PDA

View Full Version : stop the track

jmoid
3rd March 2002, 05:37 PM
http://www.stopthetrack.co.uk/
this is a bit of a giggle, i guess the non-uk people might not have seen it...

infoxicated
3rd March 2002, 06:33 PM
It's a bit tragic, actually, as we were meant to be having a "Save the Track" campaign on WipeoutZone to win a copy of the game. Sadly copies to give away weren't forthcoming in time for the launch of the game, so it was too late in the day to do anything.

Pity, I thought an anti-anti-campaign was quite clever! :smile:

Confusion
3rd March 2002, 09:19 PM
Oh man... I wish they did include that track. Looks too damned good! Oh and doesn't that track appear in the advert?

science
5th March 2002, 03:02 AM
i love it! where did this come from??

jmoid
5th March 2002, 05:06 PM
hehe, it's from an advert in the UK videogame press at the moment.

pity about the competition, that would have been cool!

i've yet to see the TV ad :sad:

Confusion
5th March 2002, 06:41 PM
Channel 4 seem to like showing it at around 6pm or 7 pm.

jmoid
6th March 2002, 12:49 PM
thanks 4 the tip mate, i'll keep an eye out for that :smile:

yes, i'm a sad obsessive, i know...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jmoid on 2002-03-06 13:49 ]</font>

Confusion
6th March 2002, 02:52 PM
No problem... be warned... the japanese bloke bears an uncanny resemblence to one of the guys off Banzai...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Confusion on 2002-03-06 15:53 ]</font>

Hyper Shadow
6th March 2002, 04:25 PM
"This is an AG craft..."
Looks like a Piranha....Does that mean WipEout ships actually exist........or do they only exist in 'the third place'??

Confusion
6th March 2002, 04:57 PM
It is a Piranha! And what a sight to behold! You did see the "STOP THE TRACK" course in the advert didn't you?

PS: Non relevent but I set a new race time... :smile:

Hyper Shadow
6th March 2002, 07:45 PM
Eh? Where about??
I didn't see the 'Stop the track' track in that advert.
Or I did and I wasn't paying close attention.

Confusion
7th March 2002, 03:27 PM
Watch closely. When the guys starts yapping they will pan across the Stop The Track course for a few seconds before cutting into a picture of a ship bombing it on Florian Height 3.

It's the course with the big loop. :smile:

Hyper Shadow
8th March 2002, 12:30 PM
The dodgy blue computer screen with the white track? I thought that was Florion Heights :???:

Confusion
8th March 2002, 02:43 PM
Nah... you can see water underneath it and the bridge going through. I'm so sure of it.

Hyper Shadow
8th March 2002, 04:45 PM
I'll be watching a lot of Channel 4 tonight, what with Black Books, Jackass and Thumb Bandits on to say the least. So i'll keep an eye out for it and pay attention to it this time.

Thruster2097
18th March 2002, 09:09 AM
if you havent seen it now, chances are you will never see it again. SCE will be concentrating on metal gear solid 2 and Platinum PS2 range now.
The track in the advert started with the "stop the track" track around london, and then cuts to FMV's of Mandarashee 3, and then Florian 1.

:foxy, seing as you are working at sony an' all, could you see about getting that advert converted to mpeg and puting it on the zone?

Confusion
18th March 2002, 03:47 PM
I swear it's the Save the track one... me and a couple of mates were commenting on the loop going around London Bridge! Or is it Tower Bridge? I never can remember the name of that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Confusion on 2002-03-18 16:47 ]</font>

Thruster2097
19th March 2002, 08:36 AM
thats tower bridge.
I am just trying to figure out what direction that camera was pointing in.
If that camera is facing easterly, then you could probably zoom in a million times into the background and see my house!! cool or what!

Lance
19th March 2002, 04:47 PM
can you see it from satellite survey photos?

i found my house on one of the internet map/travel direction services. i could recognise it easily even though it's viewed from directly above.

Thruster2097
22nd March 2002, 03:56 PM
unfourtanetley not.
I tried from multimap.com, and it just about covers the river thames.... but any further south than that is not covered.

Legend has it that on multimap.com, there is a "map" picture of a load of people sunbathing totally naked in somebody's back garden. needless to say, we had a competition at work to try and find said garden... but we all failed.