PDA

View Full Version : Presentation

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 01:43 AM
Hi to all

I'd like to introduce myself: My real nickname is asayyeah... but i can't log in in the forum section so i choose this one ( old asayyeah) to do it.

First of all i would greet all the old players i met few times ago on this site, on the fusion forum. I hooked on zone mode for those who know me but my first wipeout was the 2097 pal version in 1996.

I've played many years with a friend called sleh-003 with i-link cable. We've bought 2 Neg-con ( btw ,now it's my fourth neg-con since 1996 ! )

Dear Al, when you 've written me 2 years ago for asking me a videotape for my 14.8, i didn't take you seriously so that i didn't't answer you. But now it's different there's a new time table league for the 2097 Pal and i should prouve my times. No worry I don't have a videorecorder but i have many pictures and videofolders showing sleh-003 and me in many i-links races with many good times.
Btw Al , i never use a D-pad for my records only a Neg-con but on the left side of the Neg-con, there's a controller pad which is useful for controlling the up and down ; probably you make a misunderstandig about that,... Apologize to me for my bad english.

Concerning the way to increase speed with the piranha in phanthom mode :
The maximum speed of Piranha without hitting boost is 344 Kph , the maximum is 492 Kph if you go faster (after a jump for instance) you go down immediately at 392Kph.
By hitting boost you often cross the 400 kph line everybody knows or do that. My technique is new if you quickly alternate right and left with airbrakes in an harmonious way, you increase your speed each kph by each kph moreover if you do this when you cross a boost you increase your speed 20kph to 25kph more.
That's the reason why you can make time such that
Ex : Talon's reach with the piranha to achieve 15.0 sec for a lap the minimum speed during the lap is 440 kph even in the tunnel section..

Sorry for those precisions but i think it's useful for everybody who didn't really know me.

What else to say?
At this time i didn't own any console only my pc but times to times i borrow a friend 's psx and have adrenaline rush on it.
I 've many health problems so that i didn't work , i didn't post very much but when i feel better i kick my 'english ass' and i write again, often in the french forum and barely on the wipeoutfusion board (the official site for W.F.ps2) but i was forgotten this W3out fan site with his legend Al Sartwell/Zoolander. I'm not a W3out fan, i've finished it but the reaction of handling was quite different from the smooth handling of the 2097.
The special edition was sold everywhere in europe except in France ( The French Exception!) so i didn't have it.
Recently Al send me an e-mail wonderind my records on the 2097 pal . Yesterday i answer him with times and 3 pictures i took by my webcam on Talon's reach with my piranha ; 2 pictures with a race time of 1.25.2 not very impressive but there's a 14.7 lap !The last one i hit the last corner of my 5th lap i take a shoot just after i hit the wall and you can see lap 1 : 16.9 lap 2: : 15.0 lap 3 : 15.0 lap 4 : 15.0 ( i 've craked under the pressure at lap 5...)
I also thought to check this forum and i saw people talking a few about me ( 8) De Niro' 8) way: Are you talking to me :evil: ).
Respect Lunar to take my defense. I'm not surprised : on the wipeoutfusion board you was respected by everyone. Thx sir :wink:

I update my times on the 2097 European version league . I took my piranha's times for the time trial but for the single race if you mean with all opponents + weapons on, i took the auricom's times
I've really worked on rapier and phanthom mode.

I'm open for all comments.
Greetings.
Asayyeah...

JABBERJAW
30th January 2004, 02:52 AM
thanks for sending those pictures. Quick question, do you cut off part of the turn on the first downhill. And how quickly between each tappiing each airbrake. Did you get all your records on playstation or the pc. I would assume playstation because of the negcon but there could be an adaptor for the pc.

Spunky
30th January 2004, 05:50 AM
What an interesting way of getting good times.
Would you be listing your times that you acheived like that in the tables or would you list any normal times.
In my mind thats not quite honest flying, but then again if you find a glitch like that people are going to use it.
Found one like that in FF7, where you could have unlimited items.

Spunky

JABBERJAW
30th January 2004, 12:12 PM
this technique is wipeout xl's turbo scrape. There must be a reason it's faster. I'm going to try this tonight on xl and 2097

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 03:42 PM
Quick question, do you cut off part of the turn on the first downhill. And how quickly between each tappiing each airbrake. Did you get all your records on playstation or the pc. I would assume playstation because of the negcon but there could be an adaptor for the pc.

With the pirahna on talon's reach i didn't cut off part of the turn on the first downhill. It's possible but you lose time if you want to cut you need to ' up' your craft and you lose speed doing this.
Less than 1 sec between each airbrake.
I've got all my records on ps, i didn't have the pc version, i search it
2 years ago, i saw in a japanese site a 'Neg-con- like' for pc: wireless and black, she's was wonderful.

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 04:20 PM
What an interesting way of getting good times.
Would you be listing your times that you acheived like that in the tables or would you list any normal times.
Spunky

Sorry but i don't really understand you request.
If you mean that this technique is a cheat or smthing like that (like unlimited items in FF7) i answer no.

As a matter of fact How i find this technique only useful for the pirahna? It's simple, it's probably due to the calibration of my Neg-Con, when Al told me that he sets 47 for his radius turn, i was surprised a lot; mine : 5/0/6 ( radius maxi 5; center=0; up 0 or 6 maxi), smtimes i set 0/0/0 and it works well because with those type of set, the direction will be controlled by hitting the airbrakes, i find this more precise to control the shift, so i discover when you sometimes cross a the side of a boost and you have hit the airbrake you increase your speed 20kph more. That's all and i know it's not a cheat technique and it's not a bug too, since 1996 i discover lots of things about this game.

