PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we make movies about Wipeout fusion?

will jenkins
19th February 2004, 11:56 AM
What do you think about that?I am a movie maker and I always dream to tell some short stories on my favourite game.We can put it on this website.And sorry for my english if i commited some mistakes!

Shem
19th February 2004, 02:23 PM
The idea itself is OK, especially if you're talking about making short movies.
Why do I think so? Becouse making a casual movie about racing would be boring as hell.
Then, you'd have to put some extra plots to the film, and eventually change the title to "The Days Of Thunder 2097".. :wink:
But I ilke the idea, really...

Task
19th February 2004, 09:12 PM
Glancing at that quickly, I thought you were planning on making a documentary.
"The Days Of Thruster2097"

I think it's really best for all concerned that such ideas never be entertained. 8 D

Lance
19th February 2004, 09:36 PM
oh, i dunno, the life of a crazed, insane, irrational, freakishly obsessed English owner of imported game consoles and imported videogames might be quite interesting. sort of represent all of us by proxy, sorta.
;) :)

science
19th February 2004, 11:21 PM
I've always had movie ideas floating around in the back of my head for a Wipeout movie. If done right, it could be cool as hell!

will jenkins
21st February 2004, 11:33 AM
I know that.Each movie on race is always boring, but i think about something new.In fact,it will be more a visual experience. With musics as Kittens or banstyle from Underworld, I imagine it will be a trip.Of course we can imagine some movies with a story,but i know that it's not interesting.The goal must stay the same pleasure we can have when you play at wipeout fusion,this feeling of speed (which is so good!) but in a position where you are the audience.

will jenkins
21st February 2004, 11:57 AM
I learn to use some 3-d softwares,my best friend works in video games industry sometimes as an animator.He is a great fan of this game too.We started to modelize some ships and circuits.And it's very cool to do it!The results enjoy us.We render some shorts shoot for the moment.

Asayyeah
21st February 2004, 04:08 PM
Salut Will, wellcome on the board.It's good to see french on the forums. Hope you enjoy here.
Petit conseil, c'est préférable d'éditer ses posts plutôt que de les enchainer les uns au dessous des autres. Je suis passer par lÃ* , donc...
Sinon ton idée est excellente, continue

hoipexn
14th January 2005, 03:01 PM
Why not make a WipeOut movie? They're planning a Tekken movie aswell.....
With all the CG graphics these days it could be really cool if they'd shoot from inside the cockpit for the ultraliveadrenalinerush!

It should've been ready for the WO Pure release on the PSP, but it's fine by me if they'd have one ready with the release of the PS3 (and new WO game for that console)!!!

piranha wiper
14th January 2005, 04:21 PM
ooh this all sounds good, but most of it would take an age to create all the cg's or you could do it star wars style, and get a mirrow and stick it under a home made ag craft, a tekken movie where did you find this?

hoipexn
14th January 2005, 04:53 PM
CG creation isn't that hard anymore, just look at the amount of CG in LOTR3 or Final Fantasy Advent Children .......
Tekken the movie talk you can find at www.tekkenzaibatsu.com !!!

Chill
14th January 2005, 05:35 PM
Ha!!! I like the little icon of Jin Kazama. It reminds me of a little mad kid, ready to kick a tantrum and second.
--
I thought of a WipeOut movie many times before, but I thought of it as something unbelievable. You don't get rushes watching others race as you do in action yourself! So I didn't think of it too much. It could be much like Star Wars. Not only would there be fights through racing, but also other things as well (which could open a whole new expansion on WipeOut games, leading to tones of controversy over "losing other styles of WipeOut art to one thing"). If you wan't a movie, I just think it would be better to make a story based-game, but it would help the WipeOut gaming industry out very much indeed. It could become so much more popular (like Harry Potter or The Series of Unfortunate Events). Not to dismember the idea or anything, but I would like the movie more for the expansion of other WipeOut gamers than the movie in general, but it ought to be good for those unknown to WipeOut to direct there attention towards the game. This would expand the production of WipeOut things, making me very happy!!!! :D

G'Kyl
14th January 2005, 05:51 PM
I too don't think a theoretical Wipeout movie holds that much potential ot be interesting. What I could imagine, though, if to have racers from various racing games fight each other. Sort of like these Star Wars vs. Star Trek vs. Babylon 5 vs. whatever movies. Would be fun to see the Piranha crash a dozen Extreme-G machine and overlapping the entire F-Zero field twice. ;)

Ben

Lance
14th January 2005, 06:24 PM
[wonders about ''tones of controversy''. perhaps they are subtle variations of dialectic? :) ]

DuraFlex
14th January 2005, 06:51 PM
I had some ideas for a wipeout movie like imagine sitting in the cockpit, the crowd goes wild, slowly the windshield closes and the sound of the crowd fades to a silent but still noticable background noise. The track lights go on, the anouncers yell from excitement, the adrenaline rises and then BOOM ...

This could be some good stuff for a movie, but I dont think you can make a whole movie out of a game like this. Maybe this type of stuff (what racing means today, the atmosphere that makes it cool nowadays projected in the wipeout universe) can be used to make a fanbased movie or even in the game itself. Its things that we see today in racing that I sort of miss in wipeout, like the slow motion replays where you see cars drifting trough corners ect.

Maybe (hopefully) there will be more "universe" added to this series, although there is allready a lot of extra work in it.

Dimension
14th January 2005, 07:40 PM
doesn't have to particularly be a single movie if you're looking at it that way, possibly a series of short films, each dedicated to a racing event and all that goes on behind the scenes making up an entire season. Just an idea.

hoipexn
14th January 2005, 10:02 PM
I was thinking about a storybased movie too, just racing won't do it for the mainstream audience. Just watch "Michel Vaillant" and you know what kind of story line I have in mind...

Begin the movie in 2025 or something like that and introduce the audience to theinvention of AG systems. Then go to the founding of AG racing and introduce the various teams.
After 15 minutes start the movie with the maincharacters (I don't know what the most important team in the series is.... Feisar? ) and start the racing season from there.

Shoot the races in the beautiful Wipeout scenery and you'll have the crowd go crazy with all them loopings and thrusting! 8)

btw. isn't there already an official storyline for a Wipeout game? Maybe you could hang on to that....... :idea:

phantom
1st September 2005, 02:17 PM
i think it would be a good idea
(by the way, the tekken movie will have nothing to do with konami, so all the characters names will be changed, and the title cannot have "the tournament of iron fist" or "tekken" in it)
but if we had a good enough movie creator, and i talked to my friend, i could make a very low budget (i mean VERY low) wipeout movie.

piranha wiper
1st September 2005, 04:58 PM
it shouldnt have anything to do with konami anyway coz it was made by namco :D