PDA

View Full Version : THE Tim Wright?

Hyper Shadow
23rd February 2002, 12:49 PM
If anyone has the new (UK) OPS2 Magazine and looked at the killer apps question box and that article about the Super Trucks game could you please confirm if the Tim Wright in the pictures is actually the Tim Wright WipEout music fame (wasn't he the Cold Fusion artist). His credits stated that he did MUSIC (the game) for the playstation but I was wondering if he was missing an important credit???

infoxicated
23rd February 2002, 12:55 PM
Very good rumour has it that the Tim_Wright_Is_God idiot on the Wipeout Fusion forums is actually Tim Wright.

That has nicely lowered my opinion of him to equal status with that of excrement. Wish he'd just do a DR and disappear up his own arse!

Lance
23rd February 2002, 01:21 PM
damn. just as i was becoming a tim wright fan. let's hope the likely to be true rumour isn't true.

AmigoJack
23rd February 2002, 01:35 PM
ever seen a picture of Tim Wright? i think i got a small gif somewhere...

anyway - Tim Wright isnt CoLD SToRAGE only. he did also a horror story on the radio - and i think he was also involved in the "alone in the dark" musics.

i dont really care wheather hes an "idiot" or not. what he did under "CoLD SToRAGE" for W'O'' was incredible and will be ulimatum for all times (for me).

(btw: ive experienced this "he was good in that, but in then..."-phenomenom quite often - so dont see everything in whole...)

Lance
23rd February 2002, 04:21 PM
true. those first eight tracks by CS are ideal racing music.

AmigoJack
26th February 2002, 07:20 PM
i was wrong - CS did music for "shadow of the beast" (never played that or "alone in the dark" either - so its nearly the same to me...)

anyway i hope you spotted out in the F9000 forum that he finally has his own hp at http://www.coldstorage.org.uk and he is finally announcing his own album. that would be so ace!!!!!!!!!

Lance
26th February 2002, 10:04 PM
thanks for the addy; i never go to the official fusion site at all anymore.

and while i think of it, thanks for the WO64 tracks on your site. i've got them all now; downloaded one every few days instead of all at once cos i didnt want to push angelfire's bandwidth limit.

AmigoJack
27th February 2002, 07:38 PM
nevermind - i already know this "bandwidth limit" from yahoo! geocities. but i never got a message from angelfire that the site has huge access.

Lance
27th February 2002, 08:19 PM
oops. when i tried to use the decryptor, it said that it couldn't create the new unencrypted file. i am running win98, and i'm not using protected folders cos i change their content too fast to want to go to the trouble.

?

AmigoJack
2nd March 2002, 10:48 AM
the reason for this must be a simple one:
- filename contains invalid characters?
- filepath contains non-existing directories?
- not enough diskspace?
- input filename = output filename?

try to create the file at "C:1.mp3". it nothing helps something went terribly wrong and ill try to send you a re-compiled version...

CoLD SToRAGE
1st September 2002, 05:21 PM
Very good rumour has it that the Tim_Wright_Is_God idiot on the Wipeout Fusion forums is actually Tim Wright.

That has nicely lowered my opinion of him to equal status with that of excrement. Wish he'd just do a DR and disappear up his own arse!

:(

Just popped in to the forums for the first time and I discover I smell of poo! :lol:

No idea who he is (could be someone in my workplace taking the piss of course). Anyhow, just thought I'd set the record straight... I've got better things to do than blow my own trumpet under a pseudonym(!)

If you want info. on the 'real' Tim Wright then there's only one place www.coldstorage.org.uk which is in fact getting a re-vamp soon. Best regards to everyone on the Wipeout forums, for their kind comments and their continued love of Wipeout!

Take it easy,
BoLD FRoNTAGE. :wink:

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/storage.jpg

Bob Todd
1st September 2002, 07:12 PM
Blimey, dude, you serious? If this isn't a wind-up, then it's a funky-dope thing indeed.

FoxZero
1st September 2002, 07:35 PM
thanks for clearing that up tim, and welcome to the board.

btw, YOUR MUSIC IS AWESOME. :o

infoxicated
1st September 2002, 09:14 PM
Wow, Tim - this is an old topic... yeah, that guy on the Fusion boards with the name did sound like someone taking the smeg after all. Fortunately he seems to have disappeared.

