :wink:

I fly in cockpit mode, so I can't see my ship.

:o Well, I'm impressed. There's no way I'd ever be able to do it in that view! :wink:

Asayyeah
24th July 2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah Big Respect for R3rr0, honestly i am not sure to be able to go higher than 30 with that view.

Hellfire : i am playing SE classics especially Terramax battling for top positions but it's extremely hard not to bottom out in this track in particular through Phantom class.
I am happy to see that few members like you pull Se out doing their best in that great game which i rank number 2 behind the famous 2097. :)

piranha wiper
25th July 2004, 08:15 PM
Old asayyeah wrote
Yeah Big Respect for R3rr0, honestly i am not sure to be able to go higher than 30 with that view.

its easy (not at the beginning nothings easy at the start of anything) its all about practice though, any way much respect to you old asa i cant stand anything out side of the cockpit its always clang here and clang there

R3rr0
26th July 2004, 11:06 PM
Hi and thanks a lot but... no such respect for me since i'm a cadet at zone... :oops: But I'm still workin' on it! :wink:
Honestly, I always think that is the funniest and most of all the more realistic way to fly: trajectory are more clearly visible, and more "sense" of the ship... As piranha wiper said, when out of cockpit is always a crashy thingy... But givin' a chance for zone, really seems slower out of the cockpit :lol:
More 'bout dmg sim are wellcome!

- Goin' to sleep dreamin' of fat cats...-

piranha wiper
28th July 2004, 08:30 PM
theres plenty of respect for anyone who plays wipeout good or bad.

the damage makes it seem the game has been thought out a bit more to try and make it seem more realistic, like on the original, fire as many weapons as you like at an opponent and no physical damage occurs then 2097 came along and showed us that they can blow up,(the phrase 'they dont make em like they used to seems apropriate here), i hope this feature will be in pure and future releases