Escaped_Badger
16th May 2004, 01:59 PM
(Images may not work for certain users)

Box cover

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3230/wipeout_pure.JPG

rejj
16th May 2004, 02:32 PM
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /0405/wipe1.jpg on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.the-magicbox.com Port 80

... that makes me think that they won't work for anyone.

Escaped_Badger
16th May 2004, 02:35 PM
Go to www.the-magicbox.com

I hope the box cover displays for everyone, it's smart, much better than Fusion's effort.

rhys
16th May 2004, 04:00 PM
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0405/game051404e.shtml

That should work :)
Liking the box.

zargz
16th May 2004, 04:06 PM
didnt find the cover but yes the pics R fr the video .. seem'd2me ..

AmishRobot
16th May 2004, 06:25 PM
Those screens look nice. I'm starting to think that with a really fast game on a small screen, it would work better if the textures are kept subdued like that. At any rate, it's already looking better than Fusion. Box art's slick, too.

zargz
16th May 2004, 06:31 PM
yeah! Agree! that's ALL the detail I need! not more if's gon make the game less smooth! :x

Lance
16th May 2004, 07:40 PM
the only things in the game that look futuristic are the ships. why can't we have a city that looks futuristic to we who live in 2004? the buildings in those pics look like much of american and european and soviet architecture of the 1960's which was often just a cheap copy of Le Corbusier's uninspired and bland work of the 1950's. surely we could have something more dynamic and 'zoomy' that looks like it's part of the future, part of the world in the era of anti-gravity racing instead of decades back in the past even from our world today, and more than a century in the past of the anti-grav world

zargz
16th May 2004, 07:44 PM
dunno, lance .. looks good enuf 2me :roll:

Lance
16th May 2004, 07:59 PM
think of the movies that have featured flying cars and such. Minority Report, The Fifth Element, even that ancient classic, Blade Runner. did they have buildings that looked as old and bland and static as these in the Wipeout Pure demo? the ones in this demo look, for the most part, even older, and definitely clunkier than the ones in Wipeout 3, which just look like 1999 american industrial parks, which can look pleasant enough, but boring and definitely not inspiring and dynamic. the world's greatest racing game deserves something with more character and energy.

i could enjoy either a clean bright idealised future or a cyberpunk WO2 look for a newer version of the game, but it ought definitely to have oomph! there should not be a reliance on only the speed of the ships for excitement, there should be some visual high energy to go along with it, too

Shem
16th May 2004, 08:37 PM
I Agree Lance, the buildings, and the surroundings as such seem a bit static... You know, I played Ridge Racer 4 years ago, and one thing I can tell, the buildings and all that looked great (racing just after the sunrise....pure poetry..). The atmosphere of some screenshots seen above brought back the feel of RR4 (to me of course), and I that's the thing i was satisfied with. However, really....we're talking about Wipeout are we? (sorry I got off topic).
It's hard to blame it all on the early stage of development, becouse we can clearly see what the developers/designers are up to. I hope they'll fix the architecture of the buildings (but not to make them too wicked.....hmm..). And the last thing, I would like to see the sunrise upon an AG racing circuit....

P.S. If this post doesn't make sense, ...well...I just woke up (God, it's 22:36...)....

Escaped_Badger
16th May 2004, 09:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing, the subtle lighting is rather striking, resembles Ridge Racer Type 4's "Out of Blue" circuit. I'm quite happy with it, it seems to have got back the style which the series gained with Wip3out and lost with Fusion.

G'Kyl
16th May 2004, 10:08 PM
Hm. Although I mostly let the overall style of the graphics distract me from the actual architecture, there is a point here. Wipeout games never REALLY got the surroundings the setting so much demands. Then again, what about this actually being the intention? Having the WO series stand out as super-modern (e.g. super-fast) against the old. Although I can't really bend my mind around this idea. ;) Anyway, let's see how the overall game is gonna look like. There ARE some futuristic scenes in the videos after all. And on just another hand, Blade Runner _did_ look like our world for the most part, IIRC, didn't it?

Ben

Lance
16th May 2004, 11:21 PM
in Blade Runner, the only buildings that looked old were the ones that were supposed to bE old. the new buildings looked to be in the future of the architecture we have today, not the past. the Wipeout series has tended to use new buildings that look late twentieth century instead of the late twenty-first and into the twenty-second century of the Wipeout world. don't forget that the first race of the F7200 series begins in the year 2116, yet the newest buildings in the game look like the style of more than a hundred years earlier. that doesn't fit. and it isn't fit.