Sorry spunky but smtimes you think it's unpossible to reach or beat smthg but truly it's possible.
Just an ex for Wipeout fusion, the designer republic had limited the score of the zone mode to 4 billions points on each the 10 area, they were thinking that nobody can cross this line. They made a mistake, many players cross this line.

Lance
30th January 2004, 04:40 PM
hello, Assayeh, welcome to the WipeoutZone. :)
that's an interesting technique. too bad i don't have a NeGcon. oh, well. that's okay.

just to set the record straight:
by ''designer republic'', you mean Sony Studio Liverpool. the Designer's Republic did not work on Wipeout Fusion, and is only a designer of auxiliary graphics for those games they did work on. all the basic game design and mechanics of the Wipeout games have been done by Studio Liverpool or Studio Leeds [for WO3 only], which i heard does not exist anymore

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 04:50 PM
[quote="Lance"].
hello, Assayeh, welcome to the WipeoutZone. :)

Hi Lance. Apologize to me for my mistake i mean studio liverpool.
Concerning the controller: there's nobody in Florida who can give his own Neg-Con to Lance for a test ? :D

I'm sure you will increase your adrenaline level :wink:

Lance
30th January 2004, 05:03 PM
no problem. i'm just a p3rfectionist about some things.

--------

i don't think there's even one other active wipeoutzone member in the whole state of Florida, much less in the town where i live. and besides, i liKe the d-pad! :D

i don't think my ancient body can stand too much adrenaline. i probably ought to be cultivating the laid-back relaxed smooth and easy zen approach to race driving. ;)

Spunky
30th January 2004, 06:24 PM
So you steer not with the twist but with the airbrakes instead.
Having the steering set to almost nothing wouldn't that net you the same result?
Or as I've found out make it uncontrollable.
But it's still an interesting way to get times.

Do you do this only for turns and the odd turbo pad?
Damn you!! You stole my spots in the tables!! Damn you!!

The above is meant in good fun.
I knew that they would fall.
Spunky

Shinji Ikari
30th January 2004, 07:55 PM
I tried this "tap the air brakes" thing... it gives some sort of boost but it's faaaaar from giving the possibility to achieve such times with an auricom... that's just ridicolous...

it doesn't take a genius to do some photos and retouch them... also I don't see why this guy didn't put his real name and surname like everybody else did...

sorry but I stick with the guy that wanted a video proof of that...

and to me that things stays half between cheating and a game bug...
not my cup of tea for sure...

ps meanwhile I submitted a couple of new records with my trusty AG Systems

yuusen
30th January 2004, 08:49 PM

yes thats an interesting method of steering for sure. it sounds like old asayyeah really knows where to start the turns to achieve the tightest lines.

i know for a fact that in formula one racing, it is best pratice to reach your optimum racing lock for each corner as quickly as possible. obviously, with tyres being friction dependant and formula one being raced within real world physics, there needs to be some degree of smoothness in the steering. however, wipeout is a game based around fictional physics and i have no doubt that an instant-full-lock steering method would give an experienced pilot a speed advantage.

i personally find that, as my times get better, my racing style begins to be made up more and more of consecutive straight lines; especially, i remember, on talons reach; at least for the corners that i dont need to steer for a longish period of time on. therefore, to me, instant-full-lock (neGcon on most sensitive setting) sounds like a highly feasible rcing method.

i do agree that screenshots can be doctored, i know i could doctor mine in a few minutes in photoshop. if the pilot under scrutiny wishes to show videos, then let them. however, mistrusting someones results without seeing HARD HARD evidence seems to place the pilot under somewhat of a trial situation. mistrust also throws the honour system into question as it takes both parties to be honest and trusting with eachother to work.

if the pilot has given away what seem to be very rarely known techniques at the risk of losing their place in the rankings once others have practised said techniques towards the level of skill of the originator, then i guess they may have nothing to hide.

mind you, they could be bluffing. (sorry, this thread is too fun to conclude to definitely :wink: )

¥

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 08:58 PM
So you steer not with the twist but with the airbrakes instead.

Spunky

I continue to steer with the twist because you are obliged but just a few. By hitting the airbrakes it gives me stability.
I do this especially to gain speed with the turbo pads in the phantom mode only with pirahna.

Damn you!! You stole my spots in the tables!! Damn you!!

I've already heard that from an australian player ( haven't i oggob?) for the fusion zone mode!! :P

Shinji Ikari
30th January 2004, 09:17 PM
for YUUSEN

it's a sword with 2 blade...

sharper the corner=the greater the velocity loss
when I do a NARROW curve I see my thrust going down a lot

longer corner=smaller loss of speed

but sharper turns last less than long curves so the biggest velocity loss is "multiplied" for a shorter period... for me the optimum is somewhere in between...
autopilot often chooses the longest trajectory possible... but maybe it's not the best thing to do...

said this, I never used a neGcon and it probably allows to do sharp turns without using air brakes that are the main cause of speed loss...

about trusting asayyeah, science fiction is hard to trust...
those times with an auricom are far better than a very good perfect lap... really too much I'd say... Also considering that you have to care to this tapping thing in addition to your ship, opponents, the track, "missile, missile!" "mines!" "your energy's low" etc etc

Also, I find it suspicious, if not pretentious, that he din't use his real name when everybody of us common mortal did...

Anyway, such outstanding records would need some indeniable proof...
Can't wait to see a tape of that tecnique used at its best, so that we all can learn...

yuusen
30th January 2004, 09:28 PM

thanks shinji, i enjoyed that response. :D

¥

Shinji Ikari
30th January 2004, 09:44 PM

thanks shinji, i enjoyed that response. :D

¥

you're welocme...

also, the way AG Ship work makes difficult to try and calculate thrust and stuff...

their acceleration is difficult to predict since they have no gears like cars and stuff...

for the same reason it's hard to tell how much the tapping technique can influence speed...

and having 440kmh as minimum speed on the track... well I REALLY have to see that with my very own eyes to believe it... I'm not a great pilot since I can't even drive a piranha properly, but for sure I'm expert enough to understand others ship limits and that it's frankly beyond possible as far as I know...

