PDA

View Full Version : CoLD SToRAGE and mental images

Hybrid Divide
21st January 2004, 10:14 AM
Do any of you listen to CoLD SToRAGE (or any WIpEout music) and get a vision of a certain track in your head?
For example:

Body In Motion : Gare d' Europa
Canada : Phenitia Park
Cairodrome : Altima VII
XPander : Manortop
Monolith Boy (WO64) : Terafumos

You get the idea. :D

yuusen
21st January 2004, 11:28 AM
It's been a while since I played as my PS2 was stolen last year but in general:

Any 2097 title: Sagarmartha (my favourite circuit)
'Big Groovy ****er': Any Fusion track (again, its been a while, details are scarce)

You mentioned WO64, I'd be interested to get hold of the tracklisting.

Also, is there any new music introduced into Wipeout 3 SE, or did they repeat wip3out's tracklist?

infoxicated
21st January 2004, 11:58 AM
Nah - it was the same stuff as Wipeout 3 in SE.

Welcome to the site, incidentally :)

Roger
21st January 2004, 12:46 PM
You mentioned WO64, I'd be interested to get hold of the tracklisting.
Well, for a start there are versions of "Goodnight Lover" and "Absurd" by Fluke and "Bang On!" by The Propellerheads. Then there's a number of tracks by PC Music.

Hybrid Divide
21st January 2004, 04:07 PM
Check the old forum's wo64 section. There's a track listing in there somewhere! :D

yuusen
21st January 2004, 04:15 PM
_
thanks vagrant, do you have a link to the index?
_
¥

Piranha Advancements
21st January 2004, 07:11 PM
Here's a link for the track faqs.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/wipeout_music.txt

Credits to Anna Williams..whom..well no one knows where she's gone.

djb
21st January 2004, 08:23 PM
Do any of you listen to CoLD SToRAGE (or any WIpEout music) and get a vision of a certain track in your head?

after a hard racing session last thing at night, just pop the game into your cd player before you go to bed, and drift to sleep, you will find you have the best AG dreams you ever had running through your mind, ...though i would never publicly endorse the smoking of cannabis im told it helps with the overall effect :lol:

jmoid
21st January 2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah body in motion reminds me of Gare d'Europa too, as it was the song on the demo version that had Gd'E as the only playable track.

Piranha Advancements
21st January 2004, 11:02 PM
I love Cold Comfort to bits.It was that song that sealed me to the original Wipeout.As for the track visions..it's great that I have company.

Although the tracks-in-the-head dont derive after mad listenings of Wipeout music,it most notably comes from my Gatecrasher songs.I pop to bed,eyes closed,pop in my headphones and play either Svenson & Gielen's Twisted or Ramirez's Hablando Push Remix.I'll think of this race,the world race where the present lineup of Fusion,all get introduced at certain sections of this.."whateveryoumacallit",kinda like a 20 minute Wipeout intro or something.

They'll be racing at a track where it envelops the world passing by the major landmarks like "industrial decay" Russia, neon Tokyo, nuclear-tech(hey,blame EG-R) China etc

It'll be anime-ish done in the styling of Satoshi-Kon.And all this,has been going through my head for a long time.The perfect race.Man I wish I took up multi-media so I could actually attempt to do it instead of just leave it hanging in my head.

Well enough boring ya guys.

FoxZero
22nd January 2004, 10:18 PM
the only track that does this for me is cold comfort, which reminds me of slipstream. after a few weeks of playing the original, i experimented with different cds until i finally left the music disabled. ever since then ive always played wipeout with no music so i can focus on the game.

Shem
22nd January 2004, 10:46 PM
Piranha, I had a similar idea....well....a vision let's call it that...
I used to listen to Underworld's - King Of Snake, imagining the intro for a Wipeout, which will never come to life...but anyhow...
The intro of "King of snake" (yeah..."fighting snake....it's very scary....") had put an idea into my mind...the cafts emerging from the pits [front view, camera's moving right filming the crafts, support AG machines flying all over the place]. Sudden fade out. Next scene.
AG machines are on their own now..... Fade Out..... (and so on....it would take a while to describe it all....).
Heh, my point is - R U - W'O fans having this type of getting high on your own supply? (heh :wink: ).

Piranha Advancements
22nd January 2004, 11:01 PM
We should have a name for this "vision" thing.

And I can empathise with the part about taking a while to describe it all,Shem.Hehe..same here.And I know it will be grandiose in design right?

Shem
23rd January 2004, 10:48 AM
Well, I think it will be so....unless someone is just waiting for the whole script to be published here, being albe to do it.....................................
.............nahhhhh..no way... :)

Lance
23rd January 2004, 02:30 PM
well, there is a name, sorta. Wish-Fulfillment Fantasies. ;)

maybe GameVisions

or GameWorlds

or The Worlds of WipEout

WipEout World?

yuusen
23rd January 2004, 03:17 PM
_
pirana: thanks for the link. the site gave me an error but at least i know eher to look; good effort. as for nameing the vision thing, i am sure it comes somewhere close to the psychological/nervous-system condition: synasthaesea. synasthaesea is the cross wiring of the senses; sight becomes sound, taste becomes smell, touch becomes taste etc. although not as profound as the neurological disorder, this 'visions' thing is certainly in the spectrum. or it could just be memorial.

does anyone hear game sounds in silent situations?

-

on a similar 'note' : what would be your ideal music for playing wipEout to? tell me if this has been covered already as it seems quite a generic question.
_
¥

yuusen
23rd January 2004, 03:22 PM
_
pirana: i just read your gatecrasher/intro idea and may be able to help.
i am currently studying flash mx and actionscript (web animation authoring tool if you dont already know) in order to expend my graphic design scope.
if you can come up with a script by the time i have mastered the tool it would be great to collaborate our efforts and bring your idea to life. we are similar animals : i get a lot of my ideas from listening to music.
_
¥

Piranha Advancements
23rd January 2004, 04:17 PM
Dreams can become reality if we work on it,Lance! (-cue Yuna-esque pose a~la FFX-2).Oh and I apologise for the blocked link,Yuusen! I forgot about linking directly to the faqs.

Anyways..script.We share a kinship,Decepticon! I'll try to work out a script,it's all in my head.Provided I know how to professionally and PROPERLY write one.

I'll give it a shot eh.I'll see yours too eh,Shem..

Lance
23rd January 2004, 04:40 PM
''Dreams can become reality''
of course! that's how pretty much everything technological or artistic gets made. if it weren't for fantasy, we wouldn't have anything beyond what chimpanzees have. it takes more than opposable thumbs to be human. sometimes i doubt that it even requires thumbs

Roger
23rd January 2004, 04:56 PM
what would be your ideal music for playing wipEout to? tell me if this has been covered already as it seems quite a generic question.
This thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=572&highlight=) ought to get you started...

Shem
23rd January 2004, 05:59 PM
I've been working with Flash MX for a while, and I don't think it would be a good tool to make my script come true (in my head [heh...], I imagine it more like a prerendered animation). But, hey! If you, yuuusen are really good at Flash animating, and all the related stuff.......,then I'll just listen to the "King of snake" again :wink: .
BTW - Flash rules as a tool for making animated-wipeout-logos (nothing new here, I'm just saying.... 8).

yuusen
23rd January 2004, 07:40 PM
_
shem, i agree. wipeout and the dr got me into vector graphics. flash is the next logical step for me.
once my hardware supports it i want to work with maya and combustion too, so who knows, we could stream low-res versions over the net at least.

itll be a few months until i get flash doing what i want, im learning the 'bare bones, code first' way.

roger, thanks for the link, ive always wondered.

¥