[there's a building in P-Mar Project that reminds me strongly of the old La Quinta hotel in southwest Orlando, Florida. i think it was built back in the 1960's. the skyline of Mega City looks very like the city at Surfer's Paradise, Australia, in our time or even some years ago. at least, that's what it looks like to me. :) ]

Shem
16th May 2004, 11:25 PM
Maybe it was an intention to put the "new" against the "old" architekture. If they did Wipeout in a totally super futuristic 3567A.D. style, some ppl wouldn't be too happy about it. On the other hand, If any W'O was representing somewhat "modern" design, again - some ppl wouldn't be happy. Putting one style against the other prevents the war :wink: ...
yeah....again....speculations,speculations....and all I want to do is to play Wipeout Pure....(sounds like a TV ad....)

Lance
16th May 2004, 11:33 PM
but the Wipeout games don't pit a new style of architecture against the old; they have only the old, and nothing of Wipeout's own century at all

Mano
16th May 2004, 11:35 PM
the only things in the game that look futuristic are the ships. why can't we have a city that looks futuristic to we who live in 2004? the buildings in those pics look like much of american and european and soviet architecture of the 1960's which was often just a cheap copy of Le Corbusier's uninspired and bland work of the 1950's. surely we could have something more dynamic and 'zoomy' that looks like it's part of the future, part of the world in the era of anti-gravity racing instead of decades back in the past even from our world today, and more than a century in the past of the anti-grav world

I totally concurr with Lance, people, very much; and he has knowledge of modernism and of Le Corbusier´s architectecture, which has this look, the boom of the new materials (for that time: armored concrete), free flowing floor plan, horizontal strip windows, etc. made plain looking fronts and buildings.

However the point here whether you like the buildings or this kind of architecture or not, is that they look really old and doesnt fit the game (and i dont like them too much either); and in some cases the scenery looks like made of LEGO; take for example the look of talons reach on XL and compare the look of PURE to it (disregarding graphics definition of course).

maybe PURE is aiming for a pre Wipeout time... dunno, but it still would be a bit uninteresting scenery; with good scenery you accentuate the look of the game and even the sense of speed.

Also the details are better in XL, YES they are, if you disregard the quantity of polygons and resolution, you will see that XL is a much more consequent and integrated work, like the stages or tracks are thought as a whole and not put together by parts, which i think happens in PURE; also the tracks seem to float or be supported on the ground, in the previos Wipeouts the tracks were sometimes supported by the other buildings or geographical elements like mountais, depressions etc; much more interesting.

Hmm i like the framerate, tho the demo seems to show a Venom like speed, would have liked to see something in Rapier to Phantom but the motion and speed seems right, even at that speed class, the ag-factor, seems a bit overfloaty to me and the control a bit off, but i would have to play the game to say for certain; and the ships, i dunno, i always thought of wipeout crafts like high speed machines, like F1, thinking about how those cars show structure and machinery, and are only covered when you need aerodynamics and to protect things like machinery and pilot, but just that; the ships seem a bit too covered, like a whole shell for them, but most of all, WIpeout crafts signature is their long stilyzed bodies... missing here too.

i hope i dont sound too much of a complainer here, but the game needs to be a bit more accentuated and aggressive, like the the older Wipeouts, i surely hope the game comes out great, but it needs quite a bit more work for that.

I have a lot of ideas i will try to put them on graphics as soon as i have time ;).

**edit**

I made a sketch, with some ideas for the quake and also track movement (before you ppl start yelling NOOOOOO!!! at me, let me explain how this track movement works;)):

http://groups.msn.com/Mano/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=43

the track is made out of sections that can be indepently moved, this would have an interesting effect with the quake weapon which would also explain easier the fact that the track goes like a wave and then straightens again without damage to the track, and would also explain how the quake weapon works, just an option that appears on the craft´s weapon computer when you pass a weapon pad, the track computer takes care of the rest.

this could also make an interesting movin track, of course this movement would have to be subtle to let the craft retain fast speeds but playing with the angles could lead to some interesing twists on the track, specially for single race or tournament, passing, attacking, and to save your ass from those pesky missiles that are hard to dodge on a straight part of the track, also the track sections that move would have to be bigger (small track sections moving would be pointless and would be more of an annoyance than fun, but for the quake weapon the size i drew would work great), maybe it would also be interesting if the track can move in the middle of it like i hint on the sketch.

