PDA

View Full Version : Japanese fans

Wamdue
26th February 2002, 04:29 PM
Those japanese fans and especially "Aka-Sho" are some truly nice ppl. Ive had some discussions with them using a translator and easy-to-read english about wipeout related stuff. and check this out:

Konbanwa Andreas san.

Aka-sho desu.

I appreciate your consideration very much.(^^)b
It is very glad if you send WipEout CD-ROM to my address.

Since I also want to give you some japanese presents,
(Japanese Anime comics, WipEout Japanese version...?)
please let me know your address.

Arigatou gozaimasu. Andreas(Wamdue) san.
(^-^)

XXXX XXXX.

and he didnt even know that I was a sucker for manga/animé

infoxicated
26th February 2002, 05:58 PM
He is a very nice guy - linked to WipeoutZone for almost a year before I linked back to him!

And he didn't seem to mind, either :wink:

I wish his english was on a par with the rest of us so that he could get a bit more involved in the forums. Bit sad that Fusion wont be making it over there.

science
26th February 2002, 08:52 PM
no chance of fusion making its way over to japan? why?

Xono
26th February 2002, 09:27 PM
Might that be some insider information...?

If it doesn't make it to Japan, will it come to America? I don't see why Fusion would be released in only one NTSC region.

infoxicated
26th February 2002, 09:30 PM
The menus don't translate too well - hence the whole front end would need to be re-done, which is a no-no.

G-Hob
27th February 2002, 11:33 PM
Can you elaborate on why re-doing the front end would be that big of a deal?

science
28th February 2002, 02:46 AM
it seems that once a game has been given the go ahead, everything is a big deal. fixing little glitches and such- it just doesnt seem to happen, as we have learned through experience here.

infoxicated
28th February 2002, 08:55 AM
No, I cant really elaborate - I've given you the gist of it and I'm not a game developer, so I don't know the intricacies of it.

All I know is that it's not being done because the front end doesn't translate.

The Boye
28th February 2002, 07:08 PM
The Japanese market is probably deemed too small an earner compared to the Western market to warrent a totally new Japanese styled front end Good Technology stylee.

Although Wip3out was released in Japan with the same tDR front end as the Western versions - only the fonts were larger than before - this must have been agreed as suitable for the Japanese market whereas Fusions would be too complicated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinuous on 2002-02-28 20:48 ]</font>

BenjaminSoulé
28th February 2002, 09:38 PM
A too small market ? :eek:
I was thinking that Tokyo was The best place for VideoGames...
I dont think that Japan's market is small, It's just difficult to sell West-game there because japanese game are so different.

The Boye
28th February 2002, 09:42 PM
I was talking from a WipEout sales viewpoint not the videogame market as a whole. :grin:

BenjaminSoulé
28th February 2002, 09:55 PM
oh sorry...
You're probably right because when I was in Tokyo (3 or 4 years ago) I saw only 1 or 2 WipeoutXL game.
I was really surprised coz I was thinking that Wipeout was a japanese game :grin:
( because of all the katakana in the Wo1 Artworks )

Now, thanks to wipeoutzone, I know so much more about Wipeout.. :smile: