PDA

View Full Version : New Records

JABBERJAW
31st January 2004, 05:15 AM
I have posted a bunch of new times. If my times are funky(lap for racetime, or feisar as the ship I used) I did not cheat, I was just posting off a list on a piece of paper and might have gotten messed up. Just drop a note telling me if I made a mistake. I think they are in order though, but I did not check them.

Mano
31st January 2004, 05:55 AM
Great times on the ntsc XL tables Al, did you manage to master Assayeah´s technique?, i really want to use my negcon but as i dont have my psx anymore i cant use my negcon on epsxe as it doesnt support it :P im actually playing d pad for the moment

Lance
31st January 2004, 06:14 AM
Al, you need to put up all the lap times as well as the race times; some of them are missing

JABBERJAW
31st January 2004, 06:24 AM
None of those times are using his technique, so if it works on xl then there is a lot of room for improvement. I tried his technique on xl to no avail so far, but I am rusty. I don't think I'm doing it quite right. I'm not sure how hard to tap the brakes, I'm sliding alot and am not sure when to use the pitch with this technique. I need to see a video to get it. I don't know what my best lap times are, I would have to look through my whole tape to find them, but as soon as I get this technique down, I will enter them. Unless of course I get bored and go through the tape.

Lance
31st January 2004, 07:35 AM
is there anything that would prevent you from using both tape and a memory card?

if you haven't got this brake tapping technique partly working already, i'm sure i wouldn't be able to do it in a million years.

JABBERJAW
31st January 2004, 02:34 PM
No, it's just that I didn't always save it to memory card in the past. I think the brake tapping is a rythm thing. I'm just not able to keep top speed in particular areas. I need to see exactly how it was done (how often brakes are tapped and exactly where, and when pitch control is used)

Lance
31st January 2004, 03:18 PM
ah, so these are, for at least the most part, old times. any current ones in the group you posted yesterday?

and btw, they're very impressive :)

JABBERJAW
31st January 2004, 03:38 PM
I got 3 times from the dj techno contest.. I actually have a 2:11 or so on vostok Time trial but need to look at the tape for the exact time. Probably today.

Wiseman
8th February 2004, 04:33 AM
Woooo, nice times Al. 8)

Just a curious Q, did you use turbo scraping to get any of your Wipeout 3 times? Just so I know whether I can bother trying to squeeze the gap between any of them or not.