Explaining a bit more my sketch: its a track on a sea port, thats why its so horizontal, and has section that has containers, and thats also why its very structural, but still theres unity between the track and the stage, background, etc. well at least i hope i accomplished that. ( hey Lance, futuristic buildings ;)), being able to watch the sea on this level would be great too, specially if its a raging sea :D that crashes against parts of the track leaving mist on some sections...

G'Kyl
17th May 2004, 06:34 AM
Hmmm, I don't think the WO games only gave us old architecture, Lance. I believe the designers weren't able to make the games look more futuristic because it would have required a higher polygon count (Maybe building something to look futuristic and not silly requires a considerable amount of polygons - and textures, probably - because we would need not only a few pieces of reference to recognize an older building for what it is but as much detail as possible to give us an idea of what we are looking at). However, there certainly are some 21st etc century structures in all games, even if being too few to give the all-futuruistic impression WO would have deserved.
What I'm saying is: They tried, but in order to make the game as fast as possible, maybe they could not go as far as they might have wanted to.

As for Wipeout Pure: What is in the video actually does look like it's set in the future - all the old buildings, for the most part, are stll there, enriched with just a little more structure (that's how buildings develop, isn't it). There are some more modern constructions in there as well.
And this is also true for Blade Runner: You are right, of course, about old things being _supposed_ to look old. But isn't that the point? There are very few new buildings, at least as far as the movie shows (in fact, all I can recall is the Tyrell building). The larger part of the city is built on what has been there for centuries and which was changed only in detail.

Mano, I wouldn't say they put the PSP tracks together from independent parts. Though I agree with you about the design of the ships. They look a bit too much like flying over a Nintendo console.

Oh, and I find the idea of how the quake weapon works very intriguing! I wonder how they would make the track move so fast, though - but since this is scifi racing, you don't hear me complaining. ;)

Ben

AmishRobot
17th May 2004, 06:43 AM
Funny you should mention an industrial park Lance, because that's exactly what I thought of when I first saw those pics. I guess the difference here is that I like that. I've always believed that the world will look one of two ways by the time I'm ready to die of old age: A bombed out wasteland, or a corporate park. (I agree that these could possibly be interchangable :lol:) These shots look paved over, corporate and soulless - just the way I expect the future to be! When I drive out to one of the rich new suburbs around Dallas, that's kindof what they look like. As far as the architecture goes, in 100 years from now, cities will be fancy new modern marvels weaved within the same old infrastructure. The old buildings will still be there. In most modernized cities, the building of skyscrapers has all but stopped. I can't think of a single major building being raised in america since the 70's. They're all office buildings in the 10-20 story range. Basically, there are reasons we won't have our flying cars in the future. I think the human race is largely done with the big stuff for a while. All our major innovations will be applied on a personal level or smaller (think nanomachines).

The only thing I think looks odd is the distinct lack of billboards. Corporations have to advertise to the masses! :) And I have to say that it does look a bit like a track running through a city, rather than a track as part of the city. (hope that makes sense) It looks like the track is above ground level in every shot.

I'm just wishing this was on a real console. I hate portables.

Lance
17th May 2004, 08:18 AM
James, you should watch PBS more. they've had a show about major skyscrapers on that shows some much newer buildings, such as the tallest non-radio tower in the world, a double skyscraper in Malaysia [i think] that is taller than the Sears Tower. but in any case, 'futuristic' does not equal 'skyscraper'; a building can be rounded and sleek and transparent and colourful and/or metallic and streamlined and spired and bridged without being a skyscraper. a texture very different from painted concrete, which seems to be the only thing other than bare concrete in the Wipeout universe, would be most welcome. shapes and colours with more spirit and less blandness should not require tons of polygons. G'Kyl more or less states that the PSP is too weak to handle many polygons. is this true? shouldn't it really be about as powerful as the original Playstation? surely it will far outdo a GameBoy Advance. actually, it is supposed to run at 333MHz, faster than a PS2 and nearly ten times as fast as a PS1 [about 34 MHz], and to have a 32 meg main memory [equal to a PS2, i think], plus hardware devices for texturing, etc. there should be no difficulty at all in showing enough polygons for both high-speed ships and complex shapes in the scenery.

