PDA

View Full Version : New 2097 record on Valparaiso!

Mano
20th April 2004, 12:11 AM
Today i met Asayyeah, Stin and Cool Lover on messenger, and it was a great honor, they are great persons!

Asayyeah broke a new record on Valparaiso TT phantom and i watched the whole race by his webcam!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o , hes an outstanding pilot!

congratulations Arnaud!, and from what i have seen i think you will be breaking that record again soon!

Asayyeah
20th April 2004, 12:19 AM
oki thx, i will give you your 100$ by Paypal :wink: , thx for the " indefectible " support you give me, but shuuuuu don't tell this to anyone!! :roll:

Asayyeah
25th April 2004, 11:42 PM
News from Odessa Keys :
i uptaded all the Sr and TT classes with new times; especially on phanthom ( - 21 sec in the sr race) and ( - 6sec) for TTrace with a new 24.4 for a lap.

:oops: Sorry Al another track ( sr&tt) i took you from XL :o

Asayyeah
27th April 2004, 02:29 AM
News from Vostok Island:
Found new method in certain curve, pitching nose up & down quite differently from other times.
So the resulting scores are quite similar to Odessa, ive smashed all my previous.

:oops: Sorry Al another track ( sr&tt) i took you from XL :o

JABBERJAW
27th April 2004, 02:31 AM
That's a nice race on vostok. I got my work cut out for me :D On odessa, are you just doing the two jump shortcuts at the end and landing on the regular part of the track?

Mano
27th April 2004, 04:34 AM
Asayyeah changes records more often than he changes underwear! :o :D ihope you dont "turbo boost" in them too LOL

G'Kyl
27th April 2004, 05:23 AM
LOL, you`re right, Mano. I can`t read as fast as Asayyeah lowers his records. :)

Ben

Asayyeah
30th April 2004, 01:13 AM
Sorry, my Webcam has parental advisory , so that when you saw me it's always with the same clothes. Wanna add i lived naked in my flat... ( tipically french way of mind)

G'kyl did you talk about lowers record....true again for Spilskinanke 3 days of working for beating Al LapTTtime: result 21.2 . But Al your race time is awesome, i am far : 3 sec, congrats, this highscore will probably stay a long time ( :) new challenge for you Mano? :P )
Ive updated also SR and rapier.
Sounds like i will enter the Sagarmatha competition to be under 1.23.0....exciting.... :P

Asayyeah
30th April 2004, 02:27 AM
Exciting oh yes :P
17.4 / 16.0 / 16.0 / 16.4 / 16.2

2097 vs XL : I like that :roll:

edit: 1 race after...
17.5 / 16.0 / 16.2 / 16.1 / 15.8

World is beautiful 8)

edit (2)......
15.7 :D

Mano
30th April 2004, 06:05 AM
Arnaud, this is getting good! :D i just updated my times, got a 1:22.1 just now, BUT look what happened: 0:17.0/ 0:16.0/ 0:16.0/0:16.0/0:17.1(ouch, yes i hit a wall on this one :evil: )

so im going try to lower my 15.8, and try to make a below 1:21.0 time, can you hear the sound of my thundering thruster, buddy? ;)

this is confirming me one thing: 1st laps seem to be definitely faster on XL, this happened on Talons, and its repeating on Sagarmatha, and i plan to use that 1st lap as much as i can ;)

i just hope i have enough time this weekend

**edit**

hmm i have a friend´s wedding this saturday... and classes that very same morning... maybe some time in between..... :-?

G'Kyl
30th April 2004, 08:49 AM
Hmm, I`ve really been trying to make up my mind about pulling that dusted Piranha out of the garage. Flying Quirex still means getting most fun out of the game (for me, anyway), but the tradeoff is that there is far less competition I can take part in. Quirex tables would be somewhat deserted if it weren`t for Lance.
Ah well, I was just thinking because I've done Spilskinanke myself, lately...

Ben

JABBERJAW
30th April 2004, 12:22 PM
I'm quite sure that xl is at least 2-4 seconds faster than 2097 on sagarmatha. But I do need to test it out. I haven't played this track in a while.

Mano
1st May 2004, 10:10 PM
HEHE, ok first some bad news, i have some troubles with my ISP so i can connect to internet from home, i will be posting a bit less frequently until i solve that problem.

the good news (specially for my friend Arnaud ;)), is that i managed to make a 15.7 secs. Sagar TT time, and a TT race time of 1:21.2 ;)

the times were: 16.7 / 15.9 / 16.1 / 16.3 / 16.2

after that good 1st lap i got a bit unfocused but still managed to make a nice 2nd lap, after that it went a little bit downhill but ok :P
I even taped the race; something i dont do often so i will try to make an mpeg movie of it and upload it somewhere, if i can contact FoxZero and if he agrees to host it, it will be great.

Al : XL 2-4 secs faster than 2097 :o !! i must be really slow then!, if its possible it would be a really wicked speed!!, the fastest im getting at the end of the lap is 420 kmph, but maybe the time gains you are thinking are somewhere else where i am making more mistakes, maybe the 90 degrees corner with uphill (thats the biggest slowdown in the track for me)

JABBERJAW
3rd May 2004, 01:45 AM
I haven't got the time to play it yet, but that 90 degree turn is where the difference is going to be between the two games. I could be wrong, but I don't think so based on other races and how much longer it takes to get up to top speed in 2097 once you go below 400. to be honest I don't know what arnaud gets around that turn at, but my 1:22.9 has no brake tapping at all, so I'm quite sure a huge improvement is possible. OH, your not slow, arnaud is just really fast.