BTW - if anyone wants to see the meaning of the word "balls", take a look at Tim's site and find the picture of him doing 137mph up a hill on his very nice motorbike :o 8)

Lance
1st September 2002, 09:21 PM
hi Tim, welcome to the forums. you have indeed done good work; glad to see you here

stin
1st September 2002, 09:52 PM
well I`ve been thinking about Tim! don`t get me wrong I do really like his music! but one problem does he play Wipeout?! just asking

stin :roll:

Wamdue
1st September 2002, 10:03 PM
:o

wooow.. there are more wo-developers/music creators watching this forum than I thought , as a kid playing wipEout.. I never thought that I would be able to discuss wipeout with the makers.. indeed awesome.. I hope you stay active and doesnt disapear Tim

ps. Canada is my favorite ;)

AmigoJack
2nd September 2002, 01:32 PM
tim finally hits 'zone - this is awesome! ive never been "closer" to one of my favorite musical artists...

CoLD SToRAGE
2nd September 2002, 08:11 PM
:D Flip! What a great welcome...

Yes indeed I DO play wipeout, and before I start a flame war, I'm not going to say which one I perefer - but all I will say is Wipeout the original was rock hard for total beginners but I still love playing it after all this time. :)

I did actually get contacted for the 3rd Wipeout to do some choonz, but sadly they replaced the producer and I got 'forgotten'. :(

Oh well! Life goes on... :)

I'm working on some music right now, but I've decided not to rush anything. After much persuasion, I've dragged my old Amiga A1200 out of the shed, loaded up the old Wipeout MIDI files and I'm looking at doing some crazy remixes before the end of the year.

I will indeed stay active - Wipeout / 2097 / XL were great times for me. That's when I got addicted to RED BULL! - we got given hundreds of cans and a free fridge in the office. No-one told me it had caffeine in it, but I found out the hard way - drank 6 cans in 1/2hr and nearly climbed the walls of my studio. :lol:

Take care all,
CoLD FRoTHAGE

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/storage.jpg

Lance
2nd September 2002, 09:24 PM
six cans in a half-hour? yikes. i would expect spontaneous combustion from all the friction from tense cell membranes!

btw, nifty pic on your site of the Psygnosis studio days at a time when you needed the Red Bull. oo, a blue PSX. yes.

Wamdue
2nd September 2002, 09:48 PM
I dunno what you guys call it, but in sweden its called a "Flak" , that is.. 4sixpacks or so of cans.. I got thru 2 flaks of jolt in 2 days.. .. on the third day I couldnt handle anymore, itfelt like a hung-over :o

those caffine-drinks just look so innocent..

Synthetic Consciousness
2nd September 2002, 10:24 PM
[Wamdue] It's always the innocent looking things that will get you, yes. Nature has done that for millennia. Smell the pretty flower--and end up in its stomach. :lol:

6 cans in a half hour...I should try that, and then try making some tunes. :D ...Oh, wait. My stuff sounds weird enough as it is. Want proof? Once my stuff's online [soon, I hope...I think more begging is in order], check out "Polyester", or better yet, "Prozac". :o

[CoLD:SToRAGE] The forecast calls for a CoLD FRoNTAGE. Glad to see you finally made it to the Zone [or would that now be ZoNE?]. :D You piqued my curiousity when you mentioned the word "remixes". I'll definately be looking forward to hearing those. Maybe you should try the Red Bull experience again, and then see what you can do. "Cairodrome [Flak RMX]"? :D Can you say "1000 bpm"? :lol: And we don't flame each other here, so don't worry--we Quake Disrupt each other, and disintegrate each other with Plasma Bolts. [cue Amiga voice: "Member Eliminated"] 8)

[Lance] The blue PSX is specially color-coded to designate that it is for use by professional developers and game testers. The blue PSX has 8 MB of RAM, and can play preproduction beta CDs [which are a lovely shiny gold color, by the way]. :)

[Note:to:self] I need to ease off the emoticons, yes? :P

Lance
3rd September 2002, 04:16 AM
SC: yes, i knew about the blue PSX. 'twas why i mentioned it. :) :) :)

Synthetic Consciousness
3rd September 2002, 05:29 AM
[Lance] That abbreviation works. Better than typing it all out and risking carpal-tunnel syndrome. :P *sends a Quake Disruptor your way and watches you bounce around* Bwahahahaha! :lol: *launches a Plasma Bolt at Wamdue, and misses* Man, I can never aim those things...you got lucky, man. :P *readies an Electrobolt and eyes everyone suspiciously...*

infoxicated
3rd September 2002, 08:22 AM
CS: That mention of the Amiga 1200 has me harking back to the days... gave mine to my cousin when I built my first PC, then spent three years moaning that I could have oodles of things open on my Amiga and it wouldn't slow down like the PC does with Word open! ;)

Hey, now that I think about it I gave him my A500+ too, and now he's after my spare PS2... am I just over generous or what?!

