PDA

View Full Version : Need help for wipeout 2097

Blasterius
19th January 2004, 03:00 PM
Hi all!!!
I'm very pleased of being part of all that mass of people who love WO:2097, the best racing game i've ever seen in my life....and more!!!!!
So, i finally BOUGHT my copy of 2097 from amzon.uk. The Game runs correctly on the boot, but i disperately need an help!!!!!!
Pratically, it SEEMS TO FAIL TO LOAD TEXTURES! Infact in the Main Menu i can see only WHITE an BLUE COLOrs!!! PLEASE HELP ME SO I CAN GAME!!!!
I'VE AN ATHLON/800 with a Geforce2GTS/32mb, and i've also installed Windows98 first then Windows 2000 Professional. Then i've installed DX3, taken from the Game's_CD and the video runs with Detonator 23.12. Maybe i need a 3dFX, but i don't think that is the problem, reading around your messages.
So, the game runs correctly, the music is OK!, but i can't play without Textures!!
PLEASE HELP ME !!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Blasterius
19th January 2004, 03:13 PM
Obviously, i run the game onto Windows98_SE!! :wink:
OK, i'm waiting secure somone can HELP!!!

science
19th January 2004, 05:46 PM
I'd start by reinstalling. If that doesn't work, I'd make doubly sure that the install is putting the texture bitmaps on your hard drive. there should be either a textures or an images subfolder somewhere in there after the install. That's a longshot, but it's worth a try. If that doesn't work, I would assume that it is some sort of video card problem and id fiddle with the card settings abit. If that doesn't work, give your tower a good swift kick. That'll at least make you feel better. :)

Blasterius
19th January 2004, 10:14 PM
I think that's a particularity of that game..... :P
However, the problems with the textures were dissolved changing Detonators from 23.12 to 6.50.
The game now it's very very fast and uncontrollable....so, i wish you tell me one fix for velocity in game. :evil:

FoxZero
19th January 2004, 11:06 PM
use a program like moslo or turbo(?) to slow down your computer enough so that the game runs better. the game will run better on slower computers (pentium 166 is ideal) so you can try switching computers too. there is no 'fix' though other than work-arounds by running external programs.

gbit
19th January 2004, 11:41 PM
Seeing as you have a GeForce 2 GTS, what you can try is to turn on full-screen antialiasing and anisotropic filtering to the highest settings in the nvidia control panel. Then try running the game, and if it doesn't run slower, it'll definitely look good! :)

FoxZero
19th January 2004, 11:43 PM
yeah then set the resolution really high. that could work too.