I'll be glad to see video tapes of that... and I don't see why assyyeah shouldn't give us more prooves since he seems to be so in love with being the best AG pilot on earth...

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 09:52 PM
I tried this "tap the air brakes" thing... it gives some sort of boost but it's faaaaar from giving the possibility to achieve such times with an auricom... that's just ridicolous...

I think you didn't understand what i wrote so i repeat again: this technique works with the pirahna at the phantom mode.

For the other things you say i don't really care. If you believe in me or not, i've spent about 8 years playing that game and it's not the first time smo tells me it's not possible to achieve those times blablabla you are a cheater blablabla and i'am sure it won't be finish in the future. But really it takes a great pleasure to me just only playing, what the others can think about me.... :roll:

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 10:18 PM

yes thats an interesting method of steering for sure. ¥
Thanks for that technical approach yuuusen, thanks also for not judging me. You see sharing advices , way of steering etc... it's not strange for me, if you have an information you should share it. For instance in the Uk forum from fusion : Lunar, Hellfire, me or Oggob help others people to reach highest zone. It's our way of thinking.

For the top ranking i'm not scared, if smo does better than me i will congratulate him.

For the video, i've got 1,3Go of my last night i spent with a friend playing 2097 with i-link, so for the proof there is. I use my webcam to film sequences, it's not particulary clear but you can see the speed, the times, and my technique.

stin
30th January 2004, 10:30 PM
Interesting thing is .................have you got it yet? (It is PAL mind and you can get it through Ebay or I can get it for you(if you want))

I can assure you, you will love it!!

stin :)

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 10:33 PM
he seems to be so in love with being the best AG pilot on earth...

Really i don't care to be the one, i prefer to be one of the ...( understood the difference), i think you are a little bit rude with me, you don't know me as well.
i don't want you know my real name and adress, Al sartwell knows my adress and real name. That's enough, i can put my trust in him he is a wellknown recordman, you ? i don't know you.

TYSON
30th January 2004, 10:34 PM
Hi Asayyeah!
It's great to see you here to talk about these amazing times you have, the first thing I need to do is appoligise to you for calling you a liar, I'm sure you can understand from a person's point of view (using a D Pad) that these times would seem impossible. If your in the process of proving these times, then thankyou, that's very good of you.

I feel I've reached the limit of this track at 1:23.2 (lap 16.0), I'm using a D - Pad, & from reading the posts here at wipeoutzone it looks like I'm only behind Negcon users. To be honest Al's time of 1:20 sounds crazy to me, On the first lap the best I can do is 17.2 or something, so even if I got another 4 awesome laps I still wouldn't get around the 1:20. I need a damned Negcon!!! lol

Asayyeah, thanks for the technical details that you provided, they were very good, also I feel that the only way you can clear your name is to "give up" this brake turbo technique in a video documentation. Personally I'm disapointed to hear that such a technique exists, it leaves to many players behind & only indicates the level at which a player can harness the technique in question & not necessarily raw skill.

I'm sure that with you 8 years of playing this game that your times are the peak of achievement anyway & I doubt anyone will beat them.

:wink:

Shinji Ikari
30th January 2004, 10:36 PM
I just think that I've had the most rational reaction possible...

if someone told you that there's a woman that can run the 100 meters dash in 6 seconds would you believe her?

also, if THAT technique of yours works with piranha why your unbeliavable records are achieved with auricom?

anyway if there's a movie or something it would be good to see it...

I didn't mean to be offensive to asayyeah (even if I find quite irritating the fact that he didn't use his real name, now reply about this on your next post s'il vous plait monsieur!)
but between being a dumb believer and being suspicious I prefer being suspiscious even if that can bring me to be some kind of nasty...[/i]

stin
30th January 2004, 10:40 PM
I feel I've reached the limit of this track at 1:23.2 (lap 16.0), I'm using a D - Pad, & from reading the posts here at wipeoutzone it looks like I'm only behind Negcon users. To be honest Al's time of 1:20 sounds crazy to me, On the first lap the best I can do is 17.2 or something, so even if I got another 4 awesome laps I still wouldn't get around the 1:20. I need a damned Negcon!!! lol

Funny you said that and NOW I`m thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

stin :evil:

Shinji Ikari
30th January 2004, 10:40 PM
[quote=Shinji Ikari]
i don't know you.

I'm not the fastest guy on earth but my records are 100% genuine, with AG systems and I don't have a neGcon yet...

I can make a tape of them as soon as I finish my Uni exams (9th february) and send it to some "famous" and expert member of this forum...

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 10:44 PM
I can assure you, you will love it!!

stin :)

Hello stindah, i remember you from the fusionboard, nice to see some wellknown nickname.

I made an offer 1 years ago on e-bay but smo pay more than me .
I search again the SE even i didn't have any console now, but it's not a problem my friend sleh-003 gives me time to time his psx.
So if you can find an original for me(not a crack one) you will explain to me how can i pay you because i would like to have it. I email you my adress and name.
Thx for that Stin.

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 10:57 PM
I didn't mean to be offensive to asayyeah (even if I find quite irritating the fact that he didn't use his real name, now reply about this on your next post s'il vous plait monsieur!)
but between being a dumb believer and being suspicious I prefer being suspiscious even if that can bring me to be some kind of nasty...[/i]

If you have got a probleme with asayyeah you can call me Arnaud (my real first name) :)

Concerning suspicious No offense for that, it's normal. To leave the doubt i 'd like help from people : i have got 10 videofolders for a result of 1,3Go, i can put one of this folder (100Mb) on the net and you can dowload it BUT i didn't have my own site, and i'm not a pro with icq and ftp.