Wamdue
3rd September 2002, 07:56 PM
my big brother uses my atari for music development.. aw, how I miss the games..
the little sound of cubase on a 1/4 *blip blip blip blip bleeeep* is all nostalgia....

Anastasia
4th September 2002, 10:14 PM
Hiya everyone! This is a message for CoLD SToRAGE: Firstly to say Hi and secondly to say how much I have enjoyed your music over the years. Well done! To me, yours was the classic wipeout music. I'm not that keen on the fusion soundtrack. Please, please, please get some remixes done. That would be fantastic.

My fave tracks are Cardinal Dancer, Messij and Operatique.

Ana :D

Vasudeva
5th September 2002, 08:09 AM
About old computers... My first one was a second-hand Commodore64 with primitive versions of Donkey Kong et al. Indeed, hours of gaming pleasure guaranteed! The only problem was that most games weren't finishable, i.e. they got stuck after a while or a disk was missing. And later the machine itself died :cry:. Oh well.

As for the CoLD SToRAGE topic, my favourite tracks would be Cold Comfort, Messij and the later Body in Motion. For me it was all part of the big wipEout experience :D.

Peace,
V.

Piranha Advancements
5th September 2002, 06:38 PM
Huole guacamole."God's Gift" posted here.And I was just listening to Cold Comfort hours ago.

FoxZero
5th September 2002, 07:37 PM
for me ? its all about trancevaal and cold comfort.

Spaceboy Gajo
6th September 2002, 07:14 AM
No-one told me it had caffeine in it, but I found out the hard way - drank 6 cans in 1/2hr and nearly climbed the walls of my studio. :lol:

:D

Oh my God, it's Tim Wright!!!!

I sent you e-mail long time ago. It was the coolest thing. My friends who were also Wipeout fans and fans of your music couldn't believe you replied back. Thank the Wipeout XL Soundtrack. Thanks for replying and I cannot believe you took your time and gave us a shout!

Any ways, when I was in Germany and Croatia last year I thought I drink Red Bull as a tribute to Wipeout XL and all the good times. Besides we do not get it down here in Canada. When in Berlin, well any ways. I popped these things down and like Tim, nobody told me there was caffeine in it at all.

I couldn't fall asleep in the middle of the night when I went from Zagreb to my grand parents place in Bosnia. Let me tell you it was the longest night!

spaceboy gajo

AmigoJack
7th September 2002, 06:55 PM
When in Berlin, well any ways
say what... msg me if you come into my hometown again :wink:

SoLD HoSTAGE

Spaceboy Gajo
8th September 2002, 04:11 AM
say what... msg me if you come into my hometown again :wink:

Kein problem AmigoJack.

I plan to visit your lovely hometown again.

I was :( to see it in Access Peace video. I remember Berlin so vividly.

spaceboy gajo

AmigoJack
8th September 2002, 08:02 AM
Access Peace
:P yeah the love parade is pretty funny. just come over here the next summer so we can party :wink:

Sovokor
10th September 2002, 06:54 PM
Ahhhh I got a million things to say but anyways, here's a few.

Tim Wright is definetely my favorite producer now that I know who produced the songs from Wipeout and with honesty, I love the songs more than the songs from Wip3out or Fusion. After viewing the CS.org.uk page ( My friends get confused with CS being Counter-Strike so I'm putting extra words in ) I absolutely love every song on there, especially "Around You" and "Seaper."

Now for the Wipeout soundtracks, I can't really decide what I like most, I love them all! Anyways, I'm glad you're here Tim and I totally look forward to those remixes.

xEik
10th September 2002, 08:12 PM
[Tim:] Have you ever worked in 'live' music sessions or you just prefer composing? You don't mention anything of this in your biografy at coldstorage.org.uk appart from belonging to some bands (I guess that was not electronical music, or it was?) but in the download info for Canada it says you "...spent some time in the company of the Chemical Brothers and Orbital at various gigs...".

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !