PDA

View Full Version : Mega City

Bob Todd
28th February 2002, 10:58 AM
We're studying population in Geoggers at the moment, and the other day I was flicking through a textbook out of boredom (yes, reading a school textbook - that's how boring my geography teacher is! :smile: ), and discovered that 'megacity' is a recognised geographical term for a city with over ten million inhabitants.

Coincidence on the part of Psyggy, or is Wip3out's Mega City really huge?

Lance
28th February 2002, 02:19 PM
quite possibly both, but i'm leaning strongly in the direction of coincidence. they probably just wanted some generic term for 'big city'.
like Gotham, sorta, but really literal.

Synthetic Consciousness
7th May 2002, 11:38 AM
I AM THE LAW!! ...oh, wait...wrong one? :oops:

zargz
7th May 2002, 06:36 PM
Yeah!! judge Dredd!! 8)

Synthetic Consciousness
7th May 2002, 09:54 PM
Now I know why I keep yelling "Guilty!" whenever I blast an opponent with missiles or a Plasma Bolt. 8)

Myke_AG_Sys™
28th June 2002, 08:34 AM
yep, i also noticed that in a geography book. made me think of judge dread too. yeah i reckon Mega City in Wip3out is really a megacity. i'll have a rough guess that the P-Mar Project is like Mega City's green-belt project, only it's central. you'll notice that the buildings on the horizon span 360 degrees around the course, yeah? so i reckon P-Mar Project is like the park land.....it's like New York's Central Park only much much bigger....so big they could hold a F7200 race event there....and what a beautiful stage it is.

later.