Suggestions for that?

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 11:10 PM
I feel I've reached the limit of this track at 1:23.2 (lap 16.0), I'm using a D - Pad
1.23.2 +16.0 with D-pad great result!! It's a shame you don't have any Neg-Con, otherwise i assure you that you will be less than 16.

TYSON
30th January 2004, 11:12 PM
Hi Stin,
What are you thinking about? getting a negcon as well? Sorry i didn't get what you were saying.

Hi asayyeah,
Yes I was very happy with my time, I achieved it 5 years ago when i was 17, I'm a better pilot now & I didn't have much trouble getting another 1:23 recently, it's almost impossible to get a sub 16 with a d pad, as every little "tap" (movement) looses about 5km! not good if you want more speed. It's nice to see you understand the differences between the negcon & D Pad.

If there is someone that can help Asayyeah with his video, i think we would all apreciate it. I think compressing it into DIVX format would be the best option.

One last thing, the best way to capture a movie of a video game is to use your video recorder NOT a camcorder. Plug your AV cables into the video recorder & change to AV channel OR, plug your video recorder into your TV's AV OUT plugs, hit record & play the game. The video recorder should record what ever is on screen.

TYSON
30th January 2004, 11:43 PM
Just looked through those updated Time Trial times (2097), lol, I remember spending ages on Spilskinanke dreaming of acheiving a 21 lap... looks like it's been achieved... that's just awesome.

On D- Pad i got 2:02, with 23.1 lap (Phantom), I can only dream of getting a sub 2min!!! lol

I would LOVE to see this performance on video, would definetly make my day.

There aint no one who'll beat these times, this technique, i gotta have! lol
Cheers

Tyson :wink:

Asayyeah
30th January 2004, 11:47 PM
To Spunky

also, if THAT technique of yours works with piranha why your unbeliavable records are achieved with auricom?

...[/i]

Ok i understand what you mean, i'll try to explain myself:
I don't have any memory card( except the one for ps2 ) but i ve wrotten all my 2097 records on paper since 8 years on each race, each level and each craft, i've only lost the Qirex times.
For the feisar, ag, auricom,qirex, i never play Time Trial, so the times i have done with those crafts are only Single Race, but for the pirahna i didn't make a difference between my SR and TT times, so i put for TT my pirahna's time and for SR the best times i found between the 3 ships time who left me.
I only remember the time i made on Talon's reach with the pirahna Phantom mode Single race: 1.16.9 best race, 14.7 best lap.
In the future i will update the SR mode with new Pirahna times

Is it a good answer?

Shinji Ikari
31st January 2004, 12:03 AM
Suggestions for that?

while you've spent last 8 years playing wipeout the World went on and there are now 2 brand new inventions:

1- CD writers: you can put whatever you want on an empty CD!

2- Mail: you can send whatever you want to whoever you want! CDs included!

okay, forgive sarcasm, keep the idea as a good way to share your videos

Asayyeah
31st January 2004, 12:10 AM
On D- Pad i got 2:02, with 23.1 lap (Phantom), I can only dream of getting a sub 2min!!! lol

Tyson :wink:

You remember me a friend i had on fusionboard : The great oggob, the Australian from sydney, he played zone perfectly with analog pad, i ve fund this unbelivebal 'cause i was thought that only Neg-Con players could control the ship at high speed. But he prooves me the opposite.

It's a bit like you, you estonished me really, not because your Talon's Time (it's a good one with D pad but not incredible) But what's incredible is your :o 2.02.0 !! :o on Spilskinanke. Honestly congratulations, it's a real great performance. I think the man who will beat you with Dpad is not born yet!

Ask ' Santa Claus ' to offer you a Neg-Con or find one somewhere immediately!!. You must have one.

Asayyeah
31st January 2004, 12:11 AM

Spunky
31st January 2004, 12:46 AM
Ah
Reclaiming some of my times from ya.
Tough but not unbeatable.

That method is only usable in Phantom using the Piranha craft?

You didn't/can't use it in the other classes?

Spunky

TYSON
31st January 2004, 01:02 AM
shinji wrote:

while you've spent last 8 years playing wipeout the World went on and there are now 2 brand new inventions:

1- CD writers: you can put whatever you want on an empty CD!

2- Mail: you can send whatever you want to whoever you want! CDs included!

okay, forgive sarcasm, keep the idea as a good way to share your videos

Joking or not dude you need to cool down. Your not the only one that is shocked by these times, I'm affraid i don't have a spare 8 years to compete with Asayyeah, so instead I will congratulate him on his dedication.

Asayyeah wrote:

It's a bit like you, you estonished me really, not because your Talon's Time (it's a good one with D pad but not incredible) But what's incredible is your 2.02.0 !! on Spilskinanke. Honestly congratulations, it's a real great performance. I think the man who will beat you with Dpad is not born yet!

Well thankyou for that, have to admit it was long ago, but I remember it almost had me in tears, my heart rate was through the roof, & my hands were all sweaty... ahhh the good old days! he he

Maybe a negcon & learning this technique will make me dangerous? lol

Spunky wrote:

Ah
Reclaiming some of my times from ya.
Tough but not unbeatable

lol, wouldn't get too excited spunky, I expect to see the 1st 5 pilots with identical times when the scoreboard grows old (on Vector Venom & Rapier), remember the game only works in tenths of seconds not hundreds. so if your .09 seconds faster than someone else... no one will know.

By the way, no body should be turning around at the beginning then coming back over the start line, so that they can get 2 30.0 laps in Vector (as an example).... no cheating guys... he he

:lol:

Spunky
31st January 2004, 01:21 AM
remember the game only works in tenths of seconds not hundreds. so if your .09 seconds faster than someone else... no one will know

How would we know that we were .09 secs in front.
Like you said only shows up as tenths not hundreds.
What was the point?