Asayyeah
3rd May 2004, 07:07 PM
Ah Mano 15.7!! and 1.21.2 :) great result on Sagarmatha 8)
I wanna push your skill at the top, so i made a 1.20.9 : 17.3 / 15.7 / 15.8/ 15.9/ 16.2, ( 1.21.7 in SR)and also my last wipeout weekend for a while was based on Gare d'Europa which was for me the hardest track of 2097/XL, my pity 2.37 in sr was annoying me so i work hard on it ( and in the whole classes too) Result : 2.19.3 ( not bad compared to Al's time at 2.22)

Al : Thanks for congrats, but tomorrow it will be different for me... after this big updates of all of my 2097 times , i ve decided to have a break about Wipeout 'cause something important happening into my life ( see that in my topic)

Mano
6th May 2004, 06:48 AM
Youre really pushing my skills Arnaud, i manged to make a 15.6 laptime, and a 1st lap of 16.5; however i havent passed your total race time, the most i got is 1:21.1, a tenth below my older race time (weird, considering that i have both improved laptime and 1st lap), for some reason i am out of consistency, will try a bit more when i have more time, i have already spent a lot trying to pass your record Arnaud!

JABBERJAW
6th May 2004, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I saw your other topic. I had sent you an email. Congrats on the new job. I'm sure it will work out great :D

Mano
7th May 2004, 07:21 PM
16.7/ 16.1/ 16.1/ 16.0 / 15.9 = 1:20.8, just by a tenth but hey ;)

i have been very inconsistent as you can see i didnt even get anywhere near my best laptime (15.6), but im getting to know the track even better, my top speed is now 426, well at least the last time i checked, may be more now.

Lance
7th May 2004, 07:34 PM
the only way i would be able to see my top speeds would be to watch a video recording after i was done racing; is that what you guys are doing?

Asayyeah
7th May 2004, 07:51 PM
I ve broken my promise : only posting on friday night :(
But i absolutely need to congrat you for your amazing festival for Sagarmatha :D :wink:

Mano
7th May 2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks Arnaud!, how is work?, dont get too distracted! ;)

Man your record was hard to break even considering i have the first lap advantage; well anyways going into a more serious theme i hope things are going great, dont let Wipeout distract you!, play when you have time.

Lance : well i just take a peek during the race, and top speeds also come in places that you need less attention, the tradeoff is that you may end hitting the track´s wall :P but its important to know your speeds and laptimes to know what you can correct and improve(cheking laptimes REALLY distract you, specially in Sagarmatha where theres an S curve right after the laptime shows) , and its very important to do that when your experimenting race lines and techniques; sometimes when i am checking things out i dont care if im going to plant myself into a wall if it is to test a new way that improves the race ;) .

Lance
7th May 2004, 08:46 PM
but Arnaud, it iS friday night! and it's good to see you!

Mano, i need all my conscious attention for looking where i'm going. even on slower classes. i can sort of tell how i'm doing relative to previous times just by looking at how fast the scenery is moving relative to the ship, though this is a bit 'soft data' and depends on your current alertness status for its psychological 'feel'. generally i've just tried to remember what line i took on each lap and how well or badly i executed it, then look at the laptimes after the race is over. at such high speeds on rapier and phantom, the time during which one has to do no controlling seems very short, so i generally don't look at the HUD at all, though it may impinge on my subconscious attention. if i do look, i generally crash. that may be the slow reactions due to my advanced age. dunno. maybe when i get more comfortable with phantom speeds, i will be able to look, but right now, i don't even watch speed numbers on vector class. i may have to start paying attention though, if i can. maybe i'll have to resort to videotape replay analysis.

G'Kyl
7th May 2004, 09:11 PM
Mano and everyone else concerned: Do you really LOOK DOWN to the speed indicator t get a clear idea of how fast you are going? I found it enough to leave the eyes right on the track but kinda focus on the lower right HUD reading. For me that's possible without really looking away.
Lance: Seems to me that your skill in staying at the ideal line far outdoes any bonus you would get from knowing your speed, anyway.

Hmmm, honestly, I usually don't care much for the speedmeter. I thought I'd get a good idea about where I may have lost some mph and which driving style lets the ship go faster. Maybe I should think again. ;)

Mano
7th May 2004, 10:56 PM
Even getting your focus out can lead to a crash, panoramic vision doesnt give you enough detail in the extreme sides to make out the data quickly, specially lap times, also thinknig about what you could have done or what you can improve diverts attention and unfocuses you from the actual race.

But yeah, for the speed meter you dont need to move your eyes, but the results can be the same.

Lance
7th May 2004, 11:59 PM
this whole discussiion between Mano, Al, and Arnaud has centered around getting and sustaining maximum possible speed. it seems to be working for them. ;) i just don't think i can do it that way. lately i've just been trying to find the line that's the shortest and smoothest, keeping right to it without overcontrolling. i hardly even pay attention in any but a very few places on all the tracks [coff *odessa keys* coff] put together to pitch and bottoming-out. but i don't drive phantom much

G'Kyl
8th May 2004, 08:00 AM
You're right, Mano. The best way to drive is to test theories, try different lines and watch the speed-meter for many laps - and THEN go on record hunting. This at least is how it works for me. I am able to do fast laps and races only when I rely almost entirely on instinct.

Ben