PDA

View Full Version : EDGE Magazine Auction - dunno if you guys are interested....

Nick Burcombe
14th April 2004, 04:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4203258559&category=64800

I'm selling my Wipeout 3 Edition of Edge magazine. The one with the tracer sheet cover - I presume all of you guy have it already, but I thought I'd offer it up here.

Hope that hasn't broken any rules

Nick Burcombe

zargz
14th April 2004, 05:48 PM
y u sellin it man? :o
u need 10£ that bad? :roll: :P

Piranha Advancements
14th April 2004, 06:48 PM
Hey,if he has like 9 more spare copies left to spare..

Asayyeah
14th April 2004, 06:55 PM
Why don't you rather make a present of this magazine to the french foundation i rule called ( " restore hope for those who cannot use their Neg-Con because of their broken fingers") :wink:

G'Kyl
14th April 2004, 08:47 PM
Drat, why just wouldn't you ship to Germany? *deep saaad sigh*
;)

Ben

stin
15th April 2004, 03:42 PM
:o twenty one quid!!!! :o eighteen hours to go! :o if you got a spare magazine? please let me know :wink: hint :wink: :roll:

stin :D

yuusen
15th April 2004, 05:05 PM

looks like someone outbid me by a quid there.
*trots over to ebay*

¥

yuusen
16th April 2004, 08:21 PM

looks like djbats pipped me by one pound while i was at work (a dirty trick to pull ;)). congratulations, maybe youll let me have a read after you yeah?

¥

Hybrid Divide
16th April 2004, 10:47 PM
Whoever wins this: I hope you have a scanner! :D

stin
16th April 2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah £36!!!! :o :o :o which is alot of money over a magazine!!!!!! :o :o :o then maybe worth about a £4 or maybe less!! so I was gonna bid about £12 and I looked at the latest price!! well :o forget it! :o :cry:

stin :(

djb
16th April 2004, 11:21 PM
hehe sorry yuuusen, im im an ebay addict and h@e to lose a bid! i was on holiday when this issue was released , so i never thought id see it!, guess i was wrong, can i just ask how many people would like a colour copy of the article? im a printer by trade, and have access to some machinery, while the boss isnt looking of course! hehe, once again apologies to fellow bidders :wink:

Nick Burcombe
18th April 2004, 07:51 PM
It surprised me and the family by going for £37 inc P&P.

I'm not selling the Wipeout and Wipeout2097 ones though. I thought I could make a few quid on the wipeout 3 one - mainly coz it's not my game, but I never expected it to go for that much.

Ace! :)

Might sign my 'EDGE - NuGame Culture' one and stick that on there :)
LOL. Maybe not - mayb I'll keep tight hold :)

Take care guys

nick

Lance
18th April 2004, 08:10 PM
you take care, too, Nick. i hope things are going well for you.

i'd also be happy to see a new game from you! :)
any chance of that happening in the next year?

yuusen
19th April 2004, 06:39 PM

apologies to fellow bidders

much accepted, djb, but theres really no need. all is fair in love and ebay.

however...

im im an ebay addict and h@e to lose a bid!

... i wish i had this knowledge while bidding – i'd have ramped up my bids a lot more! :wink:
--
i'd love a photocopy! two please, one of the cover with the graphic slip over it and one with it without the graphic slip. ill email my ground address to you. cheers!
--
enjoy the magazine!

¥

Wiseman
3rd May 2004, 05:40 AM
i'd also be happy to see a new game from you!
any chance of that happening in the next year?Studio 33 or EA hasn't even announced a new game yet, so I somehow doubt it.

AmishRobot
13th May 2004, 05:13 AM
I have that issue. Seems like a great way to test my new scanner, but I have nowhere to post them. You interested, infox?

Hybrid Divide
13th May 2004, 05:15 AM
try www.1asphost.com

that might work. :D

AmishRobot
13th May 2004, 05:23 AM
Thanks, Vagrant Logic. I'll check it out. I need some hosting anyway, so I can start participating in Fark.com photoshop contests. :) You'd think my $40/month SBC DSL account would include some hosting service, but nooooo...

I'll try and get it scanned this weekend. I'm updating my system then however, so no guarantees.

Nick Burcombe
1st July 2004, 08:47 AM
you take care, too, Nick. i hope things are going well for you.

i'd also be happy to see a new game from you! :)
any chance of that happening in the next year?

Yes - I'm back at Sony and I'll be working on Formula 1 2005 and 2006 as far as I know.

Nick

Lance
1st July 2004, 11:04 AM
w00t!

i wish you were still working for yourself, though. hope you enjoy the new projects. make 'em good. great, even

xEik
1st July 2004, 11:24 AM
Yes - I'm back at Sony...

They should make you "Senior Advisor" for WipEout Pure. Just to give a hint here, a suggestion there... You know, to help get the overall feeling we, hardened wipers, love. ;)

Nick Burcombe
16th July 2004, 08:19 AM
>>They should make you "Senior Advisor" for WipEout Pure

Nah, it's not fair on the designers working on it if I just show up after 5 years away and start advising - I give them feedback when they ask for it. From what I've seen, they're a good bunch of guys and they're making something really cool. I can't wait to be sat on the train or something and join a wireless network match and batter some complete strangers into submission. I think the PSP rocks in a BIG way. Can't wait.

Nick

xEik
16th July 2004, 08:29 AM
You have a valid point. It is good though that they are able to request your feedback if they so wish. :D