edit: also, why does it have to look like an industrial park from an earlier century? shouldn't the new technology of the late 21st and early 22nd centuries allow some architectural possibilities we don't have now? anti-gravity itself might have profound effects on architecture. floating buildings. or extremely tall buildings that thanks to anti-grav would no longer need heavy structure to hold them up, so that the buildings could be extremely light and even fragile looking. perhaps free external elevators that can take you not only to another floor but across the street or park to another building?

such recently made materials advances as buckminster fullerene carbon tubes and aerogels as structural elements and insulation would radically alter the face and fabric of architecture.

it's been calculated that the human population is going to double again in just the next few decades. the accelerating population increase of the world will demand so many new buildings by the end of this century that the old will be nearly unseen in the mass of the new. so how about we see that structural newness in the Game of the Future?

G'Kyl
17th May 2004, 09:42 AM
From my geography courses I remember having heard that the increase in population will advance the urbqanisation process. However, I do not believe this will increase the size of the buildings as much as it will increase their number. That's simply because builindg more houses is mostly going to be cheaper than developing larger ones. I may be wrong, of course, since I am no expert in this subject matter (I changed subjects in the course of my studies a long time ago :) ).
Oh, and just one more note on the hardware capabilities of the PSP, because I'm afraid I was unable to make clear what I meant. I was merely referring to WO 1-3. As I said, I doe see quite some futuristic surroundings in WO Pure. I still think, though, that it is more difficult to create one or two textures, which resemble futuristic architecture, than doing the same with more polygonal detail.

Ben (*scared about the doubling of population in only a few decades!* ;) )

Angryman
17th May 2004, 02:13 PM
I'm worried about pit stops... SCEE please dont force us to slow down to 1/10 of racing speed when in the pits!! PLEASE!!!
A few of the track designs are worrying me, there are a few tracks on the second page which seem to be too angular (does that make sense?) e.g. the first picture on the second page - it looks like the physics of the craft will have to be similar to wipeout fusion in order to stay stuck on the track and not slipping off to the right.
Wipeout Fusion 2?? God, PLEASE NO!!! :cry:
o.k i dont think i can explain it properly.. here's some pictures:

original/

http://home.iprimus.com.au/starpet/wipeoutf2.jpg

note the building in the distance:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/starpet/wipeoutF2angle.jpg

note the angle of the track if i make the building in the distance straight.

:x Wipeout FUSION 2!!! :evil:

Lance
17th May 2004, 03:44 PM
Ben, i didn't imply that the new buildings to accomodate increased population would be larger, just more numerous. however, now that i think about it, more and more people on the same land area means that there will be pressure for the buildings to go up since the farming land to feed people must be retained or even increased because there are more people to be fed than ever. sigh..... the oceans are doomed. the fish population is already down to 10 percent of what it was in the 19th century; soon the humans will have eaten what little is left

G'Kyl
17th May 2004, 04:46 PM
Oh, sorry I misunderstood you, then. :) And yes, I agree, buildings will certainly grow bigger in the future. I just think that cities will still continue to develop more into the horizontal than vertical, so to speak.

Ben

AmishRobot
17th May 2004, 05:12 PM
You're right - I do need to watch more PBS. :) At least I was smart enough to qualify my statements. I was aware of the Petronas towers in Malaysia. I thought that was an exception to the rule, but a quick search proves me wrong. Boy, was I ever wrong... (By the way, a lot of people believe the Petronas cheated to become the world's tallest, as it has fewer inhabitable stories than the Sears tower.) And I'm completely ignoring Boston's Big Dig and China's Three Gorges Dam as examples of modern structures that are huge but not skyscrapers. So I guess everything I'm spouting here is complete rubbish. Or maybe we'll all be moving underground in 100 years.

For the record, I still think the future will be a paved over corporate wasteland, and we'll never get our flying cars.

Perhaps the designers should model the architecture after this (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/images/040507gehry.jpg).

