PDA

View Full Version : come with us

AmigoJack
26th February 2002, 11:03 AM
what do u think of chemical brothers latest album? well - after all: i like veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery much, the guys are still block rockin. just listen to "My Elastic Eye", "Galaxy Bounce" or "The Test". its an unbelievable perfection of pure beauty!!!

infoxicated
26th February 2002, 11:20 AM
I don't think it's as good as what they've done beforehand. I've forced myself to listen to it a few times now, but I'm glad I didn't buy it. I'd rather invest in a couple of their older ones than listen to the new one.

AmishRobot
26th February 2002, 02:57 PM
Myself and a friend at work got into a test of wills, by putting the song Star Guitar on repeat and seeing who would crack first. We listened to it for five hours straight. I'll have that damned hand clapping sound burned into my head for the rest of my life.

*For the record, niether of us cracked. Someone else came in and turned it off. :smile:

Bob Todd
26th February 2002, 03:42 PM
5 hours! Woot!

I have it (I managed to get it for the equiv of £10 in the States), and I love it. It's very different from their previous stuff (for the record, I have all their other albums), but it's good to see that they can do other stuff. My fave tracks are Come With Us, My Elastic Eye and Denmark. I was quite disappointed with Star Guitar; Mixmag practically wet itself saying how great it was.

AmigoJack
26th February 2002, 07:06 PM
of(f) course!

the dust bros are evolving. "exit planet dust" and "dyoh" were masterpieces - no doubt. but the most cool thing of all is: theyre travelling, they enter new terrains of sound, melt it with professionality and render the most beautiful sound ive ever heard from them.

you cannot really compare "come with us" with the first album - you have to see it in whole. and thats what makes them so amazing to me: they dare to tryout something else and they have proven to be able to.

but thats just my €0.02 - so i also accept infoxys meanings. "lifes sweet", "block rocking beats", "fsck up beats" and "piku" will be groundbreaking forever. nevertheless ive satisfied with their latest work - very few artists manage such good sequels (the fourth album! thats very much!)

Confusion
26th February 2002, 07:58 PM
Come With Us is the best tune on the whole album (me thinks it would make a good Wipeout tune). Star Guitar gets quite boring quick but everytime I hear it it reminds me of that Buffy advert on Sky One... :smile:

I thought the album itself was quite commercial if you know what I mean... Yeah I suppose it's different, but I would rather listen to their older stuff that this album. Makes a change though.

Exit Planet Dust remains my favourite album from the Chemical Brothers. I copied it and returned it... I should be whipped! >:)

PS: I dunno about you but Come With Us (the tune not the album) seems to have evolved from, Chemical beats and Under The Influence (fecking heavy techno tune that works wonders).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Confusion on 2002-02-26 21:02 ]</font>

lu'kes''
26th February 2002, 08:27 PM
I've got all of their album since WO1, and i think that COME WITH US is as great as the others. He is really different, but he is so "cool" to hear. DENMARK is my favourite on that album.

science
26th February 2002, 08:53 PM
i love it. i think it may be their most refined album of the lot, and i really cant get enough of it!