PDA

View Full Version : WipeoutZone Merchandise?

infoxicated
3rd March 2002, 04:42 PM
Here's a question:

In the future, if they could make genetically engineered pets of any color/combination, what would you get?

I'd get a blue Labratabby - a cat/dog combination which we'll call a Cog for the sake of argument. It would be really cool - it would take itself for walks and you'd only need to let it back in when it "meorked" at the door. Not sure what I'd call it, though.

Here's a better question: if there was WipeoutZone merchandise available, would the pilots here be interested in buying any?

We're talking t-shirts and patches here. I have a company lined up that could produce the patches pretty cheaply (my girlfriend used to work there). They wouldn't cost the end customer more than around £2.50/$4.00 - I'm not sure how expensive you find that? I think it's quite reasonable.

The patches could be up to about 10cm wide and would be big enough to place on the front of a hat/jacket/whatever (big enough to cover a crappy Kappa logo anyway :wink:)

They would be in the form of a logo saying something to the effect of "Team WipeoutZone". The t-shirts could also come with this patch or other designs, falling at usual t-shirt prices.

What do you think?

Worth doing or cheesy and un-necessary?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: infoxicated on 2002-03-03 17:43 ]</font>

jmoid
3rd March 2002, 05:40 PM
yep, worth doing, defo.

i'd have a part-ferret, part-tarantula, black with orange trim.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jmoid on 2002-03-03 18:40 ]</font>

Bob Todd
3rd March 2002, 05:58 PM
I'd buy some patches, definitely. How do-able would wallets be? I'm tired of my one with pink butterflies on it. :smile:

I'd have a midnight-blue Indonesian fruit-bat with silver stripes. And with the syrynx (sp) of a parrot so I could teach it to say 'bugger off!' to the Avon lady.

infoxicated
3rd March 2002, 06:35 PM
Wallets could be do-able. As much as anything else, probably. I just need to get a feel for the interest levels first.

(I'm also begining to regret going off on one at the start of that post!;))

Confusion
3rd March 2002, 09:10 PM
Would Wipeout Zone be able to include stuff that said EG-r or something similar on it (inlcuding the Wipeout zone label obviously)?

Wamdue
3rd March 2002, 09:28 PM
Oh please make some of those patches foxie, Id want one or two! one for my bag and one for a hoodie :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wamdue on 2002-03-03 22:29 ]</font>

AmishRobot
3rd March 2002, 09:35 PM
I'd definitely be interested, but it would depend a lot on what the designs were like. I'm guessing you won't be able to use any of DR or GT's work, but would it just be the words "WipeoutZone"?

What I want more than anything else though, is anything with Daniel Chang's logo from W'O"1. I've actually been considering getting a tattoo of that logo for a long time!

Wamdue
3rd March 2002, 10:13 PM
you too?!

Heh, i remember I made a daniel chang path in 6th grade in school.

Thantosdarkside
4th March 2002, 04:16 AM
Acually, I've got a much more outlandish idea in mind. As soon as I get a car worthy of it. It's going to get a complete FEISAR paintjob.

The logo would go where the gas cap is on both sides of the car. Lisence plate would read FEISAR. and in blue letters down the yellow hood would read FEISAR. If I ever get it done. I'll be sure to take pictures for you guys.

But yeah, I'd buy patches! Good idea Foxie!

Thantosdarkside OUT

infoxicated
4th March 2002, 10:05 AM
Seeing how protective DR are of their work (and not being the biggest fan of it :wink:), I doubt it would be possible to use any of their older stuff on any merchandise for this place.

It would simply have to be a logo saying "Team WipeoutZone" or suchlike. Haven't decided on anything yet, as I said, I'm just trying to gauge interest :smile:

Hyper Shadow
4th March 2002, 10:10 AM
Yeah, cool! Merchandise, I'm all for corporate identification being sold onto the consumer!