Lance
17th May 2004, 07:21 PM
James, you've probably just been too busy living your own real life to worry about the more and more absurdly extravagant things that individuals and nations will do to pump up their own egos. good on ya. :)

i looked at the pic. oh, the sheer joy of semi-cubism. now if we combine that with Escher's Moebius-linking of floors, we'd really have something. it would be... um... yeah. something.
:D :o :D

---------

<even further off topic or maybe back a little closer>when are you going to start racing again? we need some more action on the XL tables. </even further off topic or maybe back a little closer>

JABBERJAW
18th May 2004, 01:25 PM
You know, I like the box art, BUT haven't we learned anything from wipeout 3. This shows nothing what the game is about. It does not catch the eye for a person looking over games so see what they want to buy, they will not even know it's a racing game. Keep the nice lettering, but better art for the cover please(not better, just different to let people know what the game is all about). This box art as is will create very low sales.

infoxicated
18th May 2004, 03:24 PM
As you most probably know, what you've seen is far from a final depiction of the box art. The way marketing works means that there will probably be different box art for different territories.

Studio Liverpool do this very successfully with Formula One - usually in each territory a driver of the appropriate nationality is shown more predominantly on the cover. Fernando Alonso was even featured on the box for the Formula One 2003 & PS2 bundle last year in Spain. The London Studio have a different cover for TIF in every territory, also, so I think we can safely say that the cover of Wipeout Pure hasn't been set in stone yet! ;)

We don't even know what size of box the UMD's will be sold in either, so there's another reason not to be revving your speculation engine just yet. :)

Sausehuhn
28th May 2004, 11:28 AM
some new pictures.

http://www.playfrance.com/psp/galeries/,74957284.html

Escaped_Badger
30th June 2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks for those.

http://www.playfrance.com/images/psp/,74957284/zoom/8639.jpg

The yellow/red one reminds me of the Pac Racing Team cars on Ridge Racer 4.

piranha wiper
30th June 2004, 02:59 PM
these crafts look familliar.. hmmm the one the right looks lik wo3 feisar the one on the right is sort of a dodgy piranha and the one in the distance looks like something out of wf??? im confused now

Lance
30th June 2004, 04:03 PM
the Piranha does indeed remind one of R4's Pac team colour patterns.

the more i see of these WipeoutPure photos, the more i like the look; it's fresh, clean, energetic and positive. so it gives a contrast to the earlier 2097 cyberpunk, a new energy to the series. let's hope the racing gives the same old enduring excitement

G'Kyl
30th June 2004, 04:38 PM
Yep, I liked the new look from tha start. It appears to be a nice evolution of the Wipeout spirit as far as the graphics go. It doesn't look "all new", but new enough to do justice to the improved hardware.
piranha w.: The craft up fromt could be a Qirex if I'm not totally mistaken.

Sausehuhn
3rd July 2004, 07:05 PM
Yes, WipEout Pure looks very cool. I love the style!
And I even love the new tracks I've seen. They're not to big. It will be a little bit harder to fly the tracks perfectly, but this is a really good thing. WipEout Fusion is to easy, because the tracks are to big. I would like a mix. Some parts of the tracks must be big, some small - this would be the perfect WipEout I think :)

Hacker X
13th July 2004, 12:26 AM
I just found out about the game today on IGN. Damn this game has me excited! I thought gamers had given up on my favorite game series of all time. Can't wait til it comes out. Unless this is old, IGN has a whole write-up on the PSP, and it has a AV in/out port so it can be hooked up to a tv. Also, the sound system is a 7.1 digital setup, so it should be perfect. I have renewed faith in the Wipeout series.

BTW, its been a loooooong time since I posted here. I'm not really new, just didn't really post much.

G'Kyl
13th July 2004, 06:54 AM
7.1, wow! I didn't nkow that yet. Great, now I can't wait to play Wipeout over my 7.1 sound system...! ;)

Hacker X
13th July 2004, 01:02 PM
Here is the link to the PSP FAQ on IGN.com. All the hardware specs. Its seems its more powerful than the PS2.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/513/513175p1.html

Lance
13th July 2004, 06:39 PM
it does seem that it may be better than the PS2. we've also been discussing the power of the PSP in this thread:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18263#18263

Escaped_Badger
12th August 2004, 12:21 PM
New screens:

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/526/526021/wipeout-pure-20040623114401960.jpg
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/526/526021/wipeout-pure-20040623114404772.jpg
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/526/526021/wipeout-pure-20040623114406976.jpg
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/526/526021/wipeout-pure-20040623114408116.jpg
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/526/526021/wipeout-pure-20040623114409897.jpg
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/526/526021/wipeout-pure-20040623114412897.jpg
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/526/526021/wipeout-pure-20040623114420272.jpg

infoxicated
12th August 2004, 12:43 PM
Not really new, as such, just maybe new captures from the E3 video.