By the way, no body should be turning around at the beginning then coming back over the start line, so that they can get 2 30.0 laps in Vector (as an example).... no cheating guys... he he

I gather you have tried this or have heard about it before?

Spunky

JABBERJAW
31st January 2004, 01:54 AM
Those auricom times are not achieved with the cheat technique as assayeah mentioned. Those times are all a little slower than my xl times(which is a slightly faster game) which pretty much evens out. I would say they are all perfect races though without getting hit by weapons. I'm going to try this new technique this weekend with talons reach on xl and 2097. It's going to be tough to get used to the new sensitivity, but worth it. Assayeah, what is the button layout on the negcon.

TYSON
31st January 2004, 03:06 AM
How would we know that we were .09 secs in front.
Like you said only shows up as tenths not hundreds.
What was the point?

The point was that it'll be alot harder to seperate players (I thought THAT was obvious) but maybe it wasn't to you.... ah... top spot... ah...no, (sounds cocky) hardly see the point in even saying this, I was trying to say that the top pilots will most likely just equal each other.

I gather you have tried this or have heard about it before?

yes i tested this theory and it works, & no as you can see i havnt submitted any times. That's not to say my times are crap... I just like to watch. Specially since i don't have a Negcon.

8)

Spunky
31st January 2004, 03:53 AM
(I thought THAT was obvious) but maybe it wasn't to you.... ah... top spot... ah...no, (sounds cocky)
Not cocky just wondering why stating the obivious was needed.
We all know that if 5 people got 15.9 secs that they would be tied to one position.

As for the Auricom times, why doesn't Assayeah just use the Piranha instead, it is quicker as his TT does prove.
Also the Auricom is nowhere near as fast as the Piranha anyway.
I'm just wondering how a Auricom could beat a Piranha.
I know that my current times still need 'tuning' but even the Qirex is quite a few seconds off the pace.

Spunky

Lance
31st January 2004, 05:59 AM
if any proof were needed that we take our records very seriously, this thread provides it in full.

however, in this discussion, we could use more tact and less text.

and please, we do have edit buttons; please combine sequential posts. it is not necessary to use a separate post to reply to each person. likewise, if no one has posted since your previous post and it hasn't been at least a few hours since your earlier one, just put your new thoughts in that original post.

thank you for co-operating. [yes, i sometimes thank before the co-operation has occurred. :) ]

and now, after looking at those awesome PAL times posted by several pilots, i crawl humbly back to my non-Phantom, non-Piranha, non-fast attempts to get around the courses on XL

Mano
31st January 2004, 06:07 AM
This is the kind of thing (asayyeah´s technique) i was refferring when i suggested the guides for the games, great stuff indeed. this moves me more towards buying a psx again as the emulator i prefer doesnt support negcons yet.

stin
31st January 2004, 08:22 AM
Hi Stin,
What are you thinking about? getting a negcon as well? Sorry i didn't get what you were saying.

Yes I was thinking getting a necgon for me and I was slightly tipsy last night! :oops:

stin :D

Asayyeah
31st January 2004, 02:32 PM
Ah
1) That method is only usable in Phantom using the Piranha craft?

2) You didn't/can't use it in the other classes?

Spunky

Hi Spunky

1) only with pirahna.

2) I didn't use it in vector and venom because i didn't play those class anymore
From my memory in rapier class it's not possible (or i can't do that ) the speed limit is 394kph ( if i didn't make a mistake) but i remember that my friend Sleeh-003 find a kind of technique to acheive 425 kph his result : 16.5 for a lap and 1.09.2 in rapier's mode!!) Me 17.5 and 1.13.5.
To conclude i think it's possible.

JABBERJAW
31st January 2004, 02:37 PM
How did he do that? what was the technique

Asayyeah
31st January 2004, 02:39 PM
Assayeah, what is the button layout on the negcon.

Thrust : I
Fire : II
Change view : B
Discard weapon : A

I check your times on XL in SG and TT, they are not little times :wink:
But you did put only 3 or 4 lap time, could you update them.
I also saw you were under 1.20 on Talon's you currently improve your times: great.
Good emulation for everybody

Spunky
31st January 2004, 02:49 PM
Thems not bad times at all.
Just getting under 1.20.00 on Talons Phantom is somewhat difficult.
I haven't played TT for a little while, might have to give it a whirl again to best my times again.

Wouldn't mind knowing that technique that your mate used if any.
It might have just been a bloody tight race..

Spunky

Shinji Ikari
31st January 2004, 10:28 PM
asayyeah, I've seen that your records turned from Auricom to Piranha!

you put auricom by fault the 1st time? the times I was sceptic about were those with auricom... with piranha it can be possible...

stin
31st January 2004, 11:45 PM

you put auricom by fault the 1st time? the times I was sceptic about were those with auricom... with piranha it can be possible...

I was sceptic but not now!! cos what I have seen it!!

Remember he has been working for a while..............and you know the rest is history.

Asayyeah
1st February 2004, 12:40 AM

Yes for the weekend i try to update my auricom times ( which are true times), i ve explained on a recent post why i post my auricom times, so only read me.

At this time i am on venom sagarmatha with pirahna, try to beat the excellent time of clint Johnston :1.23.8

Me i always be sceptic about the number of beer you drank tonight Stin :P :P

Spunky
1st February 2004, 04:08 AM
Well it was a excellent time until u beat it asayyeah.
How difficult was it to beat it?
Just wondering if it is possible to better your times.

