PDA

View Full Version : "Hackers" (the movie) & Wipeout

Shem
17th January 2004, 09:43 AM
I Wonder if you'd seen this film before, anyway, I was just wandering if you know this :
There's this scene in the film - the main character (a genius hacker) goes to an underground club. Meets his friends and all, and, whats most relavant - he starts to play an arcade version of Wipeout!!! Well, it's not exactly the same game as it was on Playstation back in 1996....but....the crafts were the same, he was flying on a track wich was pretty much like Wipeout, the weapons he used were diferent, though.
I'm almost sure it WAS Wipeout (maybe a concept version of the first W'O...).
Ofcourse - the game he played was a pre-rendered animation, but It still was pretty much like W'O....
Have you seen this film? Do you think it was Wipeout?

Hybrid Divide
17th January 2004, 09:53 AM
It says it's WipEout in the credits.
The actual gameplay was pre-rendered.

This has been discussed in much deapth before.
It'd be nice if we could get raw footage of the render though! :lol:

Roger
17th January 2004, 09:53 AM
You're on the right track - it IS Wipeout related. It has been discussen on a number of occasions.

Read this topic (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1041) by Jim Bowers. Towards the end you'll find a story about the Hackers "game".

---
edit: man, Vagrant, you beat me to it by a couple of seconds - all because I took time too look up a corresponding topic, grumble grumble :wink:.

A render would be nice. Umm, Nick, on account of your recent discoveries (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1173), perhaps you could look through your stuff again. Maybe there's a VCR tape to be found somewhere - or floppies with stills... 8)

Shem
17th January 2004, 10:06 AM
Thanx again!!! :wink:

Lance
17th January 2004, 02:52 PM
:)
it happens to newbies. yep.
that's why when i first joined when we were on the old message board [at ezboard], i read the whole thing before i made my first post
[whaddya mean, extreme?]

science
17th January 2004, 04:21 PM
I think we have about three novels worth of text in the combined message boards now, so don't feel bad for not going over it all. :)

Lance
17th January 2004, 04:46 PM
well, yes, it wAs a teeny bit easier to do when i joined back in those ancient beginning-of-history days of olden times. um... about two and a half years ago. there have been just a few additional posts since then. and probably hardly any new members go to the old forum we had then and read any of it