It's amazing how much better it looks now! :D 8) :wink:

xEik
12th August 2004, 12:48 PM
It's amazing how much better it looks now! :D 8) :wink:
[Looks for the :green_with_envy: smiley]

:roll: :P

Rapier Racer
12th August 2004, 01:41 PM
Hmm I have been in doubt about buying a PSP, then I see these images and I want one again!

Mobius
12th August 2004, 04:27 PM
yay! ag systems are back!!!

Set
12th August 2004, 05:04 PM
Has anyone else noticed a slight variance in the height above ground each ship is? In WoFusion, whenever a ship was not coming off of a jump or something, there was a set distance above ground for the ships...no bounce at all. I hope this is a suggestion of the WoPure ships being affected by the old physics...
I like the crossbridge over the track in the screen Badger put in his post. It adds a nice feel to the architecture. Very "Feng Shui."

G'Kyl
12th August 2004, 06:06 PM
Feng Shui... well, I hope they don't start designing tracks according to the rules of one of those house-building sciences. That would make for some... interesting symbols and colours in WOP. ;)

piranha wiper
12th August 2004, 06:15 PM
gkyl wrote
piranha w.: The craft up fromt could be a Qirex if I'm not totally mistaken. a qirex?!?!? looks kinda flat makes a change :) instead of brick lookalikes, and er another thing why is every craft in 'use' a fiesar, that is if it is a fiesar, it resembles that of w3o and wof, dont you all agree or is it just me

Lance
12th August 2004, 07:50 PM
maybe they want to reassure us that our beloved Feisar, first of all the Wipeout ships, is still with us today, linking all Wipeouts of all time

Mobius
12th August 2004, 07:59 PM
i think it is all going to be wip3out teams...i always wanted to take the icarus and the assegai for a spin

oh and on the box-art, i think that is a quirex!

Mobius
12th August 2004, 08:11 PM
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/img_2200717.html

ASSEGAI IS BACK!!!!

I WAN'T A PSP!!!!

Rapier Racer
12th August 2004, 08:12 PM
It had better be WO 3 teams *shakes fist* then everyone will be happy as you have all the original teams and the additional ones that came along on WO 3....

<<< misses Assegai

Mobius
12th August 2004, 08:15 PM
have a look at the link i put in rik, its in the bottom left corner behing the piranha

Rapier Racer
13th August 2004, 12:04 AM
Hey there it is, this game is going to be way way good.... It's a shame that it's confined to handheld

Mobius
13th August 2004, 11:19 AM
this is sooo much like wip3out!

im really excited!

i remeber the day i picked up the demo and thought OMG!
i wasonly 9 so it was mind blowing - thani had to put it down and go for a swimming test :(

piranha wiper
13th August 2004, 05:26 PM
i saw that piranha looks strange sort of like a wierd concorde with the nosey bit pointing down, looks cool though. and if anyone has played on conflict: freespace, then the craft on the right looks like a vasudan ship thing
i too remember w3o demo, mobius , wat track and craft were avalable on your demo? i had stanza inter and a goteki 45.

Sausehuhn
14th August 2004, 09:06 AM
@ piranha wiper

Yes, know this demo, I played it a long time before I had the full game. But I think, the tunnels are darker than in the game... and, not forget: there is a Feisar in the demo, too.

@ all

... I think, the crafts of Pure looking like a mix between the Wip3out ones and the of the first and second game. But the style of buildings ect. is more like it is in Fusion. A really good mix!

Mobius
14th August 2004, 01:51 PM
BRING BACK CURLY!

Shem
14th August 2004, 04:33 PM
Can anyone tell me where the hell is AG Sys ship on that screenshots?

Set
14th August 2004, 05:44 PM
Look in Badger's latest post with an image (feng shiu bridge). See the colors on the closest ship? AG colors, baby!! Although, the shadow most likely resembles the silhouette of the Piranha ship in Wo3...