Spunky

Asayyeah
1st February 2004, 05:04 AM
I stop for tonight ( 5 hours playing)
Many times from vector to venom i 'll have big difficulties.
So i think you are Clint.
Well i spent 1 hour on your dawn 1.23 on sagar , and also 45 min on valparaiso to beat your vector time ( in this one i 've done 40.3 on the first lap! : don't know how?, before my PB was 40.6 on lap 2)
You prove that you work hard on vector and venom, congrats.

Otherwise, to beat my vector and venom times you mustn't touch any craft, avoid all missiles and rockets, i think it's really possible but the average will be thin. ( i don't really sure about the translation of my last sentence...)

For the rapier and phantom, everything is possible, i was really surprised by one of race tonight, Sagar phantom: i made 16.2 ( + 2 other 16 and +2 17 sec).It's possible to compare with talon's reach time!!

Well, it's time to bed now, see you tomorrow, maybe

TYSON
1st February 2004, 05:18 AM
Wow,
This has turned pretty exciting, maybe i can get back into my fav game after all. I'd like to know more about this technique.

What angle should I use on a Negcon?

When I go over a blue pad... do I press the left then right (or opposite) airbrake really quickly? I'm not sure how to get that extra 20Km, should I be directly over the pad when i do the tap tap on the brakes?

Thanks in advance, I just want to beat that damned clock and get under 16!!! I'd love that! Don't think i have the skill for a decent challenge to these other top guns though, so sorry bout that dudes.

Spunky
1st February 2004, 05:20 AM
I love the battle on those speeds.
You know when you are hooning along you get the 'MISSLE', and cause you aren't flying faster than the 'MISSLE' it slowly catches you then just as you are about to pass a turbo it goes WAM making you miss the turbo then more then likely hit the wall.
Another thing I 'LOVE' is when your flying along and passing people left, right and centre
and you get the 'MISSLE, MISSLE, MISSLE' and in Vemon your going just fast enough(sometimes) to keep in front of them as long as you don't stuff up.

I just love the totally uncertainly about that.
Blood racing, sweaty palms all that.
Combines to make WIPEOUT 2097.

Spunky

TYSON
1st February 2004, 05:31 AM
Hi Spunky,
I've always found it funny when i try to stay calm when i'm going for a 5th lap etc. You just can't help but let the panic set in! lol

Yep, your right the sweaty palms, high heart rate, it's no wonder Assayeah has played the game 8 years! he he, to this day I havn't played anything that gave me as good a rush & satisfaction when I complete something (like a race). Probably the funiest thing about this is the fact that most of the races barely last 2 minutes! he he

I saw a negcon in EB recently, might go see if it's still there.

Keep up the good work guys

EDIT UPDATE:

OOOH god I did it!!! ha ha, a 15.9 with a D PAD! yeah ha. Thanks Assayeah! I've been taping that airbrake as i go over the pads, i've seen speeds higher than ever like 441 or somethin.

Using the Dpad though I still had to use the shortcut to get the time. Are you sure about excluding the cut off?

Now i need to get rid of that lame 1:23...
:D

Task
1st February 2004, 07:32 AM
A very interesting topic...
It sounds like this "technique" to achieve faster speeds on WOXL can be simplified to "travel over the boost pads diagonally, from one corner to the next, the airbrake might be the best way to do this."
This only makes sense to me.
Boost pads are rectangular. Usually you travel over them in the short dimension, thereby spending the _minimum_ time on the boost pad. What you seem to be trying to do is cross over them diagonally, thereby spending the _maxium_ time on the boost pad.
This would account for being able to achieve higher speeds, since you're getting more speed out of the boost pad simply by spending more time on it, making it bigger almost.
Theoretically, if you could fly over a boost pad from one corner to the next in a straight line, you'd get the best speed increase. Of course, it would also likely mean that you hit a wall. Which is why the airbrake is the way to do it, sliding over the boost pad without changing your heading/facing.

People who have managed to find a speed boost this way: Is my synopsis correct?

TYSON
1st February 2004, 07:44 AM
Hi Task,
I think basically that's it, but I'm no expert at this, you'd have to ask Assayeah. I'm not sure if just doing the diagonal is enough, it seems that the airbrake forces the increase?

Ask the pro's. (not me! lol)

here are my Talons reach D pad times for everyone. (time trial)

Vector lap 30.6 race 1:01.4 (cheated)
Venom lap 26.0 race 1:18.7 (cheated)
Rapier lap 17.9 race 1:14.0
Phantom lap 15.9 race 1:23.2

I don't know how to put them up. Sorry about the post guys.

stin
1st February 2004, 09:27 AM

Me i always be sceptic about the number of beer you drank tonight Stin :P :P

LOL! I must have drank at least twenty bottles of beers under three hours!!

Shinji Ikari
1st February 2004, 01:22 PM
Remember he has been working for a while..............and you know the rest is history.

the fact that asayyeah has been playing for 8 years means nothing because even if I've played for less than half time he did I can perfectly understand what are the limits of the game...
If he had played the game for 20 years and he would tell you "My fastest lap on Talon's is 10 seconds with feisar" would you believe him?

I WON'T believe those times with an auricom until I see videos of that...
With Piranha is fine, but with auricom I oughta see them...

JABBERJAW
1st February 2004, 03:24 PM
His times are achieveable, no doubt, with the auricom. Just to let everyone know. This technique is extremely hard to do perfectly with having to have the pitch exactly right all the time. This is not a one week figuring out period. Months of practice is what it will take to do it pefectly, and one track at a time

Spunky
1st February 2004, 04:54 PM
Using the Dpad though I still had to use the shortcut to get the time. Are you sure about excluding the cut off?

Whats this shortcut that you are talking about?

By the way asayyeah I've taken back Vemon and Vector SR times.

Like I said 'Tough but not unbreakable'

Spunky

Asayyeah
1st February 2004, 06:12 PM
Whats this shortcut that you are talking about?

