PDA

View Full Version : New member, new times

White Umbrella
25th April 2004, 06:04 AM
Greetings everyone! :)

Just wanted to say hi, express my respect towards the exceptionally :o fast Frenchman (as well as everyone else on the record tables :wink: ) and let you all know that I've posted my single race times for pretty much every course and speed.

See you on the track!

JD

Lance
25th April 2004, 12:06 PM
hi Jared, and welcome! it's always good to have an active participant. but don't stop now and fade away; work at it and try to beat those guys! and put in some times on Time Trial mode, too. i find that it teaches me how to race SR mode better

White Umbrella
25th April 2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome :D

I hadn't thought about using Time Trial mode to improve things...so I might give it a go!

infoxicated
25th April 2004, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the site :)

I had never been a fan of TT mode in any of the games until I started (trying) to use a NegCon... I find it so hard to use in Race mode that I have to play TT now! ;)

Piranha Advancements
25th April 2004, 04:50 PM
Umbrella? Umbrella? Well, I intimidated him, but it had
nothing to do with Umbrella. I just used him for my
personal purposes, though both you and Barry seemed
to think I was following orders from Umbrella.

Wesker rocks.

Asayyeah
25th April 2004, 06:06 PM
Hi Jared, welcome to the tables ( good times on rapier gare d'europa and odessa keys :wink: )
You could certainly describe you a bit ( did you use dpad or Neg?, your view, favorite version...
The 2097/XL pilot'association is really active for the now, post any question you want, you will always find someone to answer you :)

G'Kyl
25th April 2004, 09:41 PM
Hi White Umbrella!I It's nice to see more people adding times to the 2097/XL tables. Keep them coming. Asayyeah is right, there seems to be quite some competition over the records these days. Plus, Lance is right, too: Do some TT! :) (And consider the last note as coming from the strictly personal preferences department. ;) ) Even thought he`s got a point indeed in that TT is far better to get to know the tracks a lot better! Well, so far, I guess.

Ben

White Umbrella
26th April 2004, 02:40 AM
A bit more info about me, eh?

I only play 2097. I fly cockpit view. Most of the times have been clocked using a stock-standard PS1 original controller (the analogue ones are a bit too heavy and chunky if I were to get really picky). I tend to play through challenge 2, rather than concentrating on doing one track over and over and over.

I'll be 22 later this year. I'm a former Resident Evil nut (RE2 with Leon being the best - go the custom shotgun + magnum). Former Final Fantasy nut also (Now my sister is :roll: ). 2097 is the only racing game I've really gotten into. I used to like story-driven games, but now that I'm busy with university studies, something I can pick up and play, clear and then return-to-real-life suits my current playing style :)

Anyhow, thanks for the warm welcome 8)