PDA

View Full Version : whats your favorite vehicle in wipeout 64?

batman12
24th April 2004, 10:18 AM
AG Systems (Japanese Team) :D

G'Kyl
24th April 2004, 10:44 AM
Welcome, batman12. About that favourite team, there can be only one for me: Quirex! :)

Hm, one more thing, maybe. Since I am by no means a moderator in this forum, I feel a bit uneasy about it, but anyway: Even though your contribution to the forum is surely appreciated, I think it would have been more convenient for most of the users if you had had a short look at the guidlines set by the administrator, where it states that it where best to "avoid starting topics like "What's your favourite track?" - these have all been done to death so many times before. A better topic would be "My favourite track is Stanza Inter - what do you think of it?" - this leads the discussion."
So - why AGS? I, for my part, never liked their crafts, to be honest. Far too slow stuff. *g* How I came to use Quirex is in fact quite simple. I was looking at the team select screen in 2097 and thought "Alright, which one goes fastest?". Then I never touched another. *peeking over to his freshly polished Quirex* ;)

Ben

Lance
24th April 2004, 06:50 PM
hi batman12, welcome to the forums. as Ben says, this sort of topic has been done to death, bUT, because it's WO64 you're talking about, a version so rarely discussed, for this one instance the topic is almost new, so i feel it's okay to leave it and that it won't annoy the other members. i am completely unfamiliar with the 64 version, and don't know the tracks or music, so it's certainly a novelty to me and it may offer the fans of that version an unusual opportunity to discuss a favourite

Hybrid Divide
25th April 2004, 01:37 AM
For me it's a tossup between:
Piranah II
and
AG-Systems

But just for looks, nothing beats the Original / Feisar design. :D

Glad to see some WO64 topics for a change. :)

Riotstarter
27th September 2005, 12:06 AM
Huge fan of the 2097/XL/64 era AG Systems ships. Nice balance of speed/agility and awesome looks. Sleek flowing lines, and I like the way the nose splits into two stabilizer fins at the front. At least thats what I assume they are...or is it just me being way to into Wipeout?

edit - I really should read the date on a forum before posting :!:

G'Kyl
6th October 2005, 05:17 PM
Don't worry, Riotstarter. An early post has never stopped anyone from posting, and doing so always brings a fresh perspective on an old subject, which is good. Keep going. :)

Ben

Silverstream
6th December 2006, 11:33 AM
The Feisar ship for me. Although I'm willing to race with any of the 64 craft in multiplayer, I did complete the vast majority of the game with Feisar. Therefore, it has to be my favourite.

AG Systems would be a close second, however.

andy
6th December 2006, 03:38 PM
Qirex╚╝and pirhana╚╝ =) ╚╝

qirex-rd
26th December 2006, 02:29 PM
So - why AGS? I, for my part, never liked their crafts, to be honest.
[/quote]

Lets go into depths:
AG sys is a pioneer in WipEout history, but why are the tech specs
average? Why is the shield so low? You need to be a magician or
a "not-very-good-pilot" in WipEout to be satisfied with AG sys ships.
Why? Ill tell you: If youre 1st / 2nd whatever position in the first or
at the beginning of the 2nd round - the AI ships are going to bomb
you back into stoneage - thats the unfairness in WipEout 2052 / 2097 /
64 / Pure. Or: A little touch with the wall is counted like a missle / mines effect.
Its a semi-bug, no, its a trick of the AI / game. That sucks
especially when youre a AG sys pilot. And thats why I dont fly AG sys.
Only the russian team gives me to power I need.
Their teamweapon "the wall" is a nice feature, and also in Pure.

PIRANHA MASTER
13th April 2007, 12:53 PM
My favourite ships in WO64:
PiranhaII and AG-Systems.
And,if you want to ask to me in the other Wipeouts..
Quirex and AG-Sysems in W'O"
Piranha and Assegai in WO3
Icaras merged with Feisar(The Feisar ship in the last prototype track of WO3SE)

q_dmc12
13th April 2007, 06:24 PM
It seems Ag Sys is the favored craft of choice - I too am a fan:g