At the beginning before the big right turn you can cut , at the top of the hill you can go right through the wall if you put your nose up, but it depends where you cut, if you cut a lot you decrease speed and you lost time ( i think) if you raisonnably cut less you can gain 0.2/0.3 sec a lap.

Great times Spunky i will see yours

This technique is extremely hard to do perfectly with having to have the pitch exactly right all the time.
That's the reason why i think every times i made are not uncheivable, because the pitch is extremely important to loose or win time, or i can't manage perfectly even 8 years spending on it.

People who have managed to find a speed boost this way: Is my synopsis correct?

I would say, you define it extremely well, it's very important to tap the air brakes quickly when you are on a pad. and control the pitch after

Lance
1st February 2004, 06:32 PM
uh oh, i can see it coming now; there will be a call for separate records tables to divide the fanatic pros from the more casual players. impossible to make the call for some of us as to which is which, of course

Shinji Ikari
1st February 2004, 08:45 PM
at any rate, what do you mean by controlling the pitch? what's the pitch?

Lance
1st February 2004, 09:17 PM
pitch is the fore and aft attitude of the ship, nose up or nose down

Asayyeah
1st February 2004, 11:40 PM
It's done the video size: 2.15 Mo i sent to everyone

Enjoy. :P :o

TYSON
2nd February 2004, 02:08 AM
Hi Assayeah,
Can you setup an FTP? that might be easy for people. Also, what do we need to view the video? DivX etc?

Thanks

Mano
2nd February 2004, 05:02 AM
can someone help me here? i received the file in 2 parts and mime didnt decode it so it appears as a lot of ascii text.... and i dont know to use mime to put it together (multipart mime i think its called..) btw i use outlook express (from the office xp version).

Asayyeah
2nd February 2004, 12:16 PM
Heh Stindah, a little help pse, ( you should open the attached file,Mano)

I 've sent a video test to Stindah, he told me that he receive 2 seperate e-mail but he succeed to open the attached file

If everybody can help Mano, thanks

I think i'll have solution: i saw my video again and it's an logitech video e-mail, Stindah has the same brand of webcam (logitech ), so he can read it ( same compressing format), maybe Mano don't.
I don't know if it's correct or not.
For those who can't read it : see me playing live with msn messenger( 6.1) as Stindah do last night

The ftp will be an ultim solution ( but i don't know how to do it)

Task
2nd February 2004, 05:38 PM
Wow, that video is hilarious.
By the 4th lap, you can tell he's got his groove on, he's cutting the corners as tight as he can and his "slow" speed is 441, going up to 480-odd on boost. And then, 5th lap, you can see him losing it. He totally wipes out, and it's a better race than I've ever managed.
Beacoup de entertaining.

It's actually 3 files. Two ".dat" files, and one ".exe" that runs the data files.
No special hw required, just run the exe and have the dat files in the same directory.
If you can't get it going, you're missing a file and doing something wrong. Not necessarily in that order. 8 )

Mano
2nd February 2004, 09:39 PM
well like i said i just received the video in two parts, not 2 files or three, this is because of mime decoding probably not working ok by my mail provider or because something got wrong in the way, and all i receive is a 2 part mail (multipart MIME) that is pure ascii (as in a lot of characters inside the mail, not an attachment.

If anyone can send it to me again please let me know, i will send another email address as the one i gave asayyeah probably doesnt decode this correctly in transit.

Tokai
2nd February 2004, 10:25 PM
why don't you send the video to Infox so he can put it on woz download section? I'm curious to watch it....there's a lot to learn I think. When I saw that 2097 table were on woz I started playing again that game...my times are improved but I still can do better (if someone did better than me!)...I tought i had to "fight" Spunky....but i think it's difficult to challenge people palying very well with negcon!

When Al started playing Wo3...my first place at Porto Kora disappeared! I think I can't compete with him....but I'll try to improve ;) (using a d-pad....)

Asayyeah
2nd February 2004, 11:44 PM
why don't you send the video to Infox so he can put it on woz download section? (using a d-pad....)

I've sent it to info, yesterday, i have no response from him.
But the video is not in a very good quality, nevertheless you can see 5 laps from Pirahna TT lap 1: 16.4 lap 2 : 14.8 lap 3 : 14.9 lap 4 : 14.8 lap 5: 18.1 ( never see you score at 460 kph big crash and 18 sec for result :lol: )

I've only received two positive answers :
Stindah and Task: thanks for commentaries
One negative : Mano ( he received it but can't open it)
No news from the others.

To Task: Thanks for precisions with the 3 files, it should be useful, for everyone.

To Mano: .It's probably due to your firewall because it's an .EXE attached file, your firewall think it's an virus, that's probably why you see ASCII cods

I've finished to updated my sg scores. So if smo wants another video from other tracks, ask me.

if I tap the brake my speed increases, not on a speed pad.
Correct but just few kph, it's an powerfully effect with blue pads.

lunar
2nd February 2004, 11:52 PM
Assayeah, I`m not sure I can receive an email that size on hotmail, so I might have to wait until you get it online somewhere. Would love to see it though.

On the subject of 2097 speed, I`ve noticed, on the straight at Sagarmatha, if I tap the brake my speed increases, not on a speed pad. Don`t know if you mentioned it, but this phenomenon is maybe not just speed pad related, but the speed pads increase the effect and make it more powerful. This is all very interesting, but these techniques are beyond me at the moment, as I can`t get the basic speed and would appreciate some advice.