AmigoJack
4th March 2002, 11:34 AM
merchant? yes - y not. would it be "only" patches or whole t-shirts?

and btw: can we give you some suggestions on how "wipeoutzone" should look like on it?

v.cool idea :grin:

infoxicated
4th March 2002, 12:30 PM
As long as it's not a small yellow square with DR text on it! :wink:

AmishRobot
4th March 2002, 03:23 PM
How about a six-inch wide Kappa logo with "WipeoutZone" in 10 point font in the corner? :wink:

Wamdue
4th March 2002, 03:49 PM
/me smells a good foundation for a t-shirt design competition

Bob Todd
4th March 2002, 04:44 PM
Competition?! WHERE?! *runs round in circles squeaking happily*

Do a competition, Foxxy, it'll be great!

Lance
4th March 2002, 04:58 PM
On 2002-03-04 11:10, Hyper Shadow wrote:
Yeah, cool! Merchandise, I'm all for corporate identification being sold onto the consumer!

LOL
yeah, the irony of the way that happens in real life, huh? shouldn't they be paying us to be an advert? i never wore the designer stuff even when i could afford to.

i think the wipeoutzone patches are a good idea; there probably are enough zone members who are interested in this to make it worthwhile.

AmigoJack
4th March 2002, 06:33 PM
hehe

no yellow
no d.r.letters
no square
no 10point font on 30ha background

I SWEAR!!!

Wamdue
4th March 2002, 08:30 PM
anna? back from NY now? how was it?

science
5th March 2002, 02:45 AM
merchandise. yesss. good. anything, i will buy it. i am a good consumer.

FoxZero
5th March 2002, 01:51 PM
patches are cool, as long as you use a good font and color scheme for the Team WipeoutZone.. do i have any ideas? of course! why not have game-based palette? for example:

wipeout - black text/orange background
wipeout xl - black text/blue background
wipeout 64 - red text/orange background
wipeout 3 - turqoise text/grey background
wipeout 3se - red text/grey background
wipeout fusion - blue text/purple or turqoise background

these are just suggestions, the colors dont have to be limited to just this, you could have one or two palettes for each game. also perhaps match the reverse patch colors with the t shirt colors? im more willing to buy a t-shirt right now because i dont have anything in mind that i can apply a patch to, and id rather have a black tshirt than a bright orange one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FoxZero on 2002-03-05 14:53 ]</font>

Hyper Shadow
5th March 2002, 02:07 PM
Cheesy slogan alert;

"Team WipEout:Zone
We are good enough"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gawd that sucks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hyper Shadow on 2002-03-05 15:08 ]</font>

Lance
5th March 2002, 02:22 PM
um.... ''We are way better than necessary!''

:lol:

Asche XL
5th March 2002, 10:52 PM
I think it should have 1 with Wipeout 1 with Wipeout XL and so on for eveey game and 1 for WipeoutZone and make it a cool color andd font cause Id love a sick shirt with Wipeout XL on it.

Anastasia
6th March 2002, 01:38 AM
The idea of WipeoutZone t-shirts and patches sounds far too tempting - I DREAM of owning a wipeout t-shirt minus crappy logos. I'll definitely buy! Get producing please!!!!!

Ana :smile:

Keep Racing!

AmigoJack
10th March 2002, 01:41 PM
what do you think of this?

http://www.angelfire.com/my/amigojack/shirtcover.gif (angelfire doesnt allow outside linking; copy the link and paste it into your browsers editline)

(maybe too experimented and not giving the fast wipy atmosphere - just suggestion #1)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AmigoJack on 2002-03-10 14:44 ]</font>

AmigoJack
10th March 2002, 02:08 PM
or #2 (better)
http://www.angelfire.com/my/amigojack/shirtcover2.gif

infoxicated
10th March 2002, 03:25 PM
Good effort, man - however, I already have a designer working on the project.

All will be revealed soon :smile:

AmigoJack
11th March 2002, 10:28 AM
ok - im awaiting the surprise :smile:

Hyper Shadow
11th March 2002, 02:21 PM
Oooh! The tension builds!

rhys
31st March 2002, 07:38 PM
i want tshirts, i want patches, i want wallets and i want anything wipeout!
:D

Anastasia
1st April 2002, 01:26 AM
Me too! I am wipEout crazy so would buy anything to do with wipEout. Wallets sound a great idea!

Ana :)

Oh the anticipation!