PDA

View Full Version : jmoid's rare Wipeout 3 cd compo

infoxicated
25th February 2002, 02:34 PM
To divert your attention away from jmoid's pending broadband connection and the threat of blatant piracy, I have managed to get hold of some copies of the cd.

If you'd like to be in with a chance of winning one of these "rare as hen's teath" disc's, look out for the mini competition that will be appearing on the front of the site in the coming days :smile:

You wont have to design any wallpaper or beat Al Sartwell into the ground, oh no!

But you'll have to be in it to win it. Well, one anyway.

Confusion
25th February 2002, 04:29 PM
is this the original Wipeout 3? If it is then I could get about 3 or 4 copies (not platinum ranged ones... OG copies mate). The local newsagent is selling it for £7.

Bloody bargain.

jmoid
25th February 2002, 05:41 PM
cheers rob, you saved me from imminent court
proceedings :smile:

AmigoJack
25th February 2002, 06:38 PM
simply great ;-)

jmoid
25th February 2002, 06:41 PM
On 2002-02-25 17:29, Confusion wrote:
is this the original Wipeout 3? If it is then I could get about 3 or 4 copies (not platinum ranged ones... OG copies mate). The local newsagent is selling it for £7.

Smegin' bargain.

it is indeed a bargian! but i think infoxx means this
simply great :smile:

Wamdue
25th February 2002, 09:49 PM
yes!! I was waiting for another competition to come up! btw, when are those wallies coming up? im very curious about nuworlds and the others submissions :smile:

jmoid, your site is hilarious! I just love that 3d thing you got with and interview!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wamdue on 2002-02-25 22:57 ]</font>

Lance
25th February 2002, 11:10 PM
i'm very curious about where Nuwie has got to!

infoxicated
26th February 2002, 08:58 AM
The wallpaper will come when I've thumbnailed it all. I have next to no time this week as I'm working really hard on stuff at, erm... work.

After writing a k-lock* of code a day I don't really feel like using the computer when I get home.

*k-lock : a term used by IBM programmers in the early 80's to describe a 1000 lines of code. As in, standing at the vending machine "Jees, I've earned this Twinkie - I just knocked out a k-lock this morning!"

Sadly when Sun Microsystems programmers pointed out that with better practices they could do in 50 lines of code what IBM programmers had been doing in 1000, the term faded from existance. It was no longer appropriate to boast about the size, it's more what you do with it.

Such is life!

AmigoJack
26th February 2002, 10:50 AM
absolutely - and thats why programmers shouldnt get their money for the lines of sourcecode they type :grin:

Lance
26th February 2002, 01:32 PM
i have this suspicion that MicroSoft programmers are paid by the line, by the number of vulnerable access holes, and the difficulty of uninstall. [MS probably pay bonuses for that last one.]

[this biased reportage brought to you courtesy of Lance's cheesed-off computer.]
:reddevil

jmoid
26th February 2002, 06:43 PM
On 2002-02-25 22:49, Wamdue wrote:
jmoid, your site is hilarious! I just love that 3d thing you got with and interview!

thanks dude! :smile: that's much appreciated! i'll be updating it soon.