For instance, on TR rapier I can`t get a lap time under 19.3, whatever I do. If I take every corner tight, pitch up slightly at the end of the descents so I don`t hit bottom anywhere, hit every speed pad down the middle and don`t touch the brakes or release the throttle I still can`t get under 19.3. I`ve tried many methods on every section, tailing my ghost ship so I can compare what I`m doing, and nothing seems to make the kind of huge difference I need. My phantom times are also lame, even a really clean and accurate lap is only the same as one where you hit the wall. :-? :o

JABBERJAW
3rd February 2004, 02:07 AM
It just takes a ton of practice so you can play with the pitch till it's just right. Got 15.2 a couple of times today and once missed the last speedpad. I should be under 15 soon(for 1 lap). I was having trouble bottoming out just before the tunnel, but I think I have that figured out. Assayeah, on the first downhill, do you stay to the outside? it seems to allow me to go over the first speed boosts at over 450 if I do it right. Also, on the second bump, do you push the pitch down so you don't lose speed?

Spunky
3rd February 2004, 08:13 AM
Onya Assayyeah for beating those TL and Sagar times on Vector and Vemon.
That would have taken some beating.
It took me about an 1hr to get all 4 of them.
Having a bit of trouble with Val Vector though.
Can't get below 47.7 on the first lap.
If I try to cut tight on the first right. I keep hitting the ship and if I go to wide then I lose the angle needed to cut out .4 secs.

What did you do?
I got a 46.3 on the second lap as well and can constanly get under 46's for that lap.
When I do get the first lap right as I get up to pos 3 - 6 I then get 3 - 4 missles straight for me.
Must have it in for me.

Asayyeah
3rd February 2004, 12:32 PM
Got 15.2 a couple of times today and once missed the last speedpad. I should be under 15 soon(for 1 lap). Also, on the second bump, do you push the pitch down so you don't lose speed?
Incredible Al, you awesome me! DROOL . ' The fantasy world of 14 is close to you now ' :o

Assayeah, on the first downhill, do you stay to the outside? it seems to allow me to go over the first speed boosts at over 450 if I do it right.
It depends on which speed you achieved when you cross the line, 450 over the blue pad on the right side means you cross the line at 430/435 no?. It smtimes happened to me crossing the line at 450 i took the 1 first pad (470)and after i don't take the 2nd on the left side, prefering stay on the right side of the track, ok i decrease from 470 to 440 at the top of the hill but i reduce the distance.
That's my point of view.

It took me about an 1hr to get all 4 of them.
And it took me more than 1 hour to do 25.7 on venom sagar, i don't estimated the number of 25.8 before i do this. but your 1.20.9 is always from actuality : great time ( you probably won't be hitting by any ship )
I leave you that one .
For Valparaiso it's same problem of avoiding missiles on vector and venom classes.
I made a good race on vector and venom, i hit no ships, and avoid all missiles.
To conclude On the first right you must cut on tight, it's possible not to hit ship( up and down nose): hard to explain, and also hard to do .

Spunky
3rd February 2004, 06:25 PM
When I get a chance I'll have to have a go at cracking the times that you broke again.
I'm guessing though that the times there now are reaching the limit that can be acheived on those tracks and speeds.
You're not beating my times by that much on TL, I'll leave them and come back to them later.
Going to attempt the other tracks Val onwards.
Hope to crack some of them.
I must remind you that I love Gare d'europa, so you will have some decent times to beat there.

AmishRobot
4th February 2004, 04:05 AM
uh oh, i can see it coming now; there will be a call for separate records tables to divide the fanatic pros from the more casual players. impossible to make the call for some of us as to which is which, of course

*jab*
Ouch! What was that you were saying, Lance? ;)

...I think it's absolutely awesome that after all this time assuming that WO3 was the "tech" version of the game, asayyeah and al have proven that there's more to XL than we thought. Fantastic! (though it seems I'm nowhere near as good as I thought)

Shinji Ikari
4th February 2004, 09:34 AM
HEY HEY HEY HEY!

I want that video too!

can someone send it to me?

3rdchildren@fastwebnet.it

thanks a lot!

stin
4th February 2004, 01:18 PM
HEY HEY HEY HEY!

I want that video too!

can someone send it to me?

3rdchildren@fastwebnet.it

thanks a lot!

Been send to you :wink:

infoxicated
4th February 2004, 02:47 PM
Been send to you :wink:
Come on, man - you're Scottish, not French! :D :lol:

Asayyeah
4th February 2004, 04:02 PM
Come on, man - you're Scottish, not French! :D :lol:

I don't know why do you compare me to Stin? :roll: i will have had been was have had a perfect Engligh, and Stin is not concerned by that, nobody's understanding what he's writing he is from Scotland !! :P

More Seriously, thanks answered me for the hostingvideos.
I would like to know ( in a simple way) how to change the format of EXE to be able to send you the videos.

If anyone could help me?

Shinji Ikari
4th February 2004, 04:29 PM
I GOT THE VIDEOS: THANKS A LOT!

but they don't work for now...

I saved the files and the logitech video e-mail player in the same folder and set the files so that will be always opened with that .exe but it doesn't work...
the program opens but I can see only logitech's logo in the window...

please, help!

science
5th February 2004, 04:08 AM
This is what I hate more than anything about falling behind in the forums.
82 replies. crapola.

Asayyeah
5th February 2004, 11:59 PM
crapola.

You certainly mean Francis Ford Copola! 8)

Seriously, I've sent to Infoxi the videofile in changing the exe's.
When his broadband connexion will be ok, he will put it on the download section.
He will inform us for that.
But probably my time will be shooted by Al's one. He's actually at 15.0 and 1.17.5.
Incredible Al!

I am not on rest : i put good times on W3O pal Porto kora TT phanthom i made a 18.72 a lap, not bad for a newbee on W3O.

Asayyeah
17th February 2004, 11:08 PM
Hey Info is it always good for the video or not,
I thing few people will be interested by that, Al told me it would be great to see it.
If you are ok or not just answer me, please.

Thanks for that Infoxicated