20th July 2004, 02:10 PM
oh come on now..goodnight lover!

Set
20th July 2004, 06:01 PM
Definitely gotta be Goodnight Lover.

alnuva
20th February 2005, 08:23 AM
goodnight lover
could someone record a clip of goodnight lover for me?
please! :D

Axel
24th February 2005, 06:14 PM
yup goodnight lover, with quoron 4, is the best :)

G'Kyl
24th February 2005, 08:43 PM
Since I'm listening to it up and down, back and fro: Goodbye Lover. Great track.

Prometheus
9th April 2005, 01:51 PM
does anyone remember this?
http://www.gametrax.net/albums/082622/index.html
it was released in the uk, I defintely own it but cant remember where i put it :( I just wanted to ask, if anyone has it and could they tell me if the wipeout64 track were in stereo... unlike the cartridge... I remember it sounded different. Also, how did they get the licence to put the tracks on? I mean PC Music dont exist really... if they are not really licensed could we host these tracks for download?

Prometheus
2nd May 2005, 10:37 AM
I found that CD (yay) and it really is different... the tracks are in high quality so you pick up certain instruments that you just don't hear in the game... really does sound great.
The only downside is that it doesn't have any of the licensed tracks from Fluke or Propellerheads. I've listened to the versions of those tracks on their albums... but it's not the same mix... "bang on" goes on for quite a while and even has a quiet moment where as the 64 version just plays at full blast to the end... Fluke's absurd also has vocals, unlike the 64 version.

Can anyone tell me which album i can find the exact edits used in the game? I'm tempted to record them off the game but the quality will bad compared to the ones on that N64 cd... even though I have a Game Theatre XP sound card with break out box and stereo line inputs.... i think the 64 tracks are in mono (can anyone confirm?)

any help is much appreciated :)

Axel
2nd May 2005, 01:11 PM
Hmmm I think they are in mono, not too sure, and where the hell did you find the CD? Those are super RARE!!!!!!!

Hybrid Divide
2nd May 2005, 04:12 PM
Prometheus:

Any chance you can upload your CD Quality WipEout 64 tracks somewhere?

I really want to hear a high quality Monolith Boy! :D

Prometheus
2nd May 2005, 04:47 PM
I bought it when the issue was new (i was a big n64 fan) and i remember in the news agents seeing a cd on an n64 magazine... thinking how odd it was... when i realised what was on it... man my face lit up.

I would love to rip and upload it... but i don't know if that's ligitimate nor is it ok to do so through these forums... since PC Music are no more, and neither is psygnosis who i reckon owned pc music.. and the magazine isn't around anymore I'd do it... but again, if its ok then i'll do it..

da cool thing is that i am 3 tracks away from owning the entire wipeout soundtrack back catalogue... my "wipeout" playlist spans 92 tracks and that includes the wip3out cd that came with Arcade magazine, which included two tracks that i think were made for and considered for the game but dropped (desert- voices and hong kong trash- down the river (original mix))

although i've still yet to own the original ost cds that came out for wipeout 1 and 2... sigh..

Seek100
2nd May 2005, 07:53 PM
Psygnosis have been subsumed by SCEE, Studio Liverpool are the remnants of Psygnosis, which is why they continue the 2 franchises Psygnosis had success with - wipEout and F1. It's perfectly legal for you to rip the CD you own and listen to it on your PC and anyone who tells you otherwise is a very mean person. And they'd be wrong. However it is illegal to share the songs with any of us or indeed anyone else who doesn't already own the original CD. And if we already owned the CD it'd be kinda pointless sharing with us and no one would be asking.

Of course that doesn't stop people doing it but it's just rather silly admitting you do it on a forum like this one where such activities are not allowed, we do these things where no one else will notice like over MSN or filesharing services.

BTW Who the hell were PC Music? Where they another in-house music guy like CoLD SToRAGE for the first 2 games?

Axel
2nd May 2005, 09:13 PM
hmmmmmmm, I own the CD but it doesn't work no more, so it's ok to rip and send it to me right? :D

Hybrid Divide
3rd May 2005, 04:11 AM
*sighs*

Damn, I would have paid good money to have a copy of that disc too...

