PDA

View Full Version : Counter-braking

faB
11th June 2004, 03:58 PM
You turn left, and use the right air brake.
You turn right, and use the left air brake.

What does it do, and what would be a good example (track, section) ?

Shem
11th June 2004, 04:54 PM
a tough one....
Actually I find this technique useless, excluding some situations.
I guess a good example of a counter-brake is a zig-zag turn at Porto Kora. Sometimes, when I cannot set myself for a clean fly-trough these turns, a counter brake saves my arse from hitting the wall. Basicly that's how I use this technique. To pull myself off the walls at high speed, flying a heavyweight craft (or at least the one with poor manuverability). It works even better with crafts like Asseqai, but in this case the craft gets really unpredictable (wild, as I may suggest). This technique is like a last chance, if normal flying techniques fail.
(concerning W3O of course)

yuusen
12th June 2004, 09:12 AM

i also use that technique as my panic button.

i find it also helps remove some of the disorientation that the repeating corners can induse (e.g. shem's slalom example) as i find that counter-braking tends to keep the camera, on occasions, more inline with the track (in external view at least) and by breaking the camera's pattern of movement it can help you snap out of a trance you may not want to be in.

¥

piranha wiper
12th June 2004, 03:12 PM
can be good for when you have miss judged a corner and you have lots over over steer, its better than panicing and putting full lock on left or right steering and airbrake