PDA

View Full Version : SOME NEW RECORDS

QOORA
30th May 2004, 05:25 PM
Hi, I am new here so don't be angry with me because of my ignorance:P

I have one question. If I beat some of the record times posted on wipeoutzone in W3 SE is it still possible to put them on your site?? And if yes... what evidence do I need to submit... a memory card?... a photo of the TV screen, or mavbe a grabbed picture would be enough?:) Whom should I send it to?:)
Oh, and r these posted results still valid?:)
Thx for replies:)

QOORA the Polish pilot:P

Shem
30th May 2004, 06:38 PM
Siemasz Kura! :)
Actually it's Lance's duty to explain how the records section works. And so be it. (I guess if I explained it, ppl would start to cheat on records...)

Take it from here Lance! :D

QOORA
30th May 2004, 07:58 PM
Ha, witam rodaka!!:) Wiec nie bede tutaj sam:P

Ok. So I wait untill Lance replies 2 my humble question:P Thx 4 info:)

Lance
30th May 2004, 08:17 PM
hi QOORA, welcome to the WipeoutZone. :)

actually, the records section explains how it works right at the top of the page. we go by the honour system rather than physical proof. it is generally pretty obvious when someone is cheating or has simply made a mistake in records entry.

you must be registered on the main page to enter your times. when logging in, you are automatically taken to the first page of the records entry system. make sure to enter your records in the table for your specific version; it has often happened that people accidentally put their time in the wrong place. if you discover that such a thing has happened, it can be corrected by entering a time of 9:59.99, which the system will ignore and not show at all. this works in any section of the records except 2097 and XL, where only a single 9 can be entered in the last box. unfortunately, there is a bit of a flaw in the recognition system that will still allow 9:59.9 to be shown, but at least it will be away from the top times

QOORA
30th May 2004, 08:42 PM
Hi Lance. Thank you very much for your reply. That's what I needed to know:)
Expect my entries in a week or so:P
Greetz 2 all of ya:P

Asayyeah
30th May 2004, 09:49 PM
Hi Qoora, wellcome to the board
It will be a pleasure to see what you could manage on SE , and if you have done any good records, i am sure all of us are expecting yours.
See ya

QOORA
30th May 2004, 10:07 PM
Hi Asayeah:) Thank u guys for a warm welcome on the forum:)

As for W3 SE I played W3 some 3 or 4 years ago and I had very good times in Time Trial mode. For example, as far as I remember, I managed to get below 19 or 18 (I can't remember exactly:( seconds on Porto Cora (Phantom - Icarus), which was my greatest achievement:) but it was a very long time ago and I could only play W3 for two or three weeks as I didn't have my own console. Yesterday I managed to get hold of W3 SE and I decided to brush up my Wipeout skills and make the most of my PS2:) I will see if I can yet again get into good shape and show some skill:)
Greetings:)

Shem
31st May 2004, 05:36 AM
I said the exact same thing when I entered the forums some time ago (about Phantom - TT - Porto Kora)......now my goal is to go below 18sec on W3O SE. The competition here is tight, so you gotta be fast and ambicious to at least get closer to the fastest here.
And 1 more thing - U said you had the "19 or 18 sec" laptime on......W3OSE or W3O?...There is the difference between them, it's easier to go below 19 sec on Porto Kora (TT - SE) becouse of the modified physics of the flight (it's all about the main jump here...the craft acts different in W3O and W3OSE...)....

QOORA
31st May 2004, 07:00 AM
Judging from the tables I can see that the competition here is very tight. That's true.
As for your question Shem, I meant W3O. I am sure it was either below 19 or 18 but I can't give u a specific time as that file was long ago WIPED OUT from my friend's memory card:( That's why I am not going to post that result as long as I don't repeat it. Now, however, I only have W3O SE and I will try to beat that time with that version of the game and playing on PS2.
U mean the "Enter the Tunnel" jump?:P Or should I say "Over the tunnel" jump?:P If yes, I think it works much better in W3O SE:P
BTW, my intention is to go near the top times without using that glitch... My friends say it is ok using it if it is in the game but I feel slightly different:(

QOORA
31st May 2004, 06:50 PM
Well, I put my three times from Porto Cora in the tables but they are nothing special:( As I had a very long break from Wip3out now I must learn everything from the very beginning. That's even more so because W3 SE feels much different form what I remember of W3:( The results I put in the tables were achieved after 2 hours of playing today in the morning and it was the second time I have ever touched W3 SE:( I hope that by the end of the week I will have gotten below 18secs in the Phantom class. At least that is my goal for that week:)

Asayyeah
31st May 2004, 08:00 PM
I don't know if you told us which controller or view you use ?
However Great goal to acheive below 18 sec., good luck Lukacz :wink:

QOORA
31st May 2004, 09:05 PM
Now that U mention it I recalled that it was what I was going to ask U about:) What view and controller do U use ppl??
I am using the default view, I mean the TPP one:) And as for the controller it would be Dual Shock 2. I guess U guys use Neg Con, don't u?? I have never even tried it. Is it much better 4 Time Trial?:) And I also suppose U use the FPP view, don't U?:) Anyway, I will try to achieve as much as possible with my settings:( The only thing that worries me is that my DS2 is al ittle bit deteriorated after the last Tekken tournament:(

Old asyyeah - are your results in the tables for W3 SE?? If yes, what is your signature there?:)

Shem
31st May 2004, 09:27 PM
As for the control method, it's a very individual issue here, and I don't wanna speak for everyone here, but it's not like everyone uses NegCon (though those who used it usually stick to it). Personally I think that external view is the best if u're willing to beat records, though some ppl I know, use the internal view in TT as well (it looks awesome BTW..). For more info, check the "Favourite view and control method" topic. It's here somewhere.... :roll:

QOORA
31st May 2004, 09:34 PM
Ok, thx 4 the answer. I have just checked the topic U mentioned. Hmmm, well... I can see that the majority of the ppl stick to NegCon... Well... for the time being I will stay with my DS2 but if I fail to achieve want I want I might think about the change :wink: BTW Shem, it is just about one sec on Phantom between U and me as the representatives of PL:P It is very little and very much at the same time in Wip3out but I will try hard to catch up with ur time asap:P Oh, and what city do U come from?:)

Shem
1st June 2004, 07:03 AM
It is very little and very much at the same time in Wip3out but I will try hard to catch up with ur time asap:P
Sounds like another reason for me to beat my records, and with Al's advice, I guess I'll beat them for sure.
And yeah.....I live in PIła, 100km north of Poznań.

QOORA
1st June 2004, 07:18 AM
Ha, that indeed is a good reason:) As soon as I have some more time for training I will try to improve on my times and naturally on yours:) Challenge is everything:P

Ok, I know where Pila is 'coz I am studyin' in Poznan, that would be 100km south of Pila?:P

QOORA
2nd June 2004, 11:47 PM
Hi PPL
Shem, I know it sounds stupid, but just two minutes ago I managed to catch up with your result. I got exactly the same final time as U:) 18:60:) It looks strange in the tables:)
I think I will play one more hour:P

QOORA
3rd June 2004, 12:12 AM
Update - 17:92:):):):):):):):):)

Shem
3rd June 2004, 07:40 AM
why you little...!! :wink:

QOORA
3rd June 2004, 12:31 PM
Sorry, it's not my fault :wink: