PDA

View Full Version : bugs in 3 PAL

element42
14th July 2004, 09:04 AM
I've just got a copy of 3 (I already had the SE) and i've noticed an odd bug, i wondered if anyone else got it: when i load a game after turning the ps on, it sometimes reverts to the default negcon button config (not twist!) and the default player name (ie player1). not exactly life threatening but very annoying. :evil: can it be fixed?

also, does anyone know why the PAL version is wip3out and NTSC is wipeout 3?

xEik
14th July 2004, 09:42 AM
Default name after restart has always been there in WO3. I suppose they improved the behaviour for SE. I don't think you can fix it.

Wip3out is harder to understand, as it was WO2097 which was changed to WOXL. Marketroids consider that names like the European ones decrease sales in the US because they are confusing. :roll:
See the fifth paragraph in this post. http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6238#6238

element42
14th July 2004, 10:02 AM
hmm.

thanks. :D

science
14th July 2004, 04:23 PM
can't be fixed. NTSC version does the same thing. Best thing to do is go into the button configuration *before* you race. The config will be what you saved it as. Simply change one button (you don't actually have to change it, just select it and make it the same button again) then go confirm it. Do the same thing with the default names. That should do the trick ;)

Lance
14th July 2004, 06:49 PM
that happens on any controller configuration on the NTSC version. what works for me once the game has been loaded is for Sony type controllers, to click on controller set-up, then click the exit button; and for neGcon, i have to click controller set-up, then click button config, then i select 'accelerate' and press the 'B' button and my config is restored as it switches 'B' for 'II'. then press 'exit' and you're done because the twist setting seems to stay the same

element42
20th July 2004, 08:51 AM
cheers, that works. :)
although it is annoying having to load, then go through config menus before playing... 3SE is sooo much better .