Shem
14th August 2004, 06:30 PM
Awww man....
If it's AGsys. then it has crappy design. Where are the side fins? I was hoping it wasn't AGsys..... I still hope it's not.
I just thought of something. Why won't ship designers stick to the original form of the very first AG teams ? Like a small relation to the great history of Wipeouting... Instead they design crafts which look like taken a major damage (like the one whick looks like sb stomped on), or simply chewed and spat out. Why not contribute to the history and make some slight differences in the design? And leave all the mind bending craft shapes to newcoming teams? That's what was done in W3O, and I guess it's not only me who liked it. I guess only Feisar reminds of what game we'll be playing. That's not right.

Thruster2097
14th August 2004, 11:45 PM
Im sure with the advent of downloading portable content, we'll get hit with the classic ship designs, colour schemes and other miscellanii.
(hopefully a expansion for the weapons, too...... damn I miss shockwave!!!)

piranha wiper
15th August 2004, 02:18 PM
SHOCKWAVE!!!!!! :evil: :evil: , one of the most anoying things beside electrobolt (thats mainly because there are nearly the same) any way, yey AGS the old fav of mine from the best wipeout ever, :wink: , that too looks weird, wats wrong with this game its gone fung shooy and craft boged-ness, i must agree with shem about his craft design comment, things arent always to plan, surely they must have based thecraft designs on w3o, its just to alike, but its ags man what more do you want at least theyre back :D

Shem
15th August 2004, 02:33 PM
Maybe You're right Piranha...
(I'm just getting grumpy lately)

Thruster2097
17th August 2004, 08:36 AM
sorry man, I should have put a bunch of smileys by that comment about "missing" shockwaves. They are a useless weapon! Maybe if they were revised so they actually work then I might change my mind.
Seriously, though, I dont think superweapons should be in pure. It just takes the style out of the game.

piranha wiper
17th August 2004, 09:17 AM
a couple of things about the fung shui pic, is it just me or do the buildings look a bit plain, "hey look, a building :-? " theres like a row of windows up and side ways all over and nothing else a few shadows on them, thats about it, and that 'AGS' craft, i was on wf to looking in the gallery for the cheats to do the big bug thing, and and i saw the egr and i thought it was an AGS, so i just thought could that ags craft might be an egr? :-? maybe, maybe not,

truster, i gree, down with super weapons

Mobius
17th August 2004, 09:45 AM
lets have a shogun-esque weapon in it. you fire it and chunks bounce off walls in random directions.

G'Kyl
17th August 2004, 11:02 AM
a couple of things about the fung shui pic, is it just me or do the buildings look a bit plain, "hey look, a building :-? " theres like a row of windows up and side ways all over and nothing else a few shadows on them, thats about i

As far as I understoot it the game's not been fully textured yet, hence the missing detail.

Ben

Sausehuhn
11th April 2005, 01:24 PM
New, really beautiful screenshots at gamekult.com

>> http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000068533_screenshots.html?maj=1&typeMedia=150022

Chill
11th April 2005, 03:27 PM
Hey, I like those!! Their's some really good art in those!! :P The third one reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. :wink:

Lance
11th April 2005, 05:33 PM
i love the one that shows three ships flying toward us high up passing a building. [pic ME0000560068 ]
what a great desktop wallpaper that would be if the image were high resolution.

Egg
11th April 2005, 05:51 PM
what a great desktop wallpaper that would be if the image were high resolution.

We-e-ell, maybe if you asked nicely . . . :wink:

I like this thread. If you read it from the top, when you all first saw the graphics in PurE, the consensus was they weren't detailed enough. The ships were also only "sketched" in. ( You can see the old Assegai with the cockpit up top if you look closely. ) They were only there as "placeholders" until the proper ships were completed.

I guess the moral is, don't judge by first impressions ! :D

Lance
11th April 2005, 06:26 PM
oh, please, pleeeeeeeeaase, Lord Jon the Magnificent, could i have that one as a 1280 x 1024 wallpaper, please? :)

or rather 1280 x [the appropriate height for width for the PSP screen format proportions]

Egg
11th April 2005, 06:37 PM
Alright, mind the shoes!

The PSP screen is 480x272 ... so that makes ... umm ... (counts on fingers)

... 1280 x 725 or something.

Problem is, we don't get hi-res shots anymore ... you'd have to enlarge it from the PSP size. Result = fuzzy :|

Lance
11th April 2005, 06:41 PM
fuzzy = darn it, but still pretty good, probably.

would still make a nice impression on desktop