Guess I'll never get to hear the higher quality versions of those tracks. :cry:

flying_saucer
3rd May 2005, 02:05 PM
who says u cant rip the cd .. most new media players can rip most of them?
who cares ...
i always use kazaa lite k++ to download my music and stuff :P
just gimme artists and ill find em.
if u want i can upload them somewherez?

Shem
3rd May 2005, 06:12 PM
Who cares?

Artists DO care, label companies DO care, and YOU'd care if you cared about the music too. But since you don't, well at least try not to be so loud about it.

PS. I reckon you dl'ed some antivirus software since you're using Kazaa.

Prometheus
3rd May 2005, 07:03 PM
yeah, I'd like to know exactly who is PC Music? I've searched but got nothing... according to the credits, Tim Wright and PC Music worked on the audio... perhaps Tim knows who they are and can obtain permission to share those tracks, just like his own. I wonder why they didn't get Tiim to do the music for the game... hmmm :?

Hybrid Divide
3rd May 2005, 07:09 PM
Heh, I bet the artists themselves wouldn't mind, they'd probably love having their music shared.

Besides, just about anyone who's searching for WipEout 64 music already owns the game.

Prometheus
3rd May 2005, 09:48 PM
I thought I'd ask the man himself Tim Wright
here is his response
http://coldstorage.org.uk/forum3/viewtopic.php?p=601#601

flying_saucer
3rd May 2005, 09:49 PM
whowho calm down :P
I think that vergrant is right...
most artists dont even care bout havin music shared...
and most music is virus free...
so... and they dont make money becuz the music is old for the 64...
and why buy if u can get it for free... :wink:
and as vegrant says they probaly sold enough albums or who owns the game the artists had probaly earned money too...

my hole family uses kazaa

PS. yes i do got antivirus 6 of them if u wanna know i got 5 spyware scanners...
and 3 personal firewalls...

Prometheus
3rd May 2005, 10:11 PM
I've emailed Mr Leary about making these tracks available.It's not just about sharing it amongst a few people. It's about letting the fans appreciate the tracks in the original format and quality they were meant to be appreciated in. With the CD format this is all there but because of the cartridge format, the wipeout 64 fans are at a disadvantage. I'm sure any artist would love people to be able to hear their tracks in high quality rather than resort to cartridge recordings.
Fingers crossed vagrant and axel :)

Hybrid Divide
3rd May 2005, 10:23 PM
and why buy if u can get it for free... :wink:

That's just it, us American WipErs have almost NO WAY to buy it, or I'm sure we would simply buy a copy of the disc. The reason we've wanted to have these tracks shared is simply because WE CAN'T BUY IT.

That's just my take on it anyway. :)

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up Prometheus, I've got my fingers crossed!

Axel
10th May 2005, 10:17 PM
I'm definately waiting for a reply too. I loved the soundtrack to WO64. I've tried ebaying it but has not turned up so i've given up. I hope he still has them.

Prometheus
11th May 2005, 08:13 AM
so far no response... perhaps if more people emailed? I'm still waiting but they must have got my email cos it didn't get rejected.

Axel
11th May 2005, 10:31 PM
can u pm me the email addy?

Prometheus
11th May 2005, 10:48 PM
cant remember off the top of my head but go to
http://www.gameaudio.com/
and somewhere at the top is his email address....

Cypher
7th September 2005, 07:41 PM
Goodnight Lover

G-Delta
19th September 2005, 05:11 PM
First wipeout game I bought, First track played, Goodnight lover! And it is the best track (in my view) in the game... (I'm not sure too how PC music is....)

bakkufu
19th September 2005, 05:21 PM
Goodnight lover is on Risotto from Fluke, its still an excellent track on the album version but I do agree I'd love the wipeout 64 mixes of all the tracks.

Also Qoron IV was mentioned as a good track to play this tune to, that has been my fave combo all the time I was playing 64!!!

I just hope they put some of the better 64 tracks into Pure!

ffej071
19th October 2005, 11:20 PM
any news on the tracks from Wipeout 64?

Hybrid Divide
20th October 2005, 04:59 AM
Almost no chance of those tracks going into Pure. It would be nice.

I just want to have high quality versions to listen to. And like I said ealier, I